ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer said no thanks?

Bevo1979

Feb 26, 2007
Did Urban Meyer turn down the job? Looks like he may have and now we are back to square one. This is what you get when you play the slow game. Tom Herman should have been let go last Sunday.

Link? Is this coming from 247? Beware of that site. There are a lot of enemies that don't want UM at Texas.

I seriously doubt this is true. He may ultimately turn down the job but I don’t believe he has yet.

Did Urban Meyer turn down the job? Looks like he may have and now we are back to square one. This is what you get when you play the slow game. Tom Herman should have been let go last Sunday.

Based on what? Please provide a credible source.

This is what happens when you pussyfoot around and do things ass backward.
This is the problem with the situation if Meyer doesn’t come here it will ultimately be “Texas fault”. It’s very possible(maybe even likely) that Urban just doesn’t want to, or can’t really coach right now.

This is the problem with the situation if Meyer doesn’t come here it will ultimately be “Texas fault”. It’s very possible(maybe even likely) that Urban just doesn’t want to, or can’t really coach right now.
That's not the issue. It goes much deeper than that. At least that's what I am being told.

Can y'all imagine the acrimony if turtlin tom returns next year? WoW!!! The pessimism will be out the roof.

Reactions: Aron2581

Then someone needs to come out and say that shit. I think the much more likely scenario is what has been stated...CDC doesn't want to fire Herman without a commitment from UM...and UM wants the opposite.

Assbackward. This "waiting to see if we can lose one more game to justify firing him" stuff is ridiculous.

Tom Herman is a mediocre head coach. He does nothing elite. Mack was fired after 4 mediocre seasons and he won a natty and played for another one. What the hell has Herman ever done?

We will not have continual 10 win seasons with the occasional playoff appearance with Herman. We will have continual 8 win season with the occasional 10 wins season.

Reactions: Gunny46
Then someone needs to come out and say that shit. I think the much more likely scenario is what has been stated...CDC doesn't want to fire Herman without a commitment from UM...and UM wants the opposite.

Assbackward. This "waiting to see if we can lose one more game to justify firing him" stuff is ridiculous.

Tom Herman is a mediocre head coach. He does nothing elite. Mack was fired after 4 mediocre seasons and he won a natty and played for another one. What the hell has Herman ever done?

We will not have continual 10 win seasons with the occasional playoff appearance with Herman. We will have continual 8 win season with the occasional 10 wins season.
I can kind of see CDC’s side of it. If I’m going to buy a guy out for 15 million dollars I don’t want to find out after the fact that the guy I wanted was just jerking me around. That makes complete sense to me.

Reactions: tc144509
Ok, do tell.... You can't do that to us.
Again, this is second hand. The climate in Austin has been off putting for some time now. Now if you're urban's wife--- and she knows stress is an issue, you coming to Austin, or are you living in Malibu where hubby can go 1 to the 10 on a straight shot to work everyday? Plus the boosters, the politics, the infighting over traditions etc etc. Usc is less money but also less stress. Urban doesn't need the money.

Again, this is second hand. The climate in Austin has been off putting for some time now. Now if you're urban's wife--- and she knows stress is an issue, you coming to Austin, or are you living in Malibu where hubby can go 1 to the 10 on a straight shot to work everyday? Plus the boosters, the politics, the infighting over traditions etc etc. Usc is less money but also less stress. Urban doesn't need the money.

So he is looking at USC?

Well we tried and back to square one. I'm not sure Mullen is the answer and to be honest he will get a raise to stay at FL. I know people have said to give Briles a call but I dont see it happening. This is not a good look for us is Urban Meyer says no in my opinion. With the boosters wanting to be involved it will drive coaches away. I guess we are the Dallas Cowgirls of college football.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces

download.jpg

Ya, the environment in Austin is toxic. As I have said many times, if I'm a booster and am bad mouthed like this, I would break out the bags. It's time to go nuclear.

Edit: Or take them back. I just read this:

Uh Bye

Last edited:
The latest report I read by Burton says no decision has been given to Texas. Doesn't mean Urband hasn't made a decision just he that he hasn't told Texas anything.

Reactions: EWNHorn
Perhaps we should let Clob speak for himself?
No it's ok man. He's right. USC is a blueblood school and Mrs Meyer knows they'd be living in Malibu which is what--- 30 miles I think? That's a quick drive. It probably takes 15-20 minutes to drive from town lake to the University during peak traffic. So an extra 10 whopping minutes to live in Malibu isn't a big deal. Plus--- it's Malibu. Any of y'all ever been to Malibu? I hate California but the views in Malibu are the sh!t. The beaches in Malibu are the sh!t. The houses in Malibu are the sh!t. The restaurants in Malibu are the sh!t.
We've got brisket and they've got ahi tuna served on the body of a naked lady. Plus it's a straight shot. Get on the 1 headed east and hop onto I-10 and you're there. Or you can take a chopper-- though I doubt choppers are very popular right now after Kobe.

Reactions: q1w2e3
No it's ok man. He's right. USC is a blueblood school and Mrs Meyer knows they'd be living in Malibu which is what--- 30 miles I think? That's a quick drive. It probably takes 15-20 minutes to drive from town lake to the University during peak traffic. So an extra 10 whopping minutes to live in Malibu isn't a big deal. Plus--- it's Malibu. Any of y'all ever been to Malibu? I hate California but the views in Malibu are the sh!t. The beaches in Malibu are the sh!t. The houses in Malibu are the sh!t. The restaurants in Malibu are the sh!t.
We've got brisket and they've got ahi tuna served on the body of a naked lady. Plus it's a straight shot. Get on the 1 headed east and hop onto I-10 and you're there. Or you can take a chopper-- though I doubt choppers are very popular right now after Kobe.
I live 30 minutes from Malibu so I'm quite familiar with the scene. My avatar is not me but it is a patriot holding the flag underneath the Manhattan Beach Pier during the early covid shutdowns.
You're right. The environment and views are to die for. From the 101 take Kanan Rd through the mountains to Malibu and you won't believe you're in the LA metro area. Just beautiful.
Malibu to USC is about 45 minutes. He could also live in Pacific Palisades or Manhattan Beach to shave 15-20 minutes off the commute if he wanted. Many pro athletes and coaches live in Manhattan Beach.
The USC folks are a different breed. They're so laid back one might think they don't care about winning. They do. The alumni hate Helton and want him gone. Something to keep an eye out on is the USC AD. Mike Bohn came to USC from Cincinnati; there could be common OH ties. I hope I'm right but I just don't see a Ohio high-strung mentality having the patience with laid-back USC folks - oil and water.
But, as Clob correctly noted, the stress would be lower at USC and I can personally attest to the fact that the fantastic weather has had a positive impact on my physical heath and well being.
We'll see.

Reactions: 071191mhW
Reggie Bush was quoted as saying he would actively recruit Meyer to USC when Meyer hired onto Fox. Hell if money isn’t an issue and you make plenty in the studio why on earth would he leave that for stress? I wouldn’t.

Reactions: HornSolo

The math is just crazy.

USC is absolutely hurting for money, I'd guess they could pay UM about 5 to 6 mil. Half of that goes to Taxes and another 10% goes to cost of living. That doesn't leave much.

Now Texas can pay him 12 million-ish. No state income tax. Lake Travis views. Now I won't compare living in Malibu to Austin, there is no comparison, but make your money in Texas for about 5 years and then live in Malibu with a hell of a lot more money. Seems logical to me.

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
I live 30 minutes from Malibu so I'm quite familiar with the scene. My avatar is not me but it is a patriot holding the flag underneath the Manhattan Beach Pier during the early covid shutdowns.
You're right. The environment and views are to die for. From the 101 take Kanan Rd through the mountains to Malibu and you won't believe you're in the LA metro area. Just beautiful.
Malibu to USC is about 45 minutes. He could also live in Pacific Palisades or Manhattan Beach to shave 15-20 minutes off the commute if he wanted. Many pro athletes and coaches live in Manhattan Beach.
The USC folks are a different breed. They're so laid back one might think they don't care about winning. They do. The alumni hate Helton and want him gone. Something to keep an eye out on is the USC AD. Mike Bohn came to USC from Cincinnati; there could be common OH ties. I hope I'm right but I just don't see a Ohio high-strung mentality having the patience with laid-back USC folks - oil and water.
But, as Clob correctly noted, the stress would be lower at USC and I can personally attest to the fact that the fantastic weather has had a positive impact on my physical heath and well being.
We'll see.
I hope you’re wearing your mask while posting.on your computer.......in your own home. ...I’m sure that’s a rule out there right?

Reactions: diadevic
The math is just crazy.

USC is absolutely hurting for money, I'd guess they could pay UM about 5 to 6 mil. Half of that goes to Taxes and another 10% goes to cost of living. That doesn't leave much.

Now Texas can pay him 12 million-ish. No state income tax. Lake Travis views. Now I won't compare living in Malibu to Austin, there is no comparison, but make your money in Texas for about 5 years and then live in Malibu with a hell of a lot more money. Seems logical to me.
And that’s where the Lori Laughlin’s of the world come in. They’re using that bribe money behind the scenes.

The math is just crazy.

I don't disagree with the math. If that's the only factor, it's a slam dunk!

I hope you’re wearing your mask while posting.on your computer.......in your own home. ...I’m sure that’s a rule out there right?
No mask for me as I'm the one actually following the science (99.6% recovery rate). I don't follow the "fake science" presented by the "fake news". I'm posting while wearing a shirt with "FREEDOM" emblazoned across the chest.

Sorry MM. I had to respond.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT