ADVERTISEMENT

Thompson or Rising

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
I went and watched the Spring game again. Start at 1:23:00. What I observed....

1. Rising is the bigger guy.
2. Thompson has the better arm, better spiral, and much better legs.

In the world of college football, I think we know that improv is the name of the game. It's not so easy to make the reads early so the ability to run and stretch the defense with the big arm is important for the run game. Watch it....

I like both, but favor Thompson just a little bit more for two reasons. He's a better runner and better fit, and he's a Sooner legacy and I want Sooner fans to eat a big shit sammich watching him play for Texas. Yeah the second reason is a bit petty but I don't care.

Right now, I don't care give me either one. Tired of the same old shit. Hell put both of'em out there in shotgun and make defenses guess which one is taking the snap idgaf.

EDIT: All this only if Sam is not 100% and not limited in the running game.

I don’t think Buchele can get the job done if he has to make multiple starts. I like Thompson because of his ability to run. They both look to have pretty strong arms but the accuracy is the question. I seen both guys going through their progressions pretty well where as it seems with Shane he goes with his first read almost always.

I have no idea how anyone could come to the conclusion Thompson has a better arm in any form or fashion than Rising. It's not even close.

Last edited:
I think Shane will come along, give the Lad a chance...he had a Garrett Gilbert moment yesterday, what did you expect?, only Shane won and Garrett didn't, everyone deserves a chance

Hook'em

Reactions: okiehorn
ADVERTISEMENT