ADVERTISEMENT

This week's non TX games

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
I'm truly touched that posters liked it that I do this. To be honest I don't know why I'm terrible at picking winners. It wouldn't surprise me if people came on here and saw who I picked bet on the other team and cleaned up. Last week I posted my brother on 6 games. I got TX, WA, tOSU,and Baylor right. But MN is not ready for the big stage and yesterday it showed. They have a good coach and they have a chance to get better but not this year. And I let my emotions get the better of me on Bedlam. But there are 3 things that outhereincali can't do.

1. File my income taxes. Thank goodness I have a smart wife or someone smart enough to do it.

2. Speak Finnish

3. Picking fb games

Ok on to Friday that's right Friday because you have

OR/Utah first of all I can't call them UT beat because there is only one UT. Nothing personal. You know if OR had beaten AZS last week this game would have been a showdown against OK/Baylor winner for the last spot. I don't know if you guys were watching but Utah is the best Pac XII team in 3 years they've got one of the best defenses in the country. But they will only beat a 2 loss team that isn't ranked as high as OK/Baylor. Imo Justin Herbert is overrated. Utah will win and go to the Rose Bowl for the 1st time and that's a helluva consolation prize.

OK/ Baylor to be honest I would lmao if someone like Baylor made the playoffs the ultimate in your face to Gameday. And it would be nice if the bad guys lost for once. But I can't let my emotions get the better of me. OK will win and go to the playoffs again sigh. But Baylor is guaranteed the SB even if they lose and the good Lord willing they won't have to play AL.

LSU/GA lets face it the SEC title game will be the best matchup on Saturday I know bummer. But if you're the OK/Baylor winner you better hope LSU wins otherwise there will be 2 SEC teams in the playoffs again. I think Joe Darrow will put the finishing touches on winning the Heisman .

VA/Clemson I mean does it even matter? VA isn't even ranked. This is the worst conference title matchup ever even worse than last year's Pac XII title game. Clemson can name the score if they want to.

WI/tOSU the last matchup of the day. tOSU has turned into a monster. None of their games have been close. The PS score was misleading. They beat WI earlier in the year by 31 and they'll do it again on Saturday.

So there you have it my playoff teams

1. tOSU
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

Last edited:
Are you too young to remember Texas vs Colorado in 2005? That mismatch makes the ACC CCG a pick em by comparison.

I believe Texas won 70-3.

Riley going to have the Baptists praying to be raptured from purgatory about 11:30 A.M. this coming Saturday

I'm not Baptist, but pretty sure they don't advocate anything related to purgatory. Of course I'm not sure how Baptist Baylor is. I do admire the job their HC has done.

I'm honestly expecting a very close game this Saturday. Baylor's defense is solid. But this isn't the place to discuss that. I try to be respectful here of the burnt orange borders.

As for Saturday, I so expected an OU-Texas rematch, that I bought my tickets a week after the RRR, and paid ridiculous ticket fees to Jerrah's ticket hub. Now since the Horns won't be there, there will likely be at least 20K empty seats. And tix outside on Saturday will likely be going for half of what I paid. Maybe less.

It should be good to not be outnumbered 70-30 like last year. But I liked being at a sold out, noisy stadium. It's going to be a lot different this weekend.

I'm not Baptist, but pretty sure they don't advocate anything related to purgatory. Of course I'm not sure how Baptist Baylor is. I do admire the job their HC has done.

I'm honestly expecting a very close game this Saturday. Baylor's defense is solid. But this isn't the place to discuss that. I try to be respectful here of the burnt orange borders.

As for Saturday, I so expected an OU-Texas rematch, that I bought my tickets a week after the RRR, and paid ridiculous ticket fees to Jerrah's ticket hub. Now since the Horns won't be there, there will likely be at least 20K empty seats. And tix outside on Saturday will likely be going for half of what I paid. Maybe less.

It should be good to not be outnumbered 70-30 like last year. But I liked being at a sold out, noisy stadium. It's going to be a lot different this weekend.

From what you're telling us it sounds like instead of being outnumbered 70/30 last year it sounds like OK will outnumber Baylor 70/30. I'm with you I can't see Baylor selling out their allotment of tickets either. But the thing that has changed at Baylor the last 10 years is the incredible support they get from their student body. That freshman yellow shirt thing. I mean I couldn't believe all those kids running on the field before the OK game. I read somewhere that 70% of their student body was at the OK game. Given the proximity from Baylor to Dallas OK fans should expect to see more of the same on Saturday. But OK will still win.

