ADVERTISEMENT

The OB community lost a key member today (RIP Hornya)

I believe Hornya just turned 65. I met him once and he was not only a gentleman, but he truly loved TEXAS. God bless Ken and his entire family.

This post was edited on 7/2 1:58 PM by sfhorn

I do apologize to both Ken's as well as the board. I have been under the assumption that the Ken I knew was posting as Hornya. My mistake and I ask your forgiveness. I will delete my posts now.

Wow, not what I wanted to see when I clicked on OB today.

Rest in Peace Hornya and God bless you and your family.

RIP Hornya.

Thoughts and prayers are with your loved ones today.

This post was edited on 7/2 2:08 PM by ModelTFord14

Re: OT: Hornya

Well, Shit. There's some crappy news. Hornya was my age. A year older than me actually.

We were at UT at the same time in the mid 60's. We exchanged many emails and phone calls. He joined us for dinner one night a year or so ago for a baseball game with cheese, mikemc, principal, reverent horn and joeywa.

Friendly. Full of piss and vinegar like so many good guys, and like so many of us, as full of crap as a Christmas turkey and not afraid to let you know about it. Fun guy to talk to, especially about Longhorn trivia.

Very, very proud of his Longhorn history, Longhorn friends and Longhorn roots. Was a huge track and field fan, and speaking of track, by now he's probably trying to track down Farrah Fawcett and making a complete pest of himself.

RIP, my friend.

ADVERTISEMENT