ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble in AGGSY Paradise?

Are you kidding?....Jimbo has two Natty trophies. One he won with Jamis Winston and the other given to him by aTm Big Cigars....

Reactions: Belldozer1
His third year with a senior QB. It won't be a good look for his "QB whisperer" reputation if Mond doesn't improve.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Wouldn’t it be a shame if the CFP were cancelled this year due to covid with Aggie right on the cusp of greatness?

Well, I have to think there is "greatness" (think Bama, Clempson, maybe tosu) and there is "blind hog finds an acorn" Luck I think the latter applies to cow college.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
What's funny is aggy thinking that they're going to make the CFP. There is still plenty of doubt about Jimbo. a&m will always be a&m. They are destined to be the eternal whipping boy, no matter where they are. Some things never change. =)roll
No way aggy makes CFP. Just hate seeing them rolling while we are a mess in year 4 under Herman. Jimbo has them dominating teams they should dominate, took down Florida. We've been in a dog fight with every team this year besides UTEP. We have way more talent than they do, should not be that way. Jimbo Fisher seems like a decent man.

Uh, he did keep Winston eligible while under investigation for rape. Other than that...
Im not defending him but in America we are innocent until proven guilty. Key word you used "under investigation" Also, do we really want to go there when our message boards are praying for urban meyer?

Reactions: vandyhank
Im not defending him but in America we are innocent until proven guilty. Key word you used "under investigation" Also, do we really want to go there when our message boards are praying for urban meyer?
Jameis wasn't the only one. 18 total "sexual assaults, harrassment or violence against women" complaints during the Jimbo era at FSU. 66 total criminal incidents from 2009 to 2014 (to be accurate, includes basketball).

Not a fan of "I believe her"?
If you are ok with "under investigation" not being consequential, then I presume that Baylor made a horrific decision to fire Art Briles.

Jameis wasn't the only one. 18 total "sexual assaults, harrassment or violence against women" complaints during the Jimbo era at FSU. 66 total criminal incidents from 2009 to 2014 (to be accurate, includes basketball).

If you are ok with "under investigation" not being consequential, then I presume that Baylor made a horrific decision to fire Art Briles.
Headline reads "accused", Accused does not equal guilty in America. that's why we have the courts. A head coach is held to a higher standard than an 18 year old. Baylor made that decision based on the facts, litigation and data they have access to (i would hope) that I clearly do not. I am assuming Tampa Bay Bucs and NOLA Saints also made the decision to have Winston on their team based on facts, data and litigation that you nor I have access to. Public opinion is not the courts.

I would hope we would give our players their right to prove their innocents should a large amount of them be accused of wrong doing. Especially during these times in our country where college athletes and people with a platform are more susceptible to accusations. And again, I hope you echo this same argument should we hire Urban Meyer based on previous accusations against him.

Ill add, you can dig up 'dirt' on every head coach out there, including TH, Jimbo, Urban.

Headline reads "accused", Accused does not equal guilty in America. that's why we have the courts. A head coach is held to a higher standard than an 18 year old. Baylor made that decision based on the facts, litigation and data they have access to (i would hope) that I clearly do not. I am assuming Tampa Bay Bucs and NOLA Saints also made the decision to have Winston on their team based on facts, data and litigation that you nor I have access to. Public opinion is not the courts.

I would hope we would give our players their right to prove their innocents should a large amount of them be accused of wrong doing. Especially during these times in our country where college athletes and people with a platform are more susceptible to accusations. And again, I hope you echo this same argument should we hire Urban Meyer based on previous accusations against him.

Ill add, you can dig up 'dirt' on every head coach out there, including TH, Jimbo, Urban.

You seem to be an anti-Texas troll.

You seem to be an anti-Texas troll.
Anti Texas?????? LOL!! looks like these message board do not like when you have civil conversations and reference Americas Laws and journalism, which was all I was doing. Your reply is Cancel culture at its finest. In no way have i trolled my longhorns!! Not sure why you would lie about that.

Dead wrong. Baylor made its decision because it is a Baptist/Christian institution and could not handle the intense scrutiny/criticism of ESPN (remember the ESPN Bus stationed in Waco for 2 weeks to gather info?). 52 sexual assaults were alleged; one person was convicted. Not one single player played one single down after the allegations were made. In this case, the accusations were enough. So I guess you think 18 allegations is not enough to warrant holding a head coach "to a higher standard"?

FWIW - UT had two players accused of rape in 2015. Charlie Strong booted them from the team. They were ultimately found not guilty at trial. There you see the difference between UT and Jimbo.

Dead wrong. Baylor made its decision because it is a Baptist/Christian institution and could not handle the intense scrutiny/criticism of ESPN (remember the ESPN Bus stationed in Waco for 2 weeks to gather info?). 52 sexual assaults were alleged; one person was convicted. Not one single player played one single down after the allegations were made. In this case, the accusations were enough. So I guess you think 18 allegations is not enough to warrant holding a head coach "to a higher standard"?

FWIW - UT had two players accused of rape in 2015. Charlie Strong booted them from the team. They were ultimately found not guilty at trial. There you see the difference between UT and Jimbo.
I'm aware Baylor claims to be a Baptist/Christian institution. If you say you know thats why Baylor fired Briles, than so be it. I sure as hell can not tell you what reasoning was used to fire him, I was not part of that decision. And yea i was aware of the allegations of our players back in 15. Again, allegations are simply allegations until the courts determine otherwise. What was Jimbo going to do? Fire himself? FSU could have fired him and they didnt. That is on admin not HC. Each institution has their PR tolerance.

"UT had two players accused of rape in 2015. Charlie Strong booted them from the team. They were ultimately found not guilty at trial. There you see the difference between UT and Jimbo. " Are you seriously going to defend this?? THEY WERE FOUND NOT GUILTY... but you're ok with two innocent teenagers losing everything, football career wise just because of public opinion?? Jimbo/FSU/Admin/whoever didnt play judge and let the courts handle it. Look where winston is now compared to our guys that were accused and found not guilty. Are you implying that everyone who gets accused should be convicted in the court of opinion and stripped from their careers? Jesus since when did accusation become a death sentence in america... Winston, Urban Meyer, Briles all accused and all still have careers. And were praying for one of the accused to come 'save us'... Curious what you think about Urban Meyer and the accusations against him?? Should he coach in the future? Should fox sports fire him cause of the accusations? (i think ive made my point clear! They are accusations until the courts determine otherwise. Accusations should not be a death sentence to ones career)

Anti Texas?????? LOL!! looks like these message board do not like when you have civil conversations and reference Americas Laws and journalism, which was all I was doing. Your reply is Cancel culture at its finest. In no way have i trolled my longhorns!! Not sure why you would lie about that.

So you think I'm a "cancel culture" person and a liar. Wow. Got it. You sure know me, lol. :rolleyes:

Still got that Baylor burr up your ass I see. ;)

Jimbo desent???....The guy quit on the team....I mean he packed up and LEFT with 2 games left in the season with FSU. They had been top 10 ranked in pre season and Jimbo coached them down to a 4-5 record I think and then he By God walked out on them!

Jimbo desent???....The guy quit on the team....I mean he packed up and LEFT with 2 games left in the season with FSU. They had been top 10 ranked in pre season and Jimbo coached them down to a 4-5 record I think and then he By God walked out on them!
All this cause i called Jimbo Fisher a decent man haha God forbid! I'm sure the main argument against him is because he's hc @aggy. I don't blame you if that's the case! I wish he flops at aggy and further drags them down. But since you mentioned it, His star QB goes down for the season during their opener against Alabama, along with other key offensive players (OL). So I don't think he intentionally coached them down. Per reports, FSU would not give Fisher what he wanted, upgraded facilities. To this day I do not believe FSU has upgraded a single football facility. Every time a coach leaves his team to go coach another team, the decision will always be scrutinized. Its business($75MIL). Ask UH fans what they thought about how Herman "left them", they still have a lot to say about that. Saban leaves LSU to return and coach their rivals at Bama. Bill leaves jets after one season to coach pats. Urban leaves Florida claiming health concerns only to take the tOSU job. Urban leaves tOSU claiming the same health reasons that he left Florida, and guess what, when he takes another coaching job, Its business!
What's the difference if a coach gets fired midseason or leaves at the end of the season? Its business, Admin want to name a new HC to recruit on time by early signing period and if coaches know they are leaving, then leave and go start recruiting at your new program. Its business, no time to worry about hurt feelings. If we buy out a predominant HC from a program(colligate or NFL) he's currently at, I would not be concerned with whos feeling we hurt.
Also players transfer/decommit and commit to rival schools because they believe they have a better path to make it to the NFL at that program under the coaching staff. Its business for them as well.
(note: I called Fisher, as an individual, a decent man. I said nothing positive of aggy)

Reactions: djkobe00
ADVERTISEMENT