ADVERTISEMENT

To my Aggie friends on here

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
Please don’t let this move to the SEC be a bone of contention that comes betweeen us. It sounds to me that your admins knew of and approved the move but failed to let the A&M fans in on the good news until after the fact.

There is plenty of room for all of us in the SEC but I am going to respectfully ask you to voluntarily scoot down several notches on the SEC totem pole because the big dogs are headed that way very soon and we’re going to rearrange the recruiting pecking order in the SEC in short time. Good times my friends.

Last edited:
Convo with one of my ag buddies today-

"This is fvcking bull sh!t. We don't want you guys. You'll ruin the conference like you did the SWC and the Big 12!"

Me-- "hey man, you're preaching at the choir. I don't want to go to the SEC either."

Ag-- "Why not? Games going to not be cupcake Kansas anymore?"

Me-- "Nah it's a lateral move for us. Its done only for money. The SEC is just greedy."

Ag-- "Lateral move? Are you kidding me? The SEC is the best conference in football. Y'all should be honored to be a part of it!"

Me-- "I thought you said you didn't want us?"

Ag-- "God damnit, fvck off dude."

I'll be honest my gut feeling is that I'm not sure I'll ever buy into the whole SEC pride thing, well, actually I know I won't. I'm going into this thing feeling like it's Texas/OU vs everyone else in the SEC. I doubt Texas fans will ever rah rah the whole SEC deal either but I could be wrong?

I'll be honest my gut feeling is that I'm not sure I'll ever buy into the whole SEC pride thing, well, actually I know I won't. I'm going into this thing feeling like it's Texas/OU vs everyone else in the SEC. I doubt Texas fans will ever rah rah the whole SEC deal either but I could be wrong?
I certainly won’t care any more about the SEC than I do now. We’ll go wherever we can make the most money. To me, conference affiliation is all about business.

Nah--- we beat ATM and i assure you there will be mocking chants of "SEC SEC SEC" raining down from the sky.

It was inevitable the consolidation of conferences. The SEC is being proactive in adding Texas and OU, and they're also rumored to be talking to Michigan and OSU, before the Big 10 snapped them up. That said, I will always root for Texas and will never root for a conference. I will admit that I pull for Texas teams, besides a&m, when they aren't playing Texas, but other than than, no SECSECSEC chants. Ever.

Nah, we’re OU and Texas. We were never “Big 12 U”, and we’ll never be SEC U.

However, in my sweetest of dreams, Texas goes SEC West, OU goes SEC East, and in our first year, we meet in SEC Championship game, where both our fan bases join together in serenading all the fuming SEC fans at home with a mocking rendition of their favorite chant.

Oh, and we kick your asses while we’re at it. 😁

It was inevitable the consolidation of conferences. The SEC is being proactive in adding Texas and OU, and they're also rumored to be talking to Michigan and OSU, before the Big 10 snapped them up. That said, I will always root for Texas and will never root for a conference. I will admit that I pull for Texas teams, besides a&m, when they aren't playing Texas, but other than than, no SECSECSEC chants. Ever.
But the big question is...cowbells. Starkville.
Chomps....gators 💩💩💩
Barking...UGA
Drunk Cajun Fight Songs...LSU
Covered dish tailgates...Ole Miss
Toilet paper...Allbarn U
Cocky...Cackalacky

Y'all ready? Hook 'em! ❤️ Love the 'Horns...lived in Far North Dallas for 20 years. I'm a fan!

But the big question is...cowbells. Starkville.
Chomps....gators 💩💩💩
Barking...UGA
Drunk Cajun Fight Songs...LSU
Covered dish tailgates...Ole Miss
Toilet paper...Allbarn U
Cocky...Cackalacky

Y'all ready? Hook 'em! ❤️ Love the 'Horns...lived in Far North Dallas for 20 years. I'm a fan!

aww Goldie, one would think you ACC FSU types didn’t like the SEC

lulz

Nah, we’re OU and Texas. We were never “Big 12 U”, and we’ll never be SEC U.

However, in my sweetest of dreams, Texas goes SEC West, OU goes SEC East, and in our first year, we meet in SEC Championship game, where both our fan bases join together in serenading all the fuming SEC fans at home with a mocking rendition of their favorite chant.

Oh, and we kick your asses while we’re at it. 😁

UK fan here…. To be honest, the SEC chant is mostly the new additions to the conference …. In my fan hood since the mid 70s I’ve never chanted SEC.

But there’s a Southern culture heritage and brotherhood of sorts amongst the 10 conference members that have been together since the 30’s. I don’t expect any new members would or should really get that …. We hate some of our rivals with the passion of a burning sun… but then it’s like we don’t want the unwashed to beat our rivals as they’re like the step brothers we punch in the face every now and then, but they’re still family

But times are a changing…. And some
Things pass away. Welcome to the family, whether it feels like home or not

Here's where it lands for me. Texas and A&M are perennial rivals, fighting for the same recruits.

I loved my time in College Station, and basically live there now. But it's not Austin.

(although some might argue Austin isn't Austin anymore)

Pre 2012 - head to head recruiting Texas had Austin and history. A&M had traditions and a college town. If I were a young kid, Austin and the lively city scene would be a much bigger draw.

Enter the SEC. This was a leveling of the recruiting environment IMO.

Texas moving to the SEC removes that advantage. And no honest A&M fan would be happy about that.

Nobody cares about Oklahoma, so not too worried about them.

Here's where it lands for me. Texas and A&M are perennial rivals, fighting for the same recruits.

I loved my time in College Station, and basically live there now. But it's not Austin.

Pre 2012 - head to head recruiting Texas had Austin and history. A&M had traditions and a college town. If I were a young kid, Austin and the lively city scene would be a much bigger draw.

Texas moving to the SEC removes that advantage. And no honest A&M fan would be happy about that.

You’re right … Austin isn’t Austin.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I know right? Why worry about the inevitable? Your post reminds of a scene from the movie Deep Impact. I think you've accepted your fate and are standing on the beach watching the tsunami which will end your existence. Enter OU. 😁

Reactions: Belldozer1
I keep trying to create an account on Texags but they aren't sending me my Validation Code which you need to login the first time. Anyone else have that issue? I would appreciate some help from my future SEC bros, the Aggie Faithful.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2

I seem to recall OU causing you some issues in the Big 12, not sure why that wouldn’t carry over to the SEC? Jumbo has done a decent job of getting A&M to a winning record as of late but I don’t think you’re close to winning a conference title or if you are you should probably implore your team that THIS year is an absolute must because the SEC landscape will be changing this time next year imo.

If your next qb is anywhere close to Mond, I wouldn’t think A&M’s chances are very good at winning the conference but I could be wrong.

Apparently grad school at aggy is also enough to rot the brain. (Or maybe aggy just attracts brain rot.)

Screen-Shot-2021-07-29-at-10-38-23-PM.png

ADVERTISEMENT