ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer

A couple of folks on here predicted this during the season, good call whoever it was.

I saw this coming. Question is, who will be OSU's next coach? I'm sure if they threw enough money at him, they could get Harbaugh. =)roll

On a serious note, I hope they fall off the map and suck for the next 20 years.
We knew it MM. We could smell it. You just can't teach those type of instincts. Regular
Hercule Poirot. Except I don't think either of us are Belgian.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Here's how this went down:

Osu had concrete proof that Urban knew about Zach and his shenanigans, and knew that his wife was unstable. Two people, both a little cray cray, we drawn together in what became a mutually abusive relationship. You know the type. We've all got at least one person we know that are involved in a mutually abusive "usually verbal" relationship. Crazy can smell crazy and because of the way pathology works, crazy is usually drawn to other crazies. Normal folks catch a whiff of crazy and just run. But some people are drawn to the drama, or the sex, or the adrenal roller coaster ride of "when I get home today, is this the day she tries to stab me, or lets me do anal?". Get your giggles in if you must, but it's true. There are folks that LIKE that.

So OSU has this proof and says to urban, "you've done well for us and if we fire you now, it's going to be a bad look for you and a bad look for the school. Plus, you're lawyer is a real a$$hole and we know that he'd file suit and this thing would just draaaaaaag on for months and ultimately effect us both long term. So let's do this---- finish the season out. We'll slap you with a 3 game suspension. You keep up appearances and keep echoing that you simply didn't know anything was going down. A few weeks down the road, let slip in the presser that you've been having some headaches. Just act like you let it slip. The press will run with it. Then later in the season, look like you're about to faint on the sidelines. It will be dramatic, compelling and garner you sympathy from John Q stupids in the public. After the year is over, announce that for health reasons, you'll be stepping down."

Urban gets paid. Ohio state gets a clean break. Everybody moves on.

But what it REALLY means is: Urban knew.

And I can promise you with 100% certainty that urban wasn't the only one that knew. The entire staff knew. But according to Title 9, it's the staffs job to tell the boss. Then it's the bosses job to tell him boss, the AD. Then it's the AD's job to tell his boss, the university prez. Then it's the prez's job to tell the board and take action. Tom is in the clear to be sure, but a smidge of credibility has been given over to Zach Smith now. And ironically, that same smidge of credibility has been given over to Mrs Smith as well.

It's a crappy situation all the way around, and there are no winners here: only the degree of losers. Urban will do what he did after leaving Florida, and within a couple of years will have his pick of jobs. Zach smith won't be able to coach pee wee football in outer Mongolia. His wife will start taking spin class at 5am so she can find another meal ticket, and the money wheels on the college football bus go round and round.

Uh you also said Murray wouldn’t win the Heisman:D. For the record, I was calling Mayfield for the Heisman last year too from early in the season right here on this board and caught copious amounts of grief. So, I’ll thank myself for the insight on both LOL.

Reactions: dsutton_85
A couple of folks on here predicted this during the season, good call whoever it was.

I'm quite sure most people around the country saw this coming. Just like many people probably picked 9-3 for Texas. Doesn't make anyone Nostradamus. Despite what one attention starved child around here would have you think. Lol

So is Urban's next gig in college or the NFL?? I don't' believe for a second that he is done with coaching. "Retiring" my ass....

Here's how this went down:

Osu had concrete proof that Urban knew about Zach and his shenanigans, and knew that his wife was unstable. Two people, both a little cray cray, we drawn together in what became a mutually abusive relationship. You know the type. We've all got at least one person we know that are involved in a mutually abusive "usually verbal" relationship. Crazy can smell crazy and because of the way pathology works, crazy is usually drawn to other crazies. Normal folks catch a whiff of crazy and just run. But some people are drawn to the drama, or the sex, or the adrenal roller coaster ride of "when I get home today, is this the day she tries to stab me, or lets me do anal?". Get your giggles in if you must, but it's true. There are folks that LIKE that.

@clob94 you would have made a pretty good cop. I guarantee your reports would have been a lot more fun to read than most. If your current gig doesn't work out, you can always throw in an app with NBPD....

@clob94 you would have made a pretty good cop. I guarantee your reports would have been a lot more fun to read than most. If your current gig doesn't work out, you can always throw in an app with NBPD....

Good god I can see it now. Career criminal gets out of jail for the 14th time. Clob arrests him for his 15th visit. Clob runs around the station telling anybody that already really doesn't want to listen, "I told you he'd be back. I said that. That's right. Weren't you listening." Lol

Good god I can see it now. Career criminal gets out of jail for the 14th time. Clob arrests him for his 15th visit. Clob runs around the station telling anybody that already really doesn't want to listen, "I told you he'd be back. I said that. That's right. Weren't you listening." Lol
Are you familiar with what a dirty sanchez is? Because you're flirting with being a recipient.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I saw this coming. Question is, who will be OSU's next coach? I'm sure if they threw enough money at him, they could get Harbaugh. =)roll

Ryan Day the announced successor...

Can't tell you how much I would love to see this. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Whatever the reasons, and unlike Texas, tOSU knows how to keep their football program running at a consistently high level. We have as many losing seasons in the last nine years as they have in the last 71.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT