ADVERTISEMENT

Very tragic news for the Ehlinger family

What would lead you to believe it an od?
Young, athletic, healthy kids don't just drop dead. Their heart is monitored regularly for irregularities... so that ruled out. Nobody murdered him, so that's ruled out. I have have hard time believing he willingly did you you himself because his brother just got drafted...... I don't think he'd slip on a banana peal and have a accident..... he's a good athlete.

So I'm running out of viable reasons.

I have a heavy heart if this is the case. Kids are vulnerable and wreckless in their youth. Been there, done that. My best wishes to the Ehlinger family. I couldn't imagine losing a son like this. Hopefully the investigation will clear things up. My heart is heavy.

Young, athletic, healthy kids don't just drop dead. Their heart is monitored regularly for irregularities... so that ruled out. Nobody murdered him, so that's ruled out. I have have hard time believing he willingly did you you himself because his brother just got drafted...... I don't think he'd slip on a banana peal and have a accident..... he's a good athlete.

So I'm running out of viable reasons.

It could still be a cardiac arrest. I know of at least 2 cases of cardiac arrests where the individuals survived only because someone happened to spot them soon after it happened (few minutes). If there was any delay, those would have been fatal. I also know of cases where this was not spotted, and the individual passed away on the spot.

It could still be a cardiac arrest. I know of at least 2 cases of cardiac arrests where the individuals survived only because someone happened to spot them soon after it happened (few minutes). If there was any delay, those would have been fatal. I also know of cases where this was not spotted, and the individual passed away on the spot.
Agreed..... but Texas purposely monitors these kids hearts. It would have to be something REALLY odd.

I hope this wasn't a suicide. Unfortunately, too many young boys and girls are resorting to taking their lives these days. Just truly sad. A co-worker of mine years ago killed himself out of the blue. Just shocking and inexplicable to everyone. He was completely normal and joking with us at the office then later that evening shot himself. The family sued several pharmaceutical companies for drugs he was taking to alleviate pain related to a neck surgery he had undergone about 2 weeks prior to his death. They were convinced that the drugs caused him to behave erratically and have suicidal thoughts. Who knows...

The best bet for everyone is let the investigation run it's course. So far i've heard drug overdose, suicide, cardiac arrest? God dam man, there will be a conclusion when the conclusion is found. Son!

Reactions: doc2rouge
Very sorry to hear this. My most sincere condolences to the Ehlinger family as well as the entire extended Longhorn family.

Reactions: Motherlonghorn
Until an official statement is made on the cause of death, all we're going to hear are rumors and speculation.
Right. Why as humans do we feel like we need to guess in situations like this. If you’re right I hope you don’t beat your chest. If you’re wrong well that just means you don’t know shit. It’s a tragic death for any family but having them lose their father in his 40’s and now their brother/son in his 20’s.

This is not the greatest of threads to revisit I know but was there any information given on the cause of Jake’s passing?

Reactions: EWNHorn
I haven't seen anything anywhere. This might go down as a mystery much like what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. Only makes me think its something bad. If it's like David Carradine I wouldn't want it released either.

I haven't seen anything anywhere. This might go down as a mystery much like what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. Only makes me think its something bad. If it's like David Carradine I wouldn't want it released either.
If it were a medical condition, they'd have released it to quell the rumor mill. They haven't. It's been what--- 6 weeks since his death? Autopsy report shouldn't take that long.

If it were a medical condition, they'd have released it to quell the rumor mill. They haven't. It's been what--- 6 weeks since his death? Autopsy report shouldn't take that long.

Agreed. It's almost certainly being suppressed.

ADVERTISEMENT