ADVERTISEMENT

Time to exit the Big 12

This is not the reason to. We lost because of penalties and the offense not taking advantage of an opportunity to put the game away in the first half. And missing out on chances in the fourth quarter

Read the article and the comments. It's clear that the Big 12 officiating crew had the fix in. We should reject any association with such filth.

Reactions: ArchDawg
The reason to leave is the utter mismatch intellectually and the quality of education provided.

Well ya, that's the elephant in the room but when the inbred thugs are running the officiating crews, it's time to leave.

It's now up to CDC to drop the hammer and demand that the house be cleaned... Meaning everyone that has anything to do with the officiating be fired or we go elsewhere. The corruption is fully on display.

Reactions: dcervantesjr
Read the article and the comments. It's clear that the Big 12 officiating crew had the fix in. We should reject any association with such filth.
The big complaint was about the kickoff return. Your objection overlooks the fact that Big XII crews have called opponents of Texas for the most ticky tack unsportsmanlike conduct penalties multiple times in crucial games, including the one that set up yesterday's punt return.

I've seen a ball spiked maybe 200 times this season in games across the country, and never seen it called for USL. And I've never seen another team penalized for something like a Horns down. WVU got called for that twice in momentum swinging times in that game. On the road, the Mountaineers overcame it.

I don't venture over here often, and when I do, I try to behave myself with intentional courtesy. It's your site. But four teams have left the conference and their view that Texas gets more than their fair share of calls from game officials was not a small part of those administrative decisions.

I'm not arguing that those were wise decisions, or that their perception was correct. But I have lived in Collin County for more than a half century and have many Orangeblood friends, and with one issue exception, we can talk about things with disagreement, but hearing what each other have to say. I offer this view in that spirit.

I don't think any other conference would take a Texas program that includes LHN. So UT choices would be to stay in the XII, or be an independent. Maybe the SEC Network could merge the two since ESPN is both.

UT would lose money in that process most likely. And I doubt the university would opt for that.

We lost because we were undisciplined and OU had an elite QB. Team just needs to continue to improve and Herman needs to continue dominating in recruiting.
I think the worm might turn next year. We have had elite quarterbacking for at least three years, and an argument can be made for four. But 98% chance that goes away next year. I don't know if Ehlinger will ever quite be elite, but he'll be a quality college quarterback with experience for the next two seasons, and he's a load to defend. I've felt like the last six years, that OU has been better, but is only 4-3. I believe Texas will likely be better next year.

Reactions: westx
I think the worm might turn next year. We have had elite quarterbacking for at least three years, and an argument can be made for four. But 98% chance that goes away next year. I don't know if Ehlinger will ever quite be elite, but he'll be a quality college quarterback with experience for the next two seasons, and he's a load to defend. I've felt like the last six years, that OU has been better, but is only 4-3. I believe Texas will likely be better next year.

I agree to some extent. However, IMO, Ehlinger will not take the next step until he can complete passes to routes other than backs out the backfield and passes down the field to a 6'4" and 6'6" WR. If he is able to pass consistently to wr's running more diverse routs he would become very difficult to defend.

I agree to some extent. However, IMO, Ehlinger will not take the next step until he can complete passes to routes other than backs out the backfield and passes down the field to a 6'4" and 6'6" WR. If he is able to pass consistently to wr's running more diverse routs he would become very difficult to defend.
Fair estimation. But there can be a whole lot of factors in that. Is there a quality tight end running routes? Just route combinations and quality of route running is a big factor. And pass pro.

I'm a pariah there. But I've been a Sooner fan since I was 10 and I"m 67 and was a tiny part of OUr football program when I was a student, though not as a player. The site is good for information on a lot of things, and in the last decade, the tools have improved. Stuff like video is outstanding.

But like so many places, people who are really young, think that somebody who's been around for a while, are a nuisance with bad, outdated ideas. I don't mix well in that setting a bunch of the time.

I've spent a lot of time over there today. I just figured I'd hang out here a little and see what was going on. I hope you kick the Bulldogs pretty good. You will be challenged.

The future really isn’t even about Ehlinger. Its about the 3 stud QB recruits behind him moving forward.

Reactions: diadevic

It will take Riley one year (maybe less) to pick the right guy and groom him for another CFP run.

Riley is so freaking creative it is amazing. There was one play on OU's last drive on a BIG 3rd down. He ran 14 across on a shallow drag...designed it to look like a screen for 14 with the backside receivers (#84 I think) and the other slot to block for him to get the edge. Well, Texas' LBs took the bait and #84 just slipped right up the seam for a pitch and catch 1st down.

He thinks about little shit like that. And while some people may think they're the next Hal Mumme, people don't just think of small details like that...they just don't. If they did, then everyone would put up 45+ a game.

I could point to many more plays, but I won't bore you with anymore football

I'm a pariah there. But I've been a Sooner fan since I was 10 and I"m 67 and was a tiny part of OUr football program when I was a student, though not as a player. The site is good for information on a lot of things, and in the last decade, the tools have improved. Stuff like video is outstanding.

But like so many places, people who are really young, think that somebody who's been around for a while, are a nuisance with bad, outdated ideas. I don't mix well in that setting a bunch of the time.

I've spent a lot of time over there today. I just figured I'd hang out here a little and see what was going on. I hope you kick the Bulldogs pretty good. You will be challenged.
As much as I don’t like you, I’m kinda starting to like you.

It will take Riley one year (maybe less) to pick the right guy and groom him for another CFP run.

Riley is so freaking creative it is amazing. There was one play on OU's last drive on a BIG 3rd down. He ran 14 across on a shallow drag...designed it to look like a screen for 14 with the backside receivers (#84 I think) and the other slot to block for him to get the edge. Well, Texas' LBs took the bait and #84 just slipped right up the seam for a pitch and catch 1st down.

He thinks about little shit like that. And while some people may think they're the next Hal Mumme, people don't just think of small details like that...they just don't. If they did, then everyone would put up 45+ a game.

I could point to many more plays, but I won't bore you with anymore football
When LR graduated from his tiny high school in west Texas, teacher thought he'd end up in medical school. He is very bright, and we're lucky to have him. He does have a lot on his plate. Really he has a whole lot more than most coaches, because he's doing a full scale weekly game plan, plus all of those head coaching duties. He's also maximally is involved in recruiting, particularly now. My greatest fear about him, is that he'll burn himself out in less than five or six years.

If he's as good as he appears he might be, we'd likely him to have a little longevity.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Look the roaches are mating.
Thanks so much for your encouragement. I suppose I came to the wrong place if that's what I was seeking. I don't mean to be intrusive. At this point, I'm just replying to posts. At least I didn't come here pretending have 50 year old burnt orange tee shirts.

I've seen a ball spiked maybe 200 times this season in games across the country, and never seen it called for USL.
This is utter BS. Spiking the ball will get you an unsportsmanlike 100% of the time in college football. Find me one of these 200 times it's been done and not been called. There is a reason it's not done in college and that's because it will get you 15. You lost all credibility at that point so I quit reading the rest of your nonsense. Learn the rules dumbass. I've watched at least 2 college games every week this year and can't remember a single time anyone has spiked the ball. They don't do it because it's a penalty. I guess next you're going to tell us that teams routinely do photo opps in the end zone, or pull out cell phones from the goal post padding. I'm sure this has been done 200 times as well without a penalty. What an idiot.

It's 6:05am in Luanda, Angola and I've been awake long enough to read some of the responses on here and I ask myself "why are we yelling? Even if we beat oklahoma, we end up in the sugar bowl". Translation:

Fvcking drop the OU ref comments and move on. Regardless of how we did against blowU, we were still capped at making it into the sugar bowl.

We are in. Let it go. The past is prologue. We have to look to the future. It's time to get ready for what could be an epic shelling, or an epic upset.

Personally, I don't think we are ready to take on Georgia yet, but it's the hand we are dealt. Nut up, gut up, and get ready to have every facet of our team challenged.

On a side note, the WiFi at the hotel is actually working this time...... fvcking africa.

It's 6:05am in Luanda, Angola and I've been awake long enough to read some of the responses on here and I ask myself "why are we yelling? Even if we beat oklahoma, we end up in the sugar bowl". Translation:

Fvcking drop the OU ref comments and move on. Regardless of how we did against blowU, we were still capped at making it into the sugar bowl.

We are in. Let it go. The past is prologue. We have to look to the future. It's time to get ready for what could be an epic shelling, or an epic upset.

Personally, I don't think we are ready to take on Georgia yet, but it's the hand we are dealt. Nut up, gut up, and get ready to have every facet of our team challenged.

On a side note, the WiFi at the hotel is actually working this time...... fvcking africa.

The past is prologue? Is there another poster on this board who has read Shakespeare? Quoting Shakespeare on a message board nice touch there clob94. One last thing. 25 mil Angolans didn't give a sh*t about the OK/TX game lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT