ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble in AGGSY Paradise?

All this cause i called Jimbo Fisher a decent man haha God forbid! I'm sure the main argument against him is because he's hc @aggy. I don't blame you if that's the case! I wish he flops at aggy and further drags them down. But since you mentioned it, His star QB goes down for the season during their opener against Alabama, along with other key offensive players (OL). So I don't think he intentionally coached them down. Per reports, FSU would not give Fisher what he wanted, upgraded facilities. To this day I do not believe FSU has upgraded a single football facility. Every time a coach leaves his team to go coach another team, the decision will always be scrutinized. Its business($75MIL). Ask UH fans what they thought about how Herman "left them", they still have a lot to say about that. Saban leaves LSU to return and coach their rivals at Bama. Bill leaves jets after one season to coach pats. Urban leaves Florida claiming health concerns only to take the tOSU job. Urban leaves tOSU claiming the same health reasons that he left Florida, and guess what, when he takes another coaching job, Its business!
What's the difference if a coach gets fired midseason or leaves at the end of the season? Its business, Admin want to name a new HC to recruit on time by early signing period and if coaches know they are leaving, then leave and go start recruiting at your new program. Its business, no time to worry about hurt feelings. If we buy out a predominant HC from a program(colligate or NFL) he's currently at, I would not be concerned with whos feeling we hurt.
Also players transfer/decommit and commit to rival schools because they believe they have a better path to make it to the NFL at that program under the coaching staff. Its business for them as well.
(note: I called Fisher, as an individual, a decent man. I said nothing positive of aggy)
Sorry, I was wrong, Bill didn't end up coaching a single Jets game before he left for the patriots job. Bill said this Tuesday, speaking on his decision to leave the jets before even coaching a single game for the jets, "That wasn't a good situation for me and I didn't want to be a part of it, so I wasn't".

Reactions: StrangerHorn
It may be just a business, but I have never heard of a major college coach walking out on a team with games still left to play. Jimbo may be a great guy to be around, but I would never trust anyone like that.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
It may be just a business, but I have never heard of a major college coach walking out on a team with games still left to play. Jimbo may be a great guy to be around, but I would never trust anyone like that.
Weren’t his players banging his wife or something?

Well Aggys are ranked #5 and will probably play in a better bowl than UT and are out recruiting us so right now ole Jimbo is paying them dividends. Oh and Aggy don’t play this Sat because of Covid and god forbid they get in the playoffs we will never hear the end of it. Meanwhile back in Austin with our homeless running rampant, unlike our team, we are freaking worried about Iowa St? Excuse me while I barf my breakfast up.

Jimbo is not a good person. Any coach other than Jimbo would have sat Winston down till allegations were proven to be false. That whole situation was a cover up by FSU in order to win a national title

Jimbo is not a good person. Any coach other than Jimbo would have sat Winston down till allegations were proven to be false. That whole situation was a cover up by FSU in order to win a national title

Stopped reading after "any coach other than Jimbo" HAHA called the man "decent" and the emotional rants that follow made the show haha I'd still take Jimbo Fisher at Texas over Tom Herman. BY FAR!!

Reactions: djkobe00
If the Aggies somehow slip into the playoffs this year we will never hear the end of it.

Im not defending him but in America we are innocent until proven guilty. Key word you used "under investigation" Also, do we really want to go there when our message boards are praying for urban meyer?

Have you ever read anything about this case? The TPD did everything they possiblly could to ensure that Winston would never be proven guilty.

I'm not an expert on law enforcement, but my wife loves all those true crime shows. I can't remember a single case where the cops called the suspects lawyer and asked if the suspect would be willing to come down to the station for an interview.

Willie Megg basically cited the ineptitude of the TPD as the primary reason why he would take the case to trial.

ADVERTISEMENT