Thoughts from an age old poster.....

The Giant Baba

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
I do not do this super often but just adding a few thoughts. As usual may not be universal but heck I am old....

I went into this game thinking we needed a pedestrian performance from Arch to win going away and the rest of the team would lift him. I was dead ass wrong. This had all the feelings of a game where everything could go wrong, and did for awhile despite the talent gap. That said it was the young QB who ended up being the difference.

I worried about the inside of our O-line against top flight DTs, especially Hutson. I felt better after Michigan. That said, with Arch holding the ball a lot more than Quinn, and our desire to run when we need to, yesterday got me nervous. Hutson was abused a bunch yesterday, and that was not the best DL we will face by a longshot. Hopefully we can correct.

Tre Wisner could be my favorite player when it comes to just grit and maximizing what he brings to the table.

Blue cannot be thrilled with his season thus far(very surprising) he seems to have lost a gear he had last year and clearly you expect a Junior to hold on to the ball. Fumblers bring the heat once they get that label. Buckle up. He needs a breakout vs OU, but it feels like he is banged up. Burst not the same.

Hopefully just a bad day for Helm, but points to a reality. Other WRs as well blocking. We are no longer in the B12, liberal holding by WRs is not going to fly with these SEC officials. Technique was pretty glaring multiple times. Better adapt.

SEC backs do not just go down when you hit them. That seems to be a universal difference. Tackling has to improve.

Thank God Gbenda came back. Making himself some money with this tape. This will not be popular, and he will be great, and I should always wait for the deep dig, but Ant Hill was actually pretty quiet overall.

If the Miss St WRs could catch a little better on deep balls, we would have been in a dogfight until the end.

Then again, J. Cook makes that (easy) grab it changes the game earlier than it did. It also makes Arch's numbers even more sick. That was a strike.

Bert Auburn has gone from money to a mixed bag. really would like to see him get hot again.

Hindsight 20/20 and that was pure Sark, but I go up two scores. Almost felt like that off the upright for a 3 was telling us something. No clue what that play call was as well.

We should not hold on to number one after this week. (remote chance with that Bama-GA second half) That comeback by GA, heck they lead with 2 mins to go, actually could help us long term if we handle our business in Austin. It will be interesting to see if Milroe can stay consistent for the whole season. Their OL is healthier which makes them tougher. He was out of his mind in the first half, back to normal in the second.

Watching Arky and Aggie felt like I was watching almost the same teams. We should handle both with just better and consistent QB play. Those kids are exciting, but all over the place.

We better beat OU, we have a decent amount of film on the young QB now, I am sure they will throw wrinkles but we should handle that team. Their OL is a mess.

In the end, felt like one of those games you have to shake off. All seasons have them. We have far better teams coming up, and need to focus. One thing was evident, we have some stallions in that WR core and we should be able to score with anyone.

Michigan is fools gold. They will lose other games. They just cannot throw the ball. They will drop a game or two. They were lucky yesterday against a very pedestrian team and that was I believe their 5th home game.

Last edited:

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.