ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP game thread??

LOL! Anybody watching Texas Gameday. They had a social justice roundtable. The only specific example of racism that I heard was (I think the Michigan guy) that said just because he wears sweat pants, a hoodie and Michael Jordans around campus, somebody asked him if he was on the football or basketball team. Poor baby is so discriminated against. I must admit, I had to change the channel until that segment was over. There could have been other examples

LOL! Anybody watching Texas Gameday. They had a social justice roundtable. The only specific example of racism that I heard was (I think the Michigan guy) that said just because he wears sweat pants, a hoodie and Michael Jordans around campus, somebody asked him if he was on the football or basketball team. Poor baby is so discriminated against. I must admit, I had to change the channel until that segment was over. There could have been other examples

I was speaking to a friend of mine in Cali today, She was accused of racism by a student of hers yesterday. Her sin? She asked the student if he was awake, because he had his hood pulled over his head and he was slumped over on his desk. She's counting the days to retirement.

Strike up the Show Band of the Southwest!!! Touchdown Texas!!

In case anybody is interested, the UTEP helmets have a "LUKE" decal on the back. This is in honor of Luke Laufenberg (The son of Babe Laufenberg) who played at UTEP. Unfortunately, he succumbed to cancer last year after being in remission. He was 21.

Last edited:
Well, its a warm up game alright! UTEP looks like a HS team...Texas needs some competition to find out where they are...

Looks like Gameday been taking over by BLM, everyone wearing Black

I saw Whittington limp off field right before half. Report says not returning tonight. Geez.

Good game. You should roll UTEP and we rolled UTEP so mission accomplished. Really impressed with the WR group. That as a group under preformed and was the source of a lot of drama. Nice to see that group step up. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out but I feel like Herman has a real coaching staff around him for the first time at Texas and it isn’t just a Tom Herman bro frat house. That should pay off.

Reactions: McGarnagle
It was only UTEP, however, I really liked Yurcich's game plan. The running game wasn't very explosive, but I thought the offense in general was a huge improvement from past years.

Last edited:
Reactions: McGarnagle
ADVERTISEMENT