ADVERTISEMENT

The sooner we come to terms that Charlie is an average recruiter..

What the last year has taught me is that Coach Strong is a marathon recruiter, not a sprint recruiter. He builds and fosters relationships, not just with the recruit, but with those who are in the recruit's inner orbit. It takes a while for this type of recruiting to pay dividends. But, good Lord, it paid in spades today. No reason to doubt Coach Strong now.

Originally posted by cgarcia89:
CS and your response please...
I'm glad to get a guy who is considered a great prospect, though I've long abandoned living and dying with every recruit like I did 10 years ago. We'll be fine on defense with Strong, and that would be true with or without Jefferson. I also note that Jefferson brings Texas' average star rating up to 27th in the nation, which is still quite a ways below where we need to be.

Originally posted by CS:

I'm glad to get a guy who is considered a great prospect, though I've long abandoned living and dying with every recruit like I did 10 years ago. We'll be fine on defense with Strong, and that would be true with or without Jefferson. I also note that Jefferson brings Texas' average star rating up to 27th in the nation, which is still quite a ways below where we need to be.
Brother, you can find the sh@t brown lining in anything.

This post was edited on 12/19 5:05 PM by Texus

Originally posted by CS:

When you smell a rose, does it smell like a rose to you, or does it smell like slightly less dog-crap-smelling dog crap?

images

Originally posted by nojo76:
Ok guys. Calm down. Lets not act like we are suddenly back on top again (of recruiting as a whole). We have just entered what will be a really good stretch. That does not change the recruiting prowess of Charlie or anyone else on this staff. Charlie is a solid recruiter.

Chris Vaughn is a solid recruiter. I do not think of anyone else on this staff as an above average recruiter. Bruce Chambers is obviously very bad. Koenning is not good enough either. No one else is worth writing home about, but they at least develop the guys at their positions pretty well. We still need to get good recruiters as TE and WR coaches. In-state recruiting is till not where it needs to be, but it would get a huge shot in the arm by getting a Wyatt or a Brewster or even Derek Lewis.

Originally posted by CS:

You have to be shitting me. THIS is your reaction to today's developments?

Wow.

Originally posted by CS:

This was groundbreaking. Celebrate in the wins. If you don't, you lose credibility complaining about the losses. But we already knew about you.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Ok guys. Calm down. Lets not act like we are suddenly back on top again (of recruiting as a whole). We have just entered what will be a really good stretch. That does not change the recruiting prowess of Charlie or anyone else on this staff. Charlie is a solid recruiter.

Chris Vaughn is a solid recruiter. I do not think of anyone else on this staff as an above average recruiter. Bruce Chambers is obviously very bad. Koenning is not good enough either. No one else is worth writing home about, but they at least develop the guys at their positions pretty well. We still need to get good recruiters as TE and WR coaches. In-state recruiting is till not where it needs to be, but it would get a huge shot in the arm by getting a Wyatt or a Brewster or even Derek Lewis.
You are quickly gaining ground on the following posters as one of the top idiots on this board:

314horns, houstonhorn87, Patrick Bateman, shaunsters, jstreet1514 and several others I'm too tired to remember.

Congrats. This is an esteemed group of morons to join.

One last point: bump this.

Wow, I can't believe I'm not on that list after the posts my cohorts type sometimes haha!

Coach Strong recruits with his personality, physicality, toughness, and ability to relate to the players. Sumlin recruits with a swagcopter and overlooks character in his choices. Kids who want to be great will pick Strong most times.

Originally posted by CPHornfan:
images

How do you know "koenning" is not good enough? Seriously? Do you know his region? Do you know if the coaches have regions?: Do you know his track record in recruiting? Do you have any source other than comments made on this message board?

Originally posted by Hornius Emeritus:
The thing is, when haters are right, they say "see? I told you so!" When they are wrong, they say "I was never so happy to be wrong and will GLADLY eat my crow."

So the haters "win" either way.
You are a wise man.

Originally posted by CS:

Holy shit CS, you are such an unbearable asshole. For 10 years I have read your non-stop negativity and i can honestly say that you are the most miserable jerk that has EVER posted on OB. Take a fvcking break from this board; maybe come back when we have something bad to talk about so you can spew your inane BS and gloat. For now please just STFU!

If you'll give me a street address or a P. O. box I can have some Xanax sent to you immediately.
AlpacaCorch and CS, call a loved one before you retire for the night. You guys both need a big hug.
smile.r191677.gif

Anybody that's been paying attention knows that ALL his former players swear Coach Strong is not only a great recruiter but a great man that they'd run through a brick wall for.

party0003.r191677.gif

So tired of these posters who jump to conclusions and get so bent out of shape without even giving Charlie a chance. Give it a rest, OP. You only show yourself to be a misinformed whiner.

Originally posted by Hornius Emeritus:
I dunno. I say we give him a chance to sign his first recruiting class before we deem him an average recruiter.
That is one outstanding photo!

Originally posted by jmrtexcol:
Originally posted by CS:

Holy shit CS, you are such an unbearable asshole. For 10 years I have read your non-stop negativity and i can honestly say that you are the most miserable jerk that has EVER posted on OB. Take a fvcking break from this board; maybe come back when we have something bad to talk about so you can spew your inane BS and gloat.
CS's attitude reminds me of an interview I saw with Bill Parcells where he talked about leaving coaching for good because the losses were SO crushing for him that they impacted him for days afterwards and any good feelings from the wins evaporated so quickly that he just wasn't enjoying it anymore

Not the dumbest statements I have heard but they are certainly in the top five. Do us a favor and take your crap comments elsewhere, must be an aggie troll!!

ADVERTISEMENT