ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman is a clown show

What if Urban isn’t interested then what?????? If that idiot Steve Patterson hadn’t messed up not hiring Briles before the scapegoat fiasco. We would probably be sitting pretty, the dude was absolutely loved by Texas Highschool coaches and was on the verge of making lowly Baylor a contender with mostly 3 star or less players. Imagine what he could do with Texas resources? He probably wouldn’t need much money to get one more shot. I know it would be a pr nightmare but so is losing and being mediocre.

I know that’s the rational for contract extensions, but we all know it’s BS and I suspect most recruits know it to. If the coach wins the school isn’t getting rid of them and if either side wants to leave we all know the contract is fairly worthless. Besides when we extended him didn’t he have 3 years left on his deal? So the class he was recruiting at the time he was under contract through their jr year.

if Herman was being negative recruited it wasn’t because of his contract it’s because he’s a fraud and all the good coaches know it

There is usually 2 parts to an extension.
1. it shows loyalty to the current coach
2. It makes for a more favorable parting of ways if it doesn't work out.

Basically if a coach is on the hot seat and gets an extension it will offer him a little more money but also tie in a more favorable separation for the school if they have to fire him. Schools usually only talk about the faith in the coach, not the most important part the buyout is usually smaller.

Reactions: westx
From the be careful what you wish for department:

Coaching is only part of the problem. Even if UT were to get Urban and win the conference, the Big 12 is a joke. Top talent in Texas will continue to go to AL, Ohio St, Clem. This conference has taken UT and OU as far as they can go and will only make the rise to the top tier of coll football harder.

Every year the state of Texas produces 350 major college football players. Texas needs 25 of them. That means we know we won't sign 325 of them. If we have a coach that can develop the talent, then the local talent will stay. Of course there are guys that are going to leave as it always happens, no coach can control this, however they can control development and that is more important than keeping the top talent.

There is usually 2 parts to an extension.
1. it shows loyalty to the current coach
2. It makes for a more favorable parting of ways if it doesn't work out.

Basically if a coach is on the hot seat and gets an extension it will offer him a little more money but also tie in a more favorable separation for the school if they have to fire him. Schools usually only talk about the faith in the coach, not the most important part the buyout is usually smaller.
Herman had 3 years left. When he was extended I believe pretty unnecsssry especially since he had one Meh season and one great season. Now if he had ripped off 2 10 win seasons then I’d say ok cool

Maybe Herman wants to get fired and leave Texas with a buncha money! Strong didn't do too bad in the money dept for being fired...

Sounds like he is making a great case for wanting to get fired today. He is an ass hat wanna-be tough guy who seems to have lost his team.

Hope CDC pulls the plug and fires him soon.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Why don’t we go 13-0 in this crap conference...miss the playoffs and then talk about jumping ship to another conference. I don’t see it. We should be 12-1 as a floor and 13-0 as the ceiling but we can’t even get through tcu and a very crappy ou. We have two more losses on the schedule I am sure.

Tom is sucking just as bad as Strong. Somebody else pick the next coach because I thought both of those hires made sense.

Sounds like he is making a great case for wanting to get fired today. He is an ass hat wanna-be tough guy who seems to have lost his team.

Hope CDC pulls the plug and fires him soon.
The interesting dynamic is CDC didn’t hire Herman. Does he get to a point where he says I’m putting my mark on this program. I think the relationship between Herman and CDC from their time at Rice is a bit overblown

Why don’t we go 13-0 in this crap conference...miss the playoffs and then talk about jumping ship to another conference. I don’t see it. We should be 12-1 as a floor and 13-0 as the ceiling but we can’t even get through tcu and a very crappy ou. We have two more losses on the schedule I am sure.

Tom is sucking just as bad as Strong. Somebody else pick the next coach because I thought both of those hires made sense.
This is actually worse than Charlie. Tom had the table set for him. SR QB, both RBs’s back, and adding the best RB recruit in the country., best kicker in the country, and OU probably down. So everything was set up for a good year, and he’s a miracle come back away from being 1-3. That’s worse than anything Charlie ever did. His teams were bad but even with good coaching they were probably 8 maybe 9 wins team max.

Reactions: BOLIO
ADVERTISEMENT