It's easier to fill their stadium. It only seats 45K. Even smaller than the old place. And students don't get much in a discount for the CCG if any. And they don't sell out all their home games, despite the low capacity in a beautiful stadium.

They rely on UT and OU fans to fill it on game weekends, even though this year, they were obviously pretty good. You'd think that a team playing in their first every CCG would show up in big numbers. But they used to play the Tech game at Jerrah World. So that's not big deal. Still, they won't have 30K in attendance. There are tickets all over the place available, including the best seats at discounted prices at the original ticket broker, Seat Geek. I could have gotten in for half of what I paid, but I wasn't willing to risk it. Who knew Baylor would be there?

It's easier to fill their stadium. It only seats 45K. Even smaller than the old place. And students don't get much in a discount for the CCG if any. And they don't sell out all their home games, despite the low capacity in a beautiful stadium.

They rely on UT and OU fans to fill it on game weekends, even though this year, they were obviously pretty good. You'd think that a team playing in their first every CCG would show up in big numbers. But they used to play the Tech game at Jerrah World. So that's not big deal. Still, they won't have 30K in attendance. There are tickets all over the place available, including the best seats at discounted prices at the original ticket broker, Seat Geek. I could have gotten in for half of what I paid, but I wasn't willing to risk it. Who knew Baylor would be there?

lol lol heck I don't think Baylor thought Baylor would be there.

Reactions: Plainosooner
I hope Baylor wins this game but If Oklahoma gets in the CFP as the number 4 seed, they have to play Ohio State. The last time OU had to play a number 1 seed, Alabama they were down 28-0 before Alabama took their foot off the gas. Ohio State will beat the living crap out of OU. I know LSU is good but I believe as good as they are, they are the second best team in the country.

Reactions: LonghornMM
This thread warms my heart. Baylor fans won’t show up. Baylor just glad to be here. Bell blaspheming. Keep overlooking us on your way to the Alamo Bowl - BU 41, OU 17. FYI - for those who think the Baylor side will be empty -

https://www.kxxv.com/sports/baylor-...s-sell-out-twice-for-big-12-championship-game
Diadevic this article kinds of validates my ‘new money’ comment. Baylor fans are beside themselves, like kids in a candy store, all giddy. For OU fans it’s old hat, heck even the OU players are kind of nonchalant about being there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Riley instruct Hurts to put the ball on the ground a couple of times early just to give the fans their money’s worth. That’s how millennial coaches work these days, you know.

Diadevic this article kinds of validates my ‘new money’ comment. Baylor fans are beside themselves, like kids in a candy store, all giddy. For OU fans it’s old hat, heck even the OU players are kind of nonchalant about being there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Riley instruct Hurts to put the ball on the ground a couple of times early just to give the fans their money’s worth. That’s how millennial coaches work these days, you know.
You're playing right into our hands Bell! OU overlooked Boise, Miami wore their fatigues and overlooked Penn St., heck even UT overlooked Colorado in the Chris Simms Big 12 Championship debacle. Little old "new money" Baylor is going to show up. With its fans. And this time we'll play 60 minutes. Hurts is going to put the ball on the ground all right -- but it ain't going to be because he's giving the fans their money's worth. My prediction for Saturday? To quote Clubber Lang - PAIN!

I'd suspect that the thrashing the Bears gave Texas, will keep OU from overlooking them. They may beat us because they are very good. But it won't be because we overlook them.

You're playing right into our hands Bell! OU overlooked Boise, Miami wore their fatigues and overlooked Penn St., heck even UT overlooked Colorado in the Chris Simms Big 12 Championship debacle. Little old "new money" Baylor is going to show up. With its fans. And this time we'll play 60 minutes. Hurts is going to put the ball on the ground all right -- but it ain't going to be because he's giving the fans their money's worth. My prediction for Saturday? To quote Clubber Lang - PAIN!
We also MAY even let CeeDee play this time around. Think he might make a dB or 2 of yours look silly? I’m predicting copious amounts of intercessory prayer from Baylor fans this week.

Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT