ADVERTISEMENT

USC may be 9-2 going in to ND game

KStateFootball82

Jan 8, 2017
4-2 after yesterday with 5 very winnable next games before ND.

A Key for Texas in playoff hunt. Need them in win out.

we arent going to the playoff at 11-1 without something catastrophic happening

Umm.. I think you're wrong here. If we go 12-1, we will be in. I don't see the teams ahead of us winning out. ND has to lose.... very possible. Clemson has to lose... not likely, they have the weakest ass sched I have ever seen. LSU to lose to Bama or LSU to win SEC. Meechigan to lose to OSU. This can happen. I would put at 50-50.

However, we are prolly going to lose at some point. I still see the game in Lubbock as a problem.

The news on Sam is good. We need to see more of Ingram and more of Young. Young at the end of the game pounding the D into submission. That's how we could control the game when we have the lead.

i got news for ya, ND doesnt have to lose, clemson doesnt have to lose, and 1 loss bama or uga or lsu will get in before us. 1 loss ND gets in before us, 1 loss Michigan gets in before us. our loss is too bad to overcome even tho it was the first week of the season and we made a ton of improvements.

i got news for ya, ND doesnt have to lose, clemson doesnt have to lose, and 1 loss bama or uga or lsu will get in before us. 1 loss ND gets in before us, 1 loss Michigan gets in before us. our loss is too bad to overcome even tho it was the first week of the season and we made a ton of improvements.

So much fail, If Texas wins out it will be the top rated 1 loss team in the country. That is unless Bama drops a game. Texas would Monkey stop Notre Dame, Michigan, and every SEC team not named Bama, Georgia or LSU. Yes, I'm including a overrated Florida team. Most important is that our resume will be so much better than Most of the schools out there considering we already have beaten 3 top 20 teams and will be facing 2 more in the coming weeks before we have to play what amounts to another top 10 Oklahoma.

What's more is that Texas is the biggest name in college football and no way they keep Texas out unless all the teams ahead of them are undefeated.

Fellas, talking Big 12 Championship right now is only setting yourself up for major disappointment. I'd be thrilled with 9 or 10 wins and a nice bowl win. This is the emptiest I've ever felt about a top ten ranking. We are just not that good yet.

Could I be wrong? Of course, but then I'm just setting myself up for a fantastic surprise.

Fellas, talking Big 12 Championship right now is only setting yourself up for major disappointment. I'd be thrilled with 9 or 10 wins and a nice bowl win. This is the emptiest I've ever felt about a top ten ranking. We are just not that good yet.

Could I be wrong? Of course, but then I'm just setting myself up for a fantastic surprise.

Oh, I agree. I just was arguing against the idea that a 12-1 team doesn't go to the playoff after this weekends upsets.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I will judge this season after it is over. Right now I am seeing a team that can and should win every game on it's remaining schedule. At the beginning of this season I saw us as a 2 loss team, and maybe I was right, but for now I will talk about playoffs because it is very real possibility. I will continue to talk about it until it is no longer a possibility. Then I will talk about bowl games. None of what we say is going to affect the outcome of these games and above worry about being let down. We are in the right direction and that is all I wanted out of this season.

Reactions: HornDrummer
No bro. You are not wrong. You are 100% correct.

We are a top 10 team only because of attrition. While it would appear that Texas making the playoff would be a good thing, trust me, it won't. We would likely be a 4 seed. Care to guess who we would be pitted against?

An alabama team with a QB that has yet to take a snap in the 4th quarter. Just deal with it. The only team that can beat Bama, is Bama. They are THAT good. Do you really want Texas to go into the signing period with the fresh taste of Bama hanging a half a hundo on us to be on the lips of recruits?

The best outcome for us is banging out 9-10 wins, going to a cotton or Fiesta bowl and beating a Michigan or U dub calibre of team. That virtually assures us of a top 5-10 recruiting class AND a much better taste in our mouth (victory) going into the off season instead of having to listen to every recruiting coordinator remind every recruit how we got donkey punched by an sec team.

No bro. You are not wrong. You are 100% correct.

We are a top 10 team only because of attrition. While it would appear that Texas making the playoff would be a good thing, trust me, it won't. We would likely be a 4 seed. Care to guess who we would be pitted against?

An alabama team with a QB that has yet to take a snap in the 4th quarter. Just deal with it. The only team that can beat Bama, is Bama. They are THAT good. Do you really want Texas to go into the signing period with the fresh taste of Bama hanging a half a hundo on us to be on the lips of recruits?

The best outcome for us is banging out 9-10 wins, going to a cotton or Fiesta bowl and beating a Michigan or U dub calibre of team. That virtually assures us of a top 5-10 recruiting class AND a much better taste in our mouth (victory) going into the off season instead of having to listen to every recruiting coordinator remind every recruit how we got donkey punched by an sec team.

Any post that starts off stating Metcalf is 100% correct is naturally a work of art.

However, I disagree on Bama. No we aren't ready for them of course, but I'm not sold that they're so great. They've played absolutely no one. The worst schedule in the $EC. All that will be changing soon.

Will they even know how to act when all of a sudden they have to play a full game? Because I promise you, when they take their happy little asses to Baton Rouge for a night game, they're gonna have to.

I said it a few weeks ago, and I stand by it. The Richter scale will be going off that night, and the alligators will be whipped into a frenzy by the smell of crimson blood in the swamp. LSU drops Bama. Book it.

I agree with clob, 100%. We don’t want Bama. We are not ready yet. Not this year. Saban’s defense would destroy our QBs because our OL is not strong enough.

L18WNb

Any post that starts off stating Metcalf is 100% correct is naturally a work of art.

However, I disagree on Bama. No we aren't ready for them of course, but I'm not sold that they're so great. They've played absolutely no one. The worst schedule in the $EC. All that will be changing soon.

Will they even know how to act when all of a sudden they have to play a full game? Because I promise you, when they take their happy little asses to Baton Rouge for a night game, they're gonna have to.

I said it a few weeks ago, and I stand by it. The Richter scale will be going off that night, and the alligators will be whipped into a frenzy by the smell of crimson blood in the swamp. LSU drops Bama. Book it.

I'm with you 100 on LSU. The tigers are for real. That was no fluke they have a better team than GA this year. And like you I think they can and will beat Bama. In fact I have a**holeU and LSU 1&2.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I agree with clob, 100%. We don’t want Bama. We are not ready yet. Not this year. Saban’s defense would destroy our QBs because our OL is not strong enough.
You are worried about their weaker unit. Their defense is good as always, their offense is unfreakin believable. Their OL and RB's are as always, their WR's and Tua are the best in the nation. Only way anybody beats them is Tua getting hurt, with Hurts playing they are beatable - but still probably the best team in the country.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Did ya'll hear the story of the Bull and his son looking down on a buncha heifers? and the son says Dad, Lets go down and F one of them and the Dad say , no son we gonna go down and F them all, that should be our motto, and who knows , Bama is beatable , any teams beatable, their starting QB hurt his leg this week end and if not then we oughta be proud of how far we did get! But, I want OU ass one more time to stick Micco up Bevo's ass and eat some good stuff for making fun of Schultz!

Hook'em

WE could be the little engine that could beat Bama!

Hook'em

Let me get this strait? Some fans would rather not go to the playoffs. They fear embarrassment with a big loss. There were OU fans posting they were embarrassed by the Clemson game. This world is going to shit. Anyway OU ended up # 4 in one poll and #3 in the other final poll. You damn sure ain’t winning if you ain’t there!

Reactions: HornDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT