ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts about the dawgs

I was going to touch on that earlier and got sidetracked. The back end of the 05 D was arguably one of, if not the best groups ever. Then add in Okam and Wright at DT sandwiched by Orakpo and Robison on the ends. That’s a whole lot of bad intentions coming at Burrows all night long.
Yup-- there were 10 players on offense and 12 on defense that went on to play in the NFL.

USC had 16 on the roster on defense and 13 on offense that went to the NFL.

USC and Texas both smoke 2019 LSU's ass like a mother fvckin pack of Kools.

How Many top 10 teams did Texas beat that year? If LSU had played KU,KSU And ISU they would have scored 60 points per game. And we made the champion of the pussy 12 their bitch in the playoffs

what did I say that was incorrect? compare the schedule each team played and objectively tell me who played a harder schedule.
05 Texas barely even played 3 quarters most of that season. VY was sitting down midway through the 3rd in most games. That’s how dominant they were. You are woefully out of your depth on this topic.

2001 Miami would have beat that LSU team by 21. Ed Reed and Sean Taylor at safety. Then Phillip Buchanan and Mike Rumph out at CB. They were all first round picks and Ed Reed is arguably the greatest FS of all time. They had 17 1st round draft picks.
That's the only secondary you can compare to the 05 texas DBs.

If Sean Taylor isn't murdered, he's a HOF guy like Ed Reed. Buchanan was good-- not great- and Rumph has a 5 year (meh) career. Reed and Taylor were fvcking junk yard dogs.

How Many top 10 teams did Texas beat that year? If LSU had played KU,KSU And ISU they would have scored 60 points per game. And we made the champion of the pussy 12 their bitch in the playoffs
Sh!t britches-- I've hit you with stats-- not nut hugging feelings. Deal with it.

What does that even mean? You hog fans seriously need to let go of the old SWC conference hate. Texas doesn’t care about you. Neither does anyone else.

Yeah...'05 Texas had 2 close calls. One was at #4 Ohio State, who finished #4 at 10-2. The other was the National Title game against a team with 2 Heisman winners and the defending natty champs.
Yep.........Vince doing Vince shit

Reactions: weevilcatch
And just like that, you’ve dismantled your own argument. Neither Kansas State nor Iowa State was part of the B12 in 05. Those games would have been Missouri and Aggy. You know, 2 of those power house SEC teams.

Sorry. “Part of the B12 schedule for Texas in 05” was what that should have said.

Last edited:
Reactions: freeper
That's the only secondary you can compare to the 05 texas DBs.

If Sean Taylor isn't murdered, he's a HOF guy like Ed Reed. Buchanan was good-- not great- and Rumph has a 5 year (meh) career. Reed and Taylor were fvcking junk yard dogs.
Sean Taylor was one of the best defensive players I have seen from the last 25 years. That dude would come down and lay the wood with some bad mfing intentions! It's a shame he got killed at such a young age. He had 10 interceptions in his 2003 season at Miami. That's unheard of.

Buchanan and Rumph were both first round picks and really good players in college. I still think that's the best secondary outside of our 05 secondary of all time.

Sean Taylor was one of the best defensive players I have seen from the last 25 years. That dude would come down and lay the wood with some bad mfing intentions! It's a shame he got killed at such a young age. He had 10 interceptions in his 2003 season at Miami. That's unheard of.

Buchanan and Rumph were both first round picks and really good players in college. I still think that's the best secondary outside of our 05 secondary of all time.

Leinart literally played a perfect 2nd half and it still wasn't enough. I think the only incompletion he had was that last pass of the game. He was like 17/19 for 230 and a TD.

Reactions: Hoookem722
The talent level on the field that game was crazy. SC was trying to win their 3rd NC in a row. There’s a reason they still show that game on ESPN Classic. Literally a clash between 2 of the best teams ever. Teams that good don’t meet on the field very often because you rarely see 2 teams that loaded in the same year.

Reactions: weevilcatch
The talent level on the field that game was crazy. SC was trying to win their 3rd NC in a row. There’s a reason they still show that game on ESPN Classic. Literally a clash between 2 of the best teams ever. Teams that good don’t meet on the field very often because you rarely see 2 teams that loaded in the same year.
Both teams had a combined 53 game win streak coming into that game.

No chance, LSU averaged 48.4 against a schedule with 7 top ten teams. Texas averaged 50.2 against a glorified high schedule.
7 top 10 teams....I counted 5. You neglected to mention the other powerhouses y'all played that year...Ga Southern...NW State..Vanderbilt..Utah State..not to mention aggy.

I admit, my source might be suspect....I used the LSU Tiger football site.

• Haha
I think most sports fans are partial to the teams that they grew up watching, players of their generation.

I grew up on the '69 and the '70 horns. Maybe that's why I rank them higher than some teams that might have better.

Also SC in '72 and OK in '74 are high up on my list. I still think that OK team was the best team we ever played.

Although they lost I thought the '86 Miami team was the best team of the 80's.

The Nebraska team in '95 was the best team of the 90's.

And I agree with others on this thread that the '01 canes and the '05 horns were the best teams of that decade.

It's a tough call for the teens.

And the 20's are not over

My .02 worth
Sorry if I'm long winded.

I think most sports fans are partial to the teams that they grew up watching, players of their generation.

I grew up on the '69 and the '70 horns. Maybe that's why I rank them higher than some teams that might have better.

Also SC in '72 and OK in '74 are high up on my list. I still think that OK team was the best team we ever played.

Although they lost I thought the '86 Miami team was the best team of the 80's.

The Nebraska team in '95 was the best team of the 90's.

And I agree with others on this thread that the '01 canes and the '05 horns were the best teams of that decade.

It's a tough call for the teens.

And the 20's are not over

My .02 worth
Sorry if I'm long winded.

Only way to do a “best team debate” is to try and stay in decades and go from there.

88 Notre Dame had a gauntlet of a schedule. Best team of 80s for me. But about 86/87 is when I knew what the hell was going on.

90s for me was easily 95 Nebraska. 99 Florida State was no joke.

01 Miami. 04 USC. 05 Texas

Teens I’m not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT