ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stock for 2021?

I'd shoot for an amount that allows you at least $8,000-$ 10,000 a month income

I know there are a variety of things that go into the question I’m about to ask. What would be the amount of money needed to retire at the age of 60. House paid for....low taxes where I live....maybe one car payment.... couple trips a year, yada yada.

ok...sorry about that. I would say(I retired at 53) you need to be totally debt free....no car or house payment and definitely no credit card debt. Remember...
....even though you foolishly think YOU own your house, fact is the government owns it. You rent it from them and the amount may be up to 4 0r 5 thousand$ depending on how lavish it is. The biggest expense you will encounter at age 60 will be health insurance and that might run over $1000.00 per month for crap coverage. It gets LOTS easier at age 65 when Medicare kicks in.

Only you can say how much you intend to spend each month. When will you file for SS? I took it the minute I could which was age 62. Where will you keep this mythical amount that you think you will need? If you say a bank, then all bets are off. Inflation will eat you alive...

In short....no one can give you a number even ball park as everyones situation is different.

I know there are a variety of things that go into the question I’m about to ask. What would be the amount of money needed to retire at the age of 60. House paid for....low taxes where I live....maybe one car payment.... couple trips a year, yada yada.
A lot to untangle here. What may be a sufficient amount for you may not be sufficient for another person. For instance, low taxes where you live? Low taxes in the Hamptons or rural Texas? One car payment: a Kia Rio (nothing wrong with a Kia BTW) or a Toyota Land Cruiser? Couple of trips per year: Bossier City or the French Riviera?
So, your personal lifestyle and situation will dictate your future needs. Then, there's the situation with healthcare as we get older and those financial needs.
There are a multiple of free models online that can be used as a barometer. Be careful with the brokerage models because they usually assume a 5 star retirement lifestyle in order to get you to sign up for investment advice.

Be careful with the brokerage models because they usually assume a 5 star retirement lifestyle in order to get you to sign up for investment advice.

Investment advice....thats where a guy drives his Roll Royce over to take financial advice from a guy that drives a chevy...

and while we are at it....a trip to Bossier City can cost me a hell of a lot more than a trip to the French Riviera if the cards are running bad...

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
Early retirement health care is the most expensive thing you have to face even if you never get sick. You are no longer in any group. Sometimes you cant even get anyone to write it for any price. I would not be surprised at $1500 to 2000.00 per month for crap coverage.

My father's retirement is $9600 per month. He spends it as fast as it comes in. What's crazy is he doesn't smoke or drink and never travels, I have no idea what he spends it on but he does eat out for literally every meal.

If your father is Tom Herman it would be strippers and cocaine!!! (this is only a joke Wasatch so please don't hunt me down)..............

these are crazy times....The "pre covid" world we knew will never come back.there are so many businesses,once vibrant, that now are doomed....and I dont just mean bars and restaurants....I mean things that suddenly have become buggy whip makers.

All the high dollar real estate that used to bring in millions will start to sit empty and will have to sell for pennys. Not on the dollar....simply pennys. Business has learned to work from home. No more daily communte...lunch out...etc.That is a lot of ancellary business that will be lost. Shopping malls will simply fade away. Mineral rights owners might soon be in for a shock. The auto industry is going flat out to electric.

I suppose the office buildings and Malls can be converted to Condos....as I said....crazy times...

Commodities - does that include oil? Worried at all about the green new deal trend?
World wide oil production will likely touch 100 million barrels per day this year. That’s a lot of windmills. Oil and Gas is not going anywhere in the near term.

World wide oil production will likely touch 100 million barrels per day this year. That’s a lot of windmills. Oil and Gas is not going anywhere in the near term.
Agreed. Where do these Tesla driving fvcking idiots think the electricity comes from that charges their virtue signaling car? From a fvcking Gas powered plant, from a coal powered plant, from a nuclear powered plant.
Where does it NOT come from? From a fvcking windmill or solar panel.

And the plastic in their stupid virtue signaling car-- where did all that plastic come from? The plastic fairy?

I've already seen how completely fvcking corrupt and incompetent the current administration is. By canceling the Canadian pipeline, all that oil from Canada must now be put into millions of trucks and driven across middle America to be refined. Or put onto trains and hauled with diesel burning trains. And that's good for the environment?

And the batteries for your soy boy virtue signaling car-- guess where all that lithium and cobalt came from? From strip mining tens of thousands of acres of TREES in the African jungle. You racist kawk suckers hate black people and the environment so much that you're ruining black folks homes and polluting the world simultaneously.

These fvcking idiot are so stupid that it's painful for me to watch.

Agreed. Where do these Tesla driving fvcking idiots think the electricity comes from that charges their virtue signaling car? From a fvcking Gas powered plant, from a coal powered plant, from a nuclear powered plant.
Where does it NOT come from? From a fvcking windmill or solar panel.

And the plastic in their stupid virtue signaling car-- where did all that plastic come from? The plastic fairy?

I've already seen how completely fvcking corrupt and incompetent the current administration is. By canceling the Canadian pipeline, all that oil from Canada must now be put into millions of trucks and driven across middle America to be refined. Or put onto trains and hauled with diesel burning trains. And that's good for the environment?

And the batteries for your soy boy virtue signaling car-- guess where all that lithium and cobalt came from? From strip mining tens of thousands of acres of TREES in the African jungle. You racist kawk suckers hate black people and the environment so much that you're ruining black folks homes and polluting the world simultaneously.

These fvcking idiot are so stupid that it's painful for me to watch.

TESTIFY!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT