ADVERTISEMENT

The sooner we come to terms that Charlie is an average recruiter..

Originally posted by NovoHorn:

Originally posted by Esoteric2112:
Originally posted by texaswill:
Originally posted by Horn #10:
How does the janitor at mesquite poteet know how many Florida guys we're gonna get?
roll.r191677.gif
15 minutes of fame is about to be up.
Thank God. I don't know how people deal with this idiocy all the time. I haven't done anything so far.
FIFY
So Kirkland committed to Texas today and Weathersby is still a commit?

I thought the threads above said otherwise. You might want to alert Ketch.

Originally posted by texaswill:

Originally posted by Horn #10:
How does the janitor at mesquite poteet know how many Florida guys we're gonna get?
roll.r191677.gif
15 minutes of fame is about to be up.
Thank God. I don't know how people deal with this idiocy all the time. I haven't doe anything except be right so far.
Shit last year my wife worked with the mother of a top recruit here in Monroe, LA. He was committed to Alabama when all the rumors around Saban were floating around. During Saban's in home she asked him point blank about them and told my wife what he said because she knows I'm from Texas. I reported the same on the board and got crushed for it. It was a joke.

Yea getting great talent matters, but it also matters how you coach and develop them. Charlie and his staff have made avg players on defense into difference makers in just on year. Given his track record of developing players, I'm not to worried! He gets guys that fit his personality and his system,no matter where he has to go. He doesn't necessarily have to get every kid out of texas to change this program so I don't care where he gets the talent as long as he starts winning, which IMO he will. Have faith, my lord!

Originally posted by McHorn:
Im having trouble understanding whether people are actually this dumb, or if they are trolling.

Zero for 30? If you honestly believe that, you are a complete fool.
It must mean you can't read, or paraphrase the meaning of what zero for 30 means,
cause since our last 2 decommitments this week we don't a single player in the Top

Originally posted by houstonhorn87:

Im having trouble understanding whether people are actually this dumb, or if they are trolling.

Zero for 30? If you honestly believe that, you are a complete fool.
So you think the rankings are BS then?
No I dont. But I 100% guarantee you that Charlie does not have the same top 30 as Ketch, nor will we miss on the entire top 30.

Further, the assertion that we have a UL level class is moronic at best. His BEST class at UL was 29, and there is almost zero chance this class finishes outside the top 20, more likely 15.

Beyond that, his 29-52 ranked classes put far, far, far more talent into the NFL than our supposed top 10 classes from the same time frame.

Do I want a top 5 class. Absolutely. Do I think every top player will mesh with what CS wants to do? Absolutely not. Do I think CS is missing on a lot of guys he wants? Yes. I also think this class finishes with at least 4-5 more 4 star caliber players and that we will have filled some huge holes with very good talent.
WRONG. Then why has he offered almost all of them? They were his first choice but when they said no he moved on to others.

Having been around some recruiting circles lately (parents, coaches, evaluators) I can tell you that Texas and Strong have ZERO momentum in state. Every parent I talk to thinks Strong will be awesome one day, and the black parents love the hire and what he stands for. But they all think it will take years for Strong to get it going and would not send their kid to Strong right now.

They also have doubts about Stumblin but the SEC seems to be trumping all the discussion. The idea of playing in the SEC has all the sexy factor right now.

OP is just another dumbass lister, in which this board has way too much of. He's hung up on the top 30, which many will fail to ever make a dent in college football, let alone play on Sunday.

I hope all your morons find another board to frequent before we start winning championships again. You would probably be on here saying you knew he was a great coach all along, or some other lying BS.

Hook'em
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Their giving him a chance to get in front of them but I hate to say it their just not buying what he's selling right now! It's Texas half your battle is already won you have to close the remainder of the equation!

Originally posted by ball911:
Get a good night's rest. The sun will come up tomorrow.
poor choice of words: mackovic said something similar after Route 66, but i hear you.

These people that come on here and denigrate our staff are just giving ammo to the enemy.

It's not true and it's counterproductive.

Disagree...kids decommiting all the time all around. Nature of the beast and UT has come off of some poor to average seasons. Big hill to climb . And it takes time.

If charle is average, then Chambers is horrid and Koenig is not much better. This staff needs at least one or two ace recruiters yesterday.

Instead of getting on the coach's asses all the time, how about the average Longhorn fan get off of his or her ass and make our venues more exciting at games? We have laughable energy from our fanbase, whether it's football, basketball, or whatever. Yawning ass fans. Let's look at ourselves as fans & see if we can't create a bit more energy to help the cause....hell, it might just impress a recruit or two to actually want to play in that kind of environment. When I watch games (yes, SEC as an example) & then turn over to ours, its like going from "Rock in Rio" to the downtown morgue. Sucks. And don't think for a damn minute that excitement & energy within the college environments/stadiums don't matter to recruits.

Originally posted by El Mahico:
Originally posted by ModelTFord14:
This staff needs to recruit better. Period.
when you get right down to it this is the truth and nothing else needs to be said. As a staff, Texas is not recruiting very well in this state. All you have to do is look at the top ranked kids in Texas. This was supposed to be a year where Strong and company showed something in recruiting in this state and right now the top kids in the state aren't really looking this way. some of that is the record, but there's plenty of data to point to that shows new coaches having sub-par first years and making up for it in recruiting. Right now Texas has a talent problem and we really needed some war daddy's in this class. Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Texas Tech all have more top 30 Texas kids than Texas does. OU even has 4. Aggsy has 7 and will probably have double digits soon.

That's not getting it done.

Disgusting

Insert pic of Lloyd Christmas throwing up in his mouth

Originally posted by El Mahico:
Originally posted by ModelTFord14:
This staff needs to recruit better. Period.
when you get right down to it this is the truth and nothing else needs to be said. As a staff, Texas is not recruiting very well in this state. All you have to do is look at the top ranked kids in Texas. This was supposed to be a year where Strong and company showed something in recruiting in this state and right now the top kids in the state aren't really looking this way. some of that is the record, but there's plenty of data to point to that shows new coaches having sub-par first years and making up for it in recruiting. Right now Texas has a talent problem and we really needed some war daddy's in this class. Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Texas Tech all have more top 30 Texas kids than Texas does. OU even has 4. Aggsy has 7 and will probably have double digits soon.

That's not getting it done.
There is just no overlooking this.....

OP was happy winning February., and nothing else. Personally, I am more interested in winning in the fall.

Originally posted by c'est la vie:
OP is just another dumbass lister, in which this board has way too much of. He's hung up on the top 30, which many will fail to ever make a dent in college football, let alone play on Sunday.

I hope all your morons find another board to frequent before we start winning championships again. You would probably be on here saying you knew he was a great coach all along, or some other lying BS.

Hook'em
I'm curious when you predict that to happen?

No SEC booster could possibly do as convincing a job of turning kids away from UT as the OPs on this board are doing presently.

What are you guys thinking about ? Where is your judgment and discretion ? Are you really Texas fans ?

Originally posted by AlpacaCorch:

Originally posted by belowaverage:

Give it a rest. He inherited a pile of dung.

Crap like your post just makes it harder for him to turn it around.

Why do people post this kind of crap?
Butch Jones inherited a situation as bad as Charlie and is kicking ass on the recruiting trail, with the sane record as Texas too, 6-6. At this point it's excuse making. I don't expect a top 5 or even top 10, but we are in the 20's and falling. ZERO in the top 30 in Texas. He's not getting it done, plain and simple.
The reason I called Butch Jones to Tennessee one of closest things to a splash hire we've seen lately is because the man is a proven kick-ass recruiter - and a good coach to boot. If he stays at Miami last decade, they go back-to-back in 2001-2002 and are right back in it by 2004. Predictably, he's already doing work for the Vols.

As soon as I saw Charlie's completed staff, I knew we'd be seeing plenty of days like today. That we have no clear ace recruiters, particularly in-state, is a flashing-red warning sign of where this program is likely headed over the next few years. Charlie needs a quality OC and some serious closers - and he needs them fast.

This post was edited on 12/15 9:03 PM by SkullSplitter

Originally posted by benflr:
OP was happy winning February., and nothing else. Personally, I am more interested in winning in the fall.
Saban & Jimbo laughed.

This was my top concern when Strong emerged as the favorite for the job. He is not, has not, and never will be a rock star recruiter. People point to Florida, but those kids were committing to Urban Meyer's program, not Charlie Strong. Strong will need to lead with results to recruit elite players, and even then it won't ever be a Nick Saban type of situation where we are falling over backward into five-star talents.

As the OP states, we need to just accept that this is the model for Texas under Charlie Strong. Our bread will be buttered with three-star players and a sprinkling of four-star guys as cherries on top.

Originally posted by 94Sip:
Having been around some recruiting circles lately (parents, coaches, evaluators) I can tell you that Texas and Strong have ZERO momentum in state.  Every parent I talk to thinks Strong will be awesome one day, and the black parents love the hire and what he stands for.  But they all think it will take years for Strong to get it going and would not send their kid to Strong right now.

They also have doubts about Stumblin but the SEC seems to be trumping all the discussion.  The idea of playing in the SEC has all the sexy factor right now.

This seems correct. Gutless parents btw.

The OP is a dumbass. Look at the garbage of recruits he receuited at UL and turned into nfl players

Op should be put on a 7 day ban for such a stupid post

Originally posted by belowaverage:

Give it a rest. He inherited a pile of dung.

Crap like your post just makes it harder for him to turn it around.

Why do people post this kind of crap?
Time to pull your head out of the sand and take a look around. Have you ever seen this many decommits in a single season? Ever? We have some serious problems here and some changes need to be made. Coming up with rationalizations and excuseses are only going to prolong them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT