ADVERTISEMENT

The OSU/OK game

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
When I think of this rivalry I say what rivalry? Why do they even give it a nickname?

But there really is a reason OSU can win this year. In the battle of Spencer's OSU's is definitely better. I also give OSU the edge at receiver Tyquan Wallace is better than any of OK's receivers. Running back? Chuba is better than any of OK rb's? I mean you really think Flegler or however he spells his name is better than Chuba?

When we played the cowboys they were ranked #1 in 3rd down defense and they sure played like that against us. This is
without question the best defense MG has had.

OK's defense is not as good as OSU and their offense isn't either.

But here's the rub. OSU always chokes in the clutch the 2011 season was the only time OSU played like they were the better team and they thumped OK that year. The key for me is will play like it this time? If their defense plays on 3rd down the way they've played this season and if Chuba is dominant they should win this time. OSU's ol is better than OK's dl.

So yeah I'm thinking OSU this year.

OSU 31
OK 27

Reactions: westx
I agree that this year is a good year to get a win for OSU. I think they win it. OSU's Spencer has been a little inaccurate, but barely came back from injury when we played them. Also, I have noticed that OSU has not scored a lot of points per game this year. That is a little odd due to the playmakers they have coupled with Gundy's offensive mind. Should be a good game.

Who do y'all have for the KSU at ISU? I think ISU wins. ISU has been a very consistent team this year (not counting their opening season loss)

In this crazy covid19 season all bets are off the table crazy things are happening. Look at who's in the top ten BYU and Cincinnati. And given their schedule they're certain to finish there. Good grief Jerry Falwell U is ranked. Oh and I almost forgot Indiana is in the top 10. In fb. And I forgot that other teams are ranked that normally wouldn't be ranked. That's why I think that AL and tOSU might lose before the season is over. Like I said at the start all bets are off the table in 2020.

I agree that this year is a good year to get a win for OSU. I think they win it. OSU's Spencer has been a little inaccurate, but barely came back from injury when we played them. Also, I have noticed that OSU has not scored a lot of points per game this year. That is a little odd due to the playmakers they have coupled with Gundy's offensive mind. Should be a good game.

Who do y'all have for the KSU at ISU? I think ISU wins. ISU has been a very consistent team this year (not counting their opening season loss)

No question ISU. It was bad enough when Skyler Thompson was injured and out for the season. But the players being sidelined due to covid19 is devastating. I don't see a blowout but I see an ISU victory.

I think this game could go either way. As crazy as it sounds I’m rooting for OU and us to win out so we can have a re match of the RRS. OU’s running game has really gotten a boost with the return of Stevenson. I say 31-30 Sooners.

Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
Our defense is starting to come around, and I think they will make enough plays to allow us to get the win.

Flagship of the Big XII = 31

Little bubba = 24

Reactions: Belldozer1
When I think of this rivalry I say what rivalry? Why do they even give it a nickname?

But there really is a reason OSU can win this year. In the battle of Spencer's OSU's is definitely better. I also give OSU the edge at receiver Tyquan Wallace is better than any of OK's receivers. Running back? Chuba is better than any of OK rb's? I mean you really think Flegler or however he spells his name is better than Chuba?

When we played the cowboys they were ranked #1 in 3rd down defense and they sure played like that against us. This is
without question the best defense MG has had.

OK's defense is not as good as OSU and their offense isn't either.

But here's the rub. OSU always chokes in the clutch the 2011 season was the only time OSU played like they were the better team and they thumped OK that year. The key for me is will play like it this time? If their defense plays on 3rd down the way they've played this season and if Chuba is dominant they should win this time. OSU's ol is better than OK's dl.

So yeah I'm thinking OSU this year.

OSU 31
OK 27
OU’s rb Stevenson is back and is an upgrade over the others. OU will establish a run game and then turn Rattler loose.

laughable.
almost as good as riley trying to postpone the RRR because ou is scared of texas.

Well before you start beating your chest like Tarzan something for you to consider.

Ranking the Big XII from 1 to 10. Since OK played TX they have played #7 #8 and #10. I wouldn't get carried away with OK's numbers.

Last edited:
I'm not here to talk trash. But right now, the team OU is putting on the field is one of the top five or six in the country, maybe higher. Ronnie Perkins has been a difference maker on defense. He is third in the conference in sacks and TFL's despite playing only three games. And Stevenson has been nearly as much a difference maker on offense. A lot of Sooner fans shared the view that an RRR rematch in the CCG would be a good thing.

That isn't possible after Black Friday, but Texas still has a remote chance of playing Iowa State in the CCG. It would take an OU loss and and OSU loss, and then some weirdness in tie-breakers. But if West Virginia beat OU, and OSU lost a game, then the Horns would win the tiebreakers to be 2nd, the way I understand the tiebreaker rules.

But unless COVID steps in, I think OU wins out. We are a considerably better team than the one that took four overtimes to win in Dallas. But I respect UT's ability and I respect Ehlinger. I do think UT fans underestimated Iowa State a little. I don't think the players did. I saw one of those ESPN percentage tables today that said ISU is 99% to make the CCG, and OU is 86%. I do think we're the two best teams in the conference. ISO finds a way, and their three tight ends are hard to deal with. Purdy doesn't look great, until he beats you. Then you wonder how they did it.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I'm not here to talk trash. But right now, the team OU is putting on the field is one of the top five or six in the country, maybe higher. Ronnie Perkins has been a difference maker on defense. He is third in the conference in sacks and TFL's despite playing only three games. And Stevenson has been nearly as much a difference maker on offense. A lot of Sooner fans shared the view that an RRR rematch in the CCG would be a good thing.

That isn't possible after Black Friday, but Texas still has a remote chance of playing Iowa State in the CCG. It would take an OU loss and and OSU loss, and then some weirdness in tie-breakers. But if West Virginia beat OU, and OSU lost a game, then the Horns would win the tiebreakers to be 2nd, the way I understand the tiebreaker rules.

But unless COVID steps in, I think OU wins out. We are a considerably better team than the one that took four overtimes to win in Dallas. But I respect UT's ability and I respect Ehlinger. I do think UT fans underestimated Iowa State a little. I don't think the players did. I saw one of those ESPN percentage tables today that said ISU is 99% to make the CCG, and OU is 86%. I do think we're the two best teams in the conference. ISO finds a way, and their three tight ends are hard to deal with. Purdy doesn't look great, until he beats you. Then you wonder how they did it.
That 99% chance to make the CCG was IF they won yesterday, which they did.

ADVERTISEMENT