ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman is a clown show

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Driving a clown car-- in the middle of a circus. He's got elephants and dogs with tutu collars and spider monkeys swinging from trees while seals bounce balls on their noses and trapeze artists fall from the sky and splatter on the dirt floor below.

Be a man and raise your hand, repent your sins if you thought this jack wagon of a coach would save this school.

I'm done with the wishful thinking. I'm done with sugar coating shit-- my name isn't Willie Wonka. I watched the Alabama QB throw for 425 yards yesterday in a blow out win of aggy. Aggy has a decent secondary. TCU has a terrible secondary and we managed 236 against them while watching our toilet paper thin defense give up 25 first downs and 226 yards rushing. We got CREAMED in time of possession. TCU had the ball for almost 10 more minutes than we did. That's 2/3rds of a quarter.

It's time for a radical change kids.

I'll admit that I was wrong on Herman. I thought that he would be a great hire. No more excuses. No more charades. Enough with the woke SJW's. It's time to put up and start winning, and that's not happening. Tech and TCU shouldn't have come within three touchdowns of Texas. Of course Herman isn't going to be fired mid-season, and may not be fired after the season is over. It will depend on how the rest of the games go as to what happens with him and his future in Austin. IMO it's Meyer or bust. It's time to get Texas back on the map and contending for NC's!

As far as I can tell, you have always been a realist on this message board, even when you aren’t in favor of the situation. Herman has a $6.5 million/year contract through 2023. No radical change coming anytime soon.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
I'll admit that I was wrong on Herman. I thought that he would be a great hire. No more excuses. No more charades. Enough with the woke SJW's. It's time to put up and start winning, and that's not happening. Tech and TCU shouldn't have come within three touchdowns of Texas. Of course Herman isn't going to be fired mid-season, and may not be fired after the season is over. It will depend on how the rest of the games go as to what happens with him and his future in Austin. IMO it's Meyer or bust. It's time to get Texas back on the map and contending for NC's!
👍. It’s time to win NOW. 2005 is a long time ago. The next coach should have demonstrated success at a blue blood(s). Meyer or bust.

Reactions: HornNation101
I would go to the extent to say that even if Texas wins the rest of its games this season, we need a change.
We need someone who can both recruit and coach better.

If we were to grade our performances to expected standards so far, we are 0-2. UTEP does not count. That is a scrimmage.

With early signing period, changing the coach at the end of the season does not make sense. Do the rules allow for a firing during the season so that the new person can work on recruiting and not coach the team?
I vaguely remember that one school had done something like this in the past. tOSU?

With early signing period, changing the coach at the end of the season does not make sense. Do the rules allow for a firing during the season so that the new person can work on recruiting and not coach the team?
I vaguely remember that one school had done something like this in the past. tOSU?
They can fire him anytime they want

As far as I can tell, you have always been a realist on this message board, even when you aren’t in favor of the situation. Herman has a $6.5 million/year contract through 2023. No radical change coming anytime soon.
Something CDC is well aware of is the analysis: i) don't make a change and realize the short and long-term price in the form of boosters and $$$ leaving, continued underperformance on the field, repetitional loss, recruiting fall off, etc. v. ii) the short-term price to pay for a buy-out.

I have a buddy who contributes significant money to the university. He stopped his contributions and didn't renew his season tickets because he's tired of the clown show. I was shocked given his contributions and connections to the university. I've also stopped my contributions.

The long-term price of not making a change could take years to make up.

What CDC will have to grapple with is what is more costly . . . i) or ii)?

Reactions: HornNation101
Something to keep in mind. When CDC let Karen Aston go last year he went out and got one of the best coaches in the country to replace her and he did it quickly. If he makes a move on Herman he’ll have a plan for where he wants to go

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Driving a clown car-- in the middle of a circus. He's got elephants and dogs with tutu collars and spider monkeys swinging from trees while seals bounce balls on their noses and trapeze artists fall from the sky and splatter on the dirt floor below.

Be a man and raise your hand, repent your sins if you thought this jack wagon of a coach would save this school.

I'm done with the wishful thinking. I'm done with sugar coating shit-- my name isn't Willie Wonka. I watched the Alabama QB throw for 425 yards yesterday in a blow out win of aggy. Aggy has a decent secondary. TCU has a terrible secondary and we managed 236 against them while watching our toilet paper thin defense give up 25 first downs and 226 yards rushing. We got CREAMED in time of possession. TCU had the ball for almost 10 more minutes than we did. That's 2/3rds of a quarter.

TCU's secondary is not horrible. PFF rated both of their safeties in the Top 5 returning defensive players in college football.

Reactions: q1w2e3
UT Austin is now in trouble. Belmont Hall(the liberal academics) have been milking the football program for decades. Tom Herman is the symptom of a failing Athletic Department. Perrin was a disaster and now the only thing that could bring back alumni, like me, would be to hire Urban Meyer and move to the SEC or B1G. Anything else and this school will bleed out.

UT Austin is now in trouble. Belmont Hall(the liberal academics) have been milking the football program for decades. Tom Herman is the symptom of a failing Athletic Department. Perrin was a disaster and now the only thing that could bring back alumni, like me, would be to hire Urban Meyer and move to the SEC or B1G. Anything else and this school will bleed out.
I do think moving conferences or major conference realignment happens in the next 5 years or so. This “Urban Meyer or nothing” attitude has to stop. We don’t even know if Urban wants to coach. Certainly doesn’t need the money

Reactions: dailybuck777
Tcu safety is 5'8 when he was in coverage with Eps he couldn't handle him in the end zone cuase of height. Why not play that to an advantage.

I don't understand his player selection??? You got one playing goid in the last game and then he pulls him for someone else...

Maybe we can borrow the cash from aggy to buy out TH?

A move to the SEC or Big10 will do nothing other than make UT's football prowess even weaker. Burnt Orange Nation will not be able to have matters as they would like and would only be another of many. Just get better in this conference and quit making excuses for the Big12 somehow being part of the problem.

Reactions: diadevic and westx
Meyer would choose Southern Cal before he'd take Longhorn U. Pac12 has an easier road for him to win immediately if he decides to venture into college coaching again.
Eh I’d say they are about even in terms of “easy roads”. I think it’s going to come down to if he wants to coach again and where he wants to live. He can win easily at both spots. As bad as we are we still won 10 games two years ago, 8 games last year. Wouldn’t take him long to turn that around

I think our AD will consider Herman's contract through 2023 and then still pull the trigger if he can land Meyers or coach like him.

As of today, our team can't tackle, can't run, can't catch...what can it do? (The Clash song I think). But it can sure write demand letters and protest. Yippie I Aye, so proud of our team protesting our own freakin fight song. These Pieces of Sh*t are demanding this and that but they cannot even blow out a pitiful Tech team. Oh gee lets just get rid of all our UT history that may offend someone someday because our 18 and 19 year old inept players, who have not done a damn thing in life to warrant any special consideration, demand it.

How about we get rid of the protestors and their kneeling coach instead.

Didn't Yurcich and Ash coach with Meyer? You bring in Meyer and he likely keeps them around. That's two high priced assistants that don't need to be bought out.

It's either Meyer or some well connected NFL coach. There aren't very many elite college coaches that are available.

Christ does every damn topic with you idiots have to come back to politics?

ADVERTISEMENT