ADVERTISEMENT

The sooner we come to terms that Charlie is an average recruiter..

All of the gloaters in this thread crack me up. The op jumped the gun and deserved to be called out. But some of you had charlie 10-2 for this year in the prediction thread preseason. Now that we're 6-6, how would you like to be called out and called an idiot?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Wow. Those first three pages were a bash party by several posters. A couple have changed their tune but there are a couple who are going to be sad in how we finish this class(because Charlie will do too well). I guess we will put the 0 for 30 thing to rest, as well as the three star only stupidity.

This post was edited on 12/23 5:17 PM by BOLIO

We've got momentum in recruiting now and things are turning around. Sounds like a bunch of trolling to me.

Just love how the narrative has changed in the last week.

Bump as this thread seems silly now that we picked up three last week and have a great litigious of 3-4 more in the next two weeks.

It seems like this thread has now turned into memorializing our local morons in carbonite ala Han Solo.

Negative Nancys, Chicken Littles, and all around miserable SOBS - I salute you.

Now give it a rest for the next 8 months or so.

Originally posted by 314horn:
All of the gloaters in this thread crack me up. The op jumped the gun and deserved to be called out. But some of you had charlie 10-2 for this year in the prediction thread preseason. Now that we're 6-6, how would you like to be called out and called an idiot?
You've posted this twice in this thread already...do u care that much to point this out?

I want a great coach, game manager and recruiter. I place very little value on how impressive he is behind a lectern. The only public speaking skills he needs are with his players and in recruits' living rooms. If he wins, the BMDs won't care about the schmoozing part.

You used to be an enjoyable poster. Most people on this site are what you call FANS. It's fun to root for your team, love your coach and in this case give him enough of a sample size at your school before making declarative statements about him (especially in the negative since part of being a fan is looking for reasons to be optimistic).

Mack's sample size was too huge to ignore after the last 5 years plus recruiting trends and assistant coaching carousel. The problem here is basically obvious. Obnoxious know-it-all posters who just don't let up make this board, a significant entertainment outlet for most of us, miserable for the vast majority of us.

So when these sophomoric nearly brain-dead people make fools of themselves in real-time, it makes the rest of us feel REALLY good to rub their noses in the vomit they pour on us daily. If these guys were around me in real life, I would cut them out of my life. I can't do that here, so I relish in beating the dead horse of their impatient idiocy.

Not quite certain how you don't understand that as I've always considered you a smart guy. I've just begun to notice over the last couple of years that you don't really seem to enjoy TX football much anymore.

Originally posted by jmrtexcol:

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by cgarcia89:
CS and your response please...
I'm glad to get a guy who is considered a great prospect, though I've long abandoned living and dying with every recruit like I did 10 years ago. We'll be fine on defense with Strong, and that would be true with or without Jefferson. I also note that Jefferson brings Texas' average star rating up to 27th in the nation, which is still quite a ways below where we need to be.
Holy shit CS, you are such an unbearable asshole. For 10 years I have read your non-stop negativity and i can honestly say that you are the most miserable jerk that has EVER posted on OB. Take a fvcking break from this board; maybe come back when we have something bad to talk about so you can spew your inane BS and gloat. For now please just STFU!
Wow....the hate here is beyond crazy.

Originally posted by scary jarbro:

The problem here is basically obvious. Obnoxious know-it-all posters who just don't let up make this board, a significant entertainment outlet for most of us, miserable for the vast majority of us.

So when these sophomoric nearly brain-dead people make fools of themselves in real-time, it makes the rest of us feel REALLY good to rub their noses in the vomit they pour on us daily. If these guys were around me in real life, I would cut them out of my life. I can't do that here, so I relish in beating the dead horse of their impatient idiocy.

That was just beautifully stated, man.

That's exactly it for me, too. I've read so much of 314Horn's and Qwanseeker's anti-Charlie Strong bullshit, that I have to laugh in their face when it turns out that ---- just as Chris Leak said ----- Charlie is an excellent recruiter.

Shield check...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by scary jarbro:

You used to be an enjoyable poster. Most people on this site are what you call FANS. It's fun to root for your team, love your coach and in this case give him enough of a sample size at your school before making declarative statements about him (especially in the negative since part of being a fan is looking for reasons to be optimistic).

Mack's sample size was too huge to ignore after the last 5 years plus recruiting trends and assistant coaching carousel. The problem here is basically obvious. Obnoxious know-it-all posters who just don't let up make this board, a significant entertainment outlet for most of us, miserable for the vast majority of us.

Not quite certain how you don't understand that as I've always considered you a smart guy. I've just begun to notice over the last couple of years that you don't really seem to enjoy TX football much anymore.

Perfectly said.

This thread has finally proven, scientifically, my long held belief...That the reverse jinx only effectively works when the OP truly believes the stupidity they spew to be fact, allowing for the rational fans to tauntingly and over-dramatically agree. Thanks for taking one for the team OP, please post your thoughts about the upcoming 2015 season when you get a moment.

from C'est La Vie

"Who are the idiots that are keeping this thread going? :)

Merry Christmas all you Horndogs!

Hook'em
Posted from Rivals Mobile"

I think you and I may be two of 'em C'est...however, let's kill this one. Alpaca showed his ass, he knows it and I'm tired of seeing this thread on the most recent posts. MODS, a little help here????

This post was edited on 12/24 12:41 AM by hornament

Stopped posting on this thread on page one after trying to calm the raging flames from the local blowhards. Love revisiting it now for the first time since.

Bump after Boyd announces? I think it's funny someone said we'd be lucky to get 1-2 Florida fuys and now there is talk that we might not have enough spots for schollys

Hook 'em

I realize this is not the best place for this, but when I read things like this from current players it makes it really difficult to understand how people just can't see it.

Realize fellas, this isn't some disconnected a-hole we have as a coach. This is guy who is pulling top talent out of Florida. Just you johnny-come-lately's wait and see.

"I wish some of us would have stepped up and said something to those
nine (dismissed) guys who aren't here," he concluded. "Those guys could
have made a difference on our team. A lot of those guys were big
contributors on special teams and had played a lot. A lot of those guys
were seniors. I wish some of us would have spoken up and said something
to those guys before we let any of this get out of hand and at the point
where we are today."

This is a quote from Sedrick Flowers. He was a near 5 star recruit back in his day. Charlie's message, consistency and delivery resonate; now, 5 years ago and 5 years from now.. He has his first 5 star player in the fold. This was not luck.

Originally posted by hornament:
from C'est La Vie

"Who are the idiots that are keeping this thread going? :)

Merry Christmas all you Horndogs!

Hook'em
Posted from Rivals Mobile"

I think you and I may be two of 'em C'est...however, let's kill this one. Alpaca showed his ass, he knows it and I'm tired of seeing this thread on the most recent posts. MODS, a little help here????

This post was edited on 12/24 12:41 AM by hornament
The posters who showed their ass have now moved on to basketball and are bashing the players and coaches in that sport. I'm good with calling out the trolls and negative posters until they leave or get some new takes.

Meanwhile it looks like a great end to football recruiting. Next year will be even better.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Originally posted by Hornius Emeritus
The problem here is basically obvious. Obnoxious know-it-all posters who just don't let up make this board, a significant entertainment outlet for most of us, miserable for the vast majority of us.

So when these sophomoric nearly brain-dead people make fools of themselves in real-time, it makes the rest of us feel REALLY good to rub their noses in the vomit they pour on us daily. If these guys were around me in real life, I would cut them out of my life. I can't do that here, so I relish in beating the dead horse of their impatient
This is the crux of the problem. Too many who do not understand even the simp,est aspects of the game, much less the entire process of running a high profile football program. The criticize, obsess, and analyze every small thing and making sweeping statements on the flimsiest of data.
Now I do not know everything that goes into running a program of this magnitude. But I am smart enough to shut up and learn. Most on this board are not.

The bashing here is ridiculous. A lot of posters and fans were worried about our recruiting. The high and mighty people are as bad as the ones they've called out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT