ADVERTISEMENT

Two of the Greats!

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
From Earls page!

Had a great time visiting with my good friend Gale Sayers. A true legend and even better friend!!!!

jky9ly.jpg

Earl was a man amongst boys!! He was an absolute animal on the football field. I would give anything in the world to have another back here at Texas like him. Bum just ran him into the ground, but I guess if I was Bum I would have done the same thing.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn

That was the game that made me an Oiler fan for life. I was 10 yrs old watching that game with my dad. It was the best sports moment of my young life. I cried when they lost to the Steelers in the playoffs.

I stuck by the Oilers for a lot of years, The Eddie Biles years were the worst. The total folding flot against the Buffalo Bills in 92. My worst moment was when they left Houston and became the Tennessee Oilers. That broke me for the NFL and I haven't followed NFL football ever since.

Earl was an absolute beast at Texas and his first four or five years with the Oilers. Being as I'm a huge Cowboys fan, I wasn't a big Oilers fan, but I always rooted for Earl to do well. He is a Texas legend!

Hook'em!

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
That was the game that made me an Oiler fan for life. I was 10 yrs old watching that game with my dad. It was the best sports moment of my young life. I cried when they lost to the Steelers in the playoffs.

I stuck by the Oilers for a lot of years, The Eddie Biles years were the worst. The total folding flot against the Buffalo Bills in 92. My worst moment was when they left Houston and became the Tennessee Oilers. That broke me for the NFL and I haven't followed NFL football ever since.

This x 10. My feelings exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT