ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 highest-rated Texas HS football players of all time

RoboCocks21

Sep 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Let's start with 10 and go to 1. (Player rating)
Going all the way back to the 2000 class.

10. Tommy Brockermeyer (0.9977)
9. Ryan Mallet (0.9978)
8. Sergio Kindle (0.9981)
7. Rhett Bomar (0.9982)
6. Russell Shepard (0.9986)
5. Greg Little (0.9991)
4. Myles Garrett (0.9993)
3. Mario Edward's Jr (0.9995)
2. Adrian Peterson (0.9996)
1. Vince Young (1.0000)

Let's start with 10 and go to 1. (Player rating)
Going all the way back to the 2000 class.

10. Tommy Brockermeyer (0.9977)
9. Ryan Mallet (0.9978)
8. Sergio Kindle (0.9981)
7. Rhett Bomar (0.9982)
6. Russell Shepard (0.9986)
5. Greg Little (0.9991)
4. Myles Garrett (0.9993)
3. Mario Edward's Jr (0.9995)
2. Adrian Peterson (0.9996)
1. Vince Young (1.0000)
I wonder where Earl, Billy Simms, and Barry Sanders would fall on this list.

Reactions: westx and oldhorn2
QBs- Vince Young, Drew Brees, Kylar Murray

RBs-Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Jonathan Gray, Cedric Benson, Earl Campbell, Rex Burkhead

WRs-Tim Brown, Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree

OL- Alan Faneca, Trent Williams, Jason Peters,

Defensive Players-John Randle, Mike Singletary, Zach Thomas, Von Miller, Jeremiah Trotter

These are just some guys off the top of my head that I remember that really stood out as elite high school players. I know I missed a ton but these are the ones that came to mind off the top of my head.

QBs- Vince Young, Drew Brees, Kylar Murray

RBs-Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Jonathan Gray, Cedric Benson, Earl Campbell, Rex Burkhead

WRs-Tim Brown, Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree

OL- Alan Faneca, Trent Williams, Jason Peters,

Defensive Players-John Randle, Mike Singletary, Zach Thomas, Von Miller, Jeremiah Trotter

These are just some guys off the top of my head that I remember that really stood out as elite high school players. I know I missed a ton but these are the ones that came to mind off the top of my head.

Chase Daniel, Ty Detmer and Tommy Maddox are dudes I'd add at QB

I knew y'all wouldnt know who in the hell Ken Hall was....However, Google knows who he was.He graduated in like 1955 or so....maybe 1956. Anyway he is still like in thw top 3 in the nation for rushing yards....and he almost never even played in the second half of his games.

Well hell....may as well put KenHall at the top of Texas high school running backs. None of those chumps y'all mentioned came close to his records.
Johnathan Gray is only 200 yards behind Hall. He only played 2 and a half to 3 quarters a game as well because Aledo would build big leads early.

I’ve read a lot about Hall but that was way before my time.

Johnathan Gray is only 200 yards behind Hall. He only played 2 and a half to 3 quarters a game as well because Aledo would build big leads early.

I’ve read a lot about Hall but that was way before my time.
Gray was 343 yds short of Hall....but who is counting?...

Reactions: Hoookem722
@Suchomel I'd love to hear about OOS recruiting back in the 50's. Was it mostly HS coaches reaching out to so and so coach from half the country over to tell him, "Hey I got a special one here?", or was it much less frequently done? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Matthew Stafford wasn't a bad Prospect either.
I remember watching Highland Park Play Stephenville at SMU’s stadium when Stafford was a junior. I heard all the hype of how strong his arm was. I Just remember being blown away at some of the throws he made as a 16 year old kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem777
I remember watching Highland Park Play Stephenville at SMU’s stadium when Stafford was a junior. If heard all the hype of how strong his arm was. I Just remember being blown away at some of the throws he made as a 16 year old kid.
i played against him in highschool and both years he beat the ever living tar out of us. Kid was Cocky as hell, but he always backed it up.

Irving had a RB about 20 years ago that could freaking GO! Jamaal Evans. He was like Deuce Vaughn from KState. Not sure whatever happened to him in college.

He went to GT same year as Demarco Murray and Cj Spiller andStafford, Jevan Snead, Mitch Mustain, Tim Tebow, Sergio Kindle

Last edited:
I knew y'all wouldnt know who in the hell Ken Hall was....However, Google knows who he was.He graduated in like 1955 or so....maybe 1956. Anyway he is still like in thw top 3 in the nation for rushing yards....and he almost never even played in the second half of his games.
Ken had one heck of a bbq joint in Fredericksburg too!

He was way before my time but anyone who coached Hs football in Tx knows Ken Hall

And he never played more than 12 games a season.

And Sugarland was a little podunk town back then 😂

It's a damn shame his college career didn't work out. He should have known better than to go to a&m.

Is he still around? I know he had a barbecue place in Fredericksburg.

PS oldhorn he's still around and living in Fredericksburg just turned 87. And Derrick Henry did break his single season record but he played in more games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT