ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman is a clown show

I'll admit that I was wrong on Herman. I thought that he would be a great hire. No more excuses. No more charades. Enough with the woke SJW's. It's time to put up and start winning, and that's not happening. Tech and TCU shouldn't have come within three touchdowns of Texas. Of course Herman isn't going to be fired mid-season, and may not be fired after the season is over. It will depend on how the rest of the games go as to what happens with him and his future in Austin. IMO it's Meyer or bust. It's time to get Texas back on the map and contending for NC's!

I wonder how soon the "Fire Tom Herman .com" gonna go up?...LOL

whatever conference does not matter one damned whit. All in the hell we need to do to take care of every damned thing is win. Apparently, TH aint the guy that can do that. I dont care if we have to go to the insanesilum to get somebody, we need to do it asap and +**** what it costs.

We are not back and we are just outside the realm of blueblood, but if we win, we do better and make more money that anybody. Frankly, it is that simple.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Christ does every damn topic with you idiots have to come back to politics?

That has nothing to do with politics. Do you want the cretins in Belmont to be conservative? Go make it so. I have $1000 that says they are not conservative. The fact remains that the pointy headed idiots in Belmont are the reason our football team sucks. They prefer the Stanford model over the Bama model, FACT!

In other words, we don't pay like Bama or anyone else in the $ec because our admin thinks we are above it. We are becoming irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: HornNation101
Didn't Yurcich and Ash coach with Meyer? You bring in Meyer and he likely keeps them around. That's two high priced assistants that don't need to be bought out.

It's either Meyer or some well connected NFL coach. There aren't very many elite college coaches that are available.
Yes. I was thinking about that last night. Urban would likely keep Ash and probably Yurich. In some ways it’s ready made for him.

whatever conference does not matter one damned whit. All in the hell we need to do to take care of every damned thing is win. Apparently, TH aint the guy that can do that. I dont care if we have to go to the insanesilum to get somebody, we need to do it asap and +**** what it costs.

We are not back and we are just outside the realm of blueblood, but if we win, we do better and make more money that anybody. Frankly, it is that simple.

I was not referring to winning. I was referring to interest. This program is dying. Herman's classes are already slipping fast. Go look at the grades on the recent lineman commits. They are not good.

**** you bitch. That has nothing to do with politics. Do you want the cretins in Belmont to be conservative? Go make it so. I have $1000 that says they are not conservative. The fact remains that the pointy headed idiots in Belmont are the reason our football team sucks. They prefer the Stanford model over the Bama model, FACT!

In other words, we don't pay like Bama or anyone else in the $ec because our admin thinks we are above it. We are becoming irrelevant.

Ain't no need for name callin!

As far as I can tell, you have always been a realist on this message board, even when you aren’t in favor of the situation. Herman has a $6.5 million/year contract through 2023. No radical change coming anytime soon.
Especially after all the covid budget cuts

They are being negatively recruited. They extended him so that Tom could claim he will be at Texas during the player's entire time at Texas.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
They are being negatively recruited. They extended him so that Tom could claim he will be at Texas during the player's entire time at Texas.
I know that’s the rational for contract extensions, but we all know it’s BS and I suspect most recruits know it to. If the coach wins the school isn’t getting rid of them and if either side wants to leave we all know the contract is fairly worthless. Besides when we extended him didn’t he have 3 years left on his deal? So the class he was recruiting at the time he was under contract through their jr year.

if Herman was being negative recruited it wasn’t because of his contract it’s because he’s a fraud and all the good coaches know it

From the be careful what you wish for department:

Coaching is only part of the problem. Even if UT were to get Urban and win the conference, the Big 12 is a joke. Top talent in Texas will continue to go to AL, Ohio St, Clem. This conference has taken UT and OU as far as they can go and will only make the rise to the top tier of coll football harder.

From the be careful what you wish for department:

Coaching is only part of the problem. Even if UT were to get Urban and win the conference, the Big 12 is a joke. Top talent in Texas will continue to go to AL, Ohio St, Clem. This conference has taken UT and OU as far as they can go and will only make the rise to the top tier of coll football harder.

What could be holding this conference together and why? It's clearly in a death spiral. There is a better route to the NFL and a better bagman game in the SEC. Why are we hanging around?

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
I know that’s the rational for contract extensions, but we all know it’s BS and I suspect most recruits know it to. If the coach wins the school isn’t getting rid of them and if either side wants to leave we all know the contract is fairly worthless. Besides when we extended him didn’t he have 3 years left on his deal? So the class he was recruiting at the time he was under contract through their jr year.

if Herman was being negative recruited it wasn’t because of his contract it’s because he’s a fraud and all the good coaches know it

Yes, the contract is part of it. Not making excuses for him but yes they negatively recruit him and Texas. We need to break free from whatever is restricting our BMD base. Let the money loose and allow the AD to be all it can be.

Look, if you're in the Big 12 and you run the table on your entire schedule, you are in the playoffs---- period.

A 13-0 team will always get into the playoffs. The ONLY situation where a 13-0 Big12 team MAY not get into the playoffs is if there is an undefeated team in each of the Power 5 conferences. But the odds of that happening are so close to 0%, that it's not even worth pondering. And if it WERE to happen, it is the greatest case for an 8 team playoff that anyone could make.

Reactions: BOLIO
Look, if you're in the Big 12 and you run the table on your entire schedule, you are in the playoffs---- period.

A 13-0 team will always get into the playoffs. The ONLY situation where a 13-0 Big12 team MAY not get into the playoffs is if there is an undefeated team in each of the Power 5 conferences. But the odds of that happening are so close to 0%, that it's not even worth pondering. And if it WERE to happen, it is the greatest case for an 8 team playoff that anyone could make.

I hate to say it but... Sun Belt > Big 12 head to head. The b12 is crap.

The national media has already buried the b12.

The SEC has already nixed the 8 team playoff because it controls the narative. An 8 team playoff waters down their dominance as a conference by allowing teams from inferior conferences to compete and be included while playing at a lower quality level. Texas is being choked by the b12 and our administrative incompetence. We are about to have a 100k+ seat stadium half filled every week. Get ready, it's coming.

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...ioner-firm-on-keeping-cfb-playoff-at-4-teams/

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainZigZag
As far as I can tell, you have always been a realist on this message board, even when you aren’t in favor of the situation. Herman has a $6.5 million/year contract through 2023. No radical change coming anytime soon.
That, and the stadium has to be 1/4 full due to Covid. It's not like they can just eat that $6.5 mill.

Reactions: westx
I hate to say it but... Sun Belt > Big 12 head to head. The b12 is crap.

The national media has already buried the b12.

The SEC has already nixed the 8 team playoff because it controls the narative. An 8 team playoff waters down their dominance as a conference by allowing teams from inferior conferences to compete and be included while playing at a lower quality level. Texas is being choked by the b12 and our administrative incompetence. We are about to have a 100k+ seat stadium half filled every week. Get ready, it's coming.

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...ioner-firm-on-keeping-cfb-playoff-at-4-teams/

If you think the secsecsec controls the narritive with a 4 team playoff, how about an 8 team playoff with them putting in 6 teams?

If you think the secsecsec controls the narritive with a 4 team playoff, how about an 8 team playoff with them putting in 6 teams?

Well ya, but that still wouldn't solve the problem for the other sucky conferences so on to 16 teams.... At that point the whole SEC could be included and they wouldn't have to play a regular season.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Well ya, but that still wouldn't solve the problem for the other sucky conferences so on to 16 teams.... At that point the whole SEC could be included and they wouldn't have to play a regular season.

It should be and 8 team playoff with conference champions making it. SEC, B10, PAC12, B12, ACC, then the next best 3

Reactions: LonghornMM
It should be and 8 team playoff with conference champions making it. SEC, B10, PAC12, B12, ACC, then the next best 3

I agree but Sanky does not. See my link above. The Sec is in charge. It's not changing.

Yes. 100%. An undefeated big 12 team will make the playoff 100% of the time(especially if you are Texas or OU

Maybe Herman wants to get fired and leave Texas with a buncha money! Strong didn't do too bad in the money dept for being fired...

I agree 100%. Clemson is in a joke football conference, and its worked out for them. Should be easy to dominate this conference, and, as OU has proven, the door to the Final 4 is wide open. If you can't dominate, Tech, TCU, Baylor, Kansas St. etc. - where are you going so that you can dominate?

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT