ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer

So, our 2 options are UM or stay with Tom another year? Then what?

Next year, UM says no......another year of TH because we can't start over with another mediocre coach. Year 3 rolls around and no UM. Hey Tommy, we need you to cancel the Uhaul.
We're in to year 4 and no UM.

Meanwhile, we haven't come within a 100 miles of the playoff, "The Eyes of Texas" has been replaced by "F*ck The Police", our colors are now black and orange because white uniforms are systemically racist, and the football team tears down DKR's statue. All under the guidance and leadership of our unic coach.

The longer that TH is allowed to have influence over our program, the worse it's going to get.

Next year, UM says no......another year of TH because we can't start over with another mediocre coach. Year 3 rolls around and no UM. Hey Tommy, we need you to cancel the Uhaul.

Meanwhile, we haven't come within a 100 miles of the playoff, "The Eyes of Texas" has been replaced by "F*ck The Police", our colors are now black and orange because white uniforms are systemically racist, and the football team tears down DKR's statue. All under the guidance and leadership of our unic coach.

The longer that TH is allowed to have influence over our program, the worse it's going to get.

Very valid points.

Reactions: StrangerHorn

There will be no funding for this. Stundents can't fund the athletic department. It will go bankrupt. They already don't have enogh money to pay the coaches and admin.. It's on thin ice. Donors are pissed and aren't donating money. They aren't worried about losses as much as running out of money.

Reactions: StrangerHorn

i didn't say eternally. i'm saying "NEXT year".

Well, I am still holding out for the Pirate at Texas, he would purge the shit at Texas....

125271225-816849082437355-2024544602338636829-n.jpg

I still say DKR was the best Coach wed ever had and will be to me and the Burnt Orange and White will always be the colors and the EOT will always be sung by somebody! Why shit, or next yr we will have all Black uniforms like the old Tech team, with white Longhorn Helmets if this shit continues

At some point you have to hire people and trust them to do their job. I don't understand how this is so hard.

We must hire this coach. Why are other big time programs able to successfully identify and hire quality coaches? If you assume that the next coach we hire is going to fail because the last 2 failed, we might as well just give up football.

How often do you attempt to do something, fail twice, and just give up?

Herman deserves at least one full year “Covid free” with “his players” to truly judge the results. Doesn’t he deserve that?

• Haha
Reactions: DrinkToIt
Herman deserves at least one full year “Covid free” with “his players” to truly judge the results. Doesn’t he deserve that?
Not just NO. Hell NO. All programs had to deal with the Rona. Just like a windy, rainy game day affects both teams or slick greens affect all golf players. No team gets to use the Rona as an excuse. Nice try! 😀

With USC moving to 3-0. The odds of them making a play for Meyer are getting slimmer

A few people on here wanted PJ Fleck to be considered. Not naming any names. You know who you are. That guy is a joke. :rolleyes:
I’d still take Fleck over Herman... Minnesota isn’t a place where you are going to win consistently. They won 10 games in the regular season last year and that was their best season since like 1898. There are only a handful of programs that can recruit consistently enough to be a 9-12 game winner year in and year out. That’s why coaches get to those programs as quickly as they can in most cases

With USC moving to 3-0. The odds of them making a play for Meyer are getting slimmer

I really didn't see USC making a move towards Meyer anyway. They have a new ad from U Cincinnati which is where Luke Ferdette is currently coaching. The same Cincinnati that is ranked #7. If Clay Helton is fired USC might make a play for him. But this is just a guess on my part. And that guy on ESPN, David Pollack, was saying that LF would be good fit at MI Big X Midwestern ties and all. Really were all just speculating.

And here's the situation at USC. Although they are undefeated they're only ranked 20th. And they haven't won convincingly enough for the LA crowd that's just how it is there. He may have to win the Pac XII XII outright to save his job.

I really didn't see USC making a move towards Meyer anyway. They have a new ad from U Cincinnati which is where Luke Ferdette is currently coaching. The same Cincinnati that is ranked #7. If Clay Helton is fired USC might make a play for him. But this is just a guess on my part. And that guy on ESPN, David Pollack, was saying that LF would be good fit at MI Big X Midwestern ties and all. Really were all just speculating.

And here's the situation at USC. Although they are undefeated they're only ranked 20th. And they haven't won convincingly enough for the LA crowd that's just how it is there. He may have to win the Pac XII XII outright to save his job.
I think Luke Fickle would be a good get for anyone. 2 straight 11 win seasons, 8-0 this year. Not an easy accomplishment for any program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT