ADVERTISEMENT

Very tragic news for the Ehlinger family

I had a friend in high school. 4 years after graduation, his parents were out of town, he had 3 0r 4 of us over on Saturday night. We smoked and drank, played some pool. I was going to work for my uncle for the summer, then medical school. 2 others were going on to grad school. Damon's parents wouldn't support him for a PhD English. Monday, I drove to Tyler. When Damon's parents came home Sunday night, he was dead. They were Catholic, nobody had invented the cell phone. I found out weeks later. I don't think that there was a funeral or obit, he was just gone.

I hate hate to start rumors. But I know some Texas sorority girls who knew Jake. He was seen the night before he died on Zanax and possibly coke. Apparently it was an overdose or a lethal mixture of Zanax, coke, and alcohol. It was no secret that he liked Zanax. I saw the same info being said on burnt orange nation.

Again, this is all coming from the sorority girls I know. If I’m overstepping my boundaries then please feel free to delete this post.

• Sad
Reactions: echeese
L0.
I hate hate to start rumors. But I know some Texas sorority girls who knew Jake. He was seen the night before he died on Zanax and possibly coke. Apparently it was an overdose or a lethal mixture of Zanax, coke, and alcohol. It was no secret that he liked Zanax. I saw the same info being said on burnt orange nation.

Again, this is all coming from the sorority girls I know. If I’m overstepping my boundaries then please feel free to delete this post.

I've heard it was an OD as well.... but this wouldn't be the first time a student died of an OD, so I'm not sure why they are hiding it. The Ehlingers, bless them all, aren't the Kennedys. Really surprising the official cause of death for someone that well known would be suppressed over an OD.

I have no idea if this with Ehlinger was an overdose or not but I saw an article the other day about a beautiful 18 year old girl who decided to take some Xanax given to her, on graduation night and never woke up. Apparently it was bought on the street and laced with fentanyl. The guy that sold it to her is being charged with her death. People are playing with fire with drugs especially nowadays.

I never was interested in drugs growing up, just beer.

L0.

I've heard it was an OD as well.... but this wouldn't be the first time a student died of an OD, so I'm not sure why they are hiding it. The Ehlingers, bless them all, aren't the Kennedys. Really surprising the official cause of death for someone that well known would be suppressed over an OD.
Jenna Ehlinger lost a husband to a sudden death and now a son to another sudden death. Maybe she wants to grieve in private. Leave her be.

Jenna Ehlinger lost a husband to a sudden death and now a son to another sudden death. Maybe she wants to grieve in private. Leave her be.

I'm not messing with her... this is a public forum and this thread is about Jake Ehlinger, a football player at UT who happens to be the brother of Sam, a UT legend who was just drafted by the Colts. Jake died very suspiciously and his death has been made confidential for some reason... the word is that it was drug overdose... why should that be suppressed? Every parent grieves when a child dies. Get out of here with that.

I'm not messing with her... this is a public forum and this thread is about Jake Ehlinger, a football player at UT who happens to be the brother of Sam, a UT legend who was just drafted by the Colts. Jake died very suspiciously and his death has been made confidential for some reason... the word is that it was drug overdose... why should that be suppressed? Every parent grieves when a child dies. Get out of here with that.
It still ain't your kid

It still ain't your kid

No it's not. So? You know how many people's kids die every day? A lot. How many are celebrities? Not as many. How many causes of death are hidden? Some I assume. That doesn't mean people aren't entitled to ask questions. Don't like it? Don't be famous.

Um....? I get your point but unless I missed something I don’t think Drinktoit went to her house asking for details. It’s a tragic deal and may be like what happened to Austin Box several years back. I truly don’t believe anyone on this board that has posted has any ill will or the intentions of looking down on the folks involved. Just my .02.

I don't care if his brother was a TX legend and I don't care if this is a public forum. Even if it was an od, and sadly this appears to be the case, we need to give this story a rest. I'm talking about the Ehlinger family not just his mother. They don't want to talk about it and we should respect that and give this story a rest.

I don't care if his brother was a TX legend and I don't care if this is a public forum. Even if it was an od, and sadly this appears to be the case, we need to give this story a rest. I'm talking about the Ehlinger family not just his mother. They don't want to talk about it and we should respect that and give this story a rest.

You give it a rest then. No one is forcing you to comment on this thread.

I think you need to give it a rest.

This board will talk about it without your consent. Who are you?

Reactions: DrinkToIt
Let me ask this of the younger folks on here: What on earth is the allure of taking xanax etc for recreational use? Especially when the dangers of these drugs being laced are well known? When I was 18 I was literally scared to try anything other than beer? I don't get it. So many deaths are easily preventable it's sad.

Last edited:
Let me ask this of the younger folks on here: What on earth is the allure of taking xanax etc for recreational use? Especially when the dangers of these drugs being laced are well known? When I was 18 I was literally scared to try anything other than beer? I don't get it. So many deaths are easily preventable it's sad.
There’s younger folks on here?

You smoked pot in high school at least once.

But seriously, here's what Xanax does to you.

And no, I've done Xanax 1 time in my life and it was the morning of my LASIC surgery and given to my by a doctor-- but I know people-- and some of them have had to fight that addiction.

Xanax effects everyone differently. There's several factors that will determine how it effects you. How much do you weigh? Are you a fat body lard ass or are you 5% body fat? How fast or slow is your metabolism? Do you have health conditions like diabetes or heart issues?
Are you drinking booze while taking it?

So what Xanax does is it sloooooows

Every

Thing

Dooooooownnnn.

Kids today feel as though they are failures if they don't have 5000 followers on social media by the time they are 12. And because if that, because many of the fvcking parents in the country bought their kids iphones and iPads before they were old enough to wipe their own asses-- all these kids see now is some 9 year old Call of Duty champ who has a half million followers and broadcasts his YouTube show three times a week and has 300k worth if video screens and 3D software with all the latest do dads.

And here's this 14 year old that's never kissed a girl, he won't even talk to them because he's got ZERO confidence, in fact he only talks to girls through his Turtle Beach headset in a video game lobby. And he feels like a failure because he's really good at Call of Duty. And he's really good at Mine Craft. In fact, he's better than this 9 year old at most all games, yet the 9 year old has as many followers as Phoenix has people and this 14 year has only 9. And 5 of those are family.

So life us over for this kid. He'll never be a social media influencer or celebrity.

So to cope with this rejection and loneliness, he tries a Xanax that his neighbor that he kinda knows, stole from his mom. Next thing you know, the kid wants more Xanax, but his neighbors mom caught him stealing it so now he's got to go find a different source.

He asks around school and finds a dealer. He buys from the dealer for months. Everything is cool. Life is better when he's zoned out of the world. Grades go to sh!t but that doesn't matter-- because his life is already over with. He's failed for the first time--- and he can't deal with it.
Then one day, the dealers supply is getting low because his supplier has heat on him from the cops, so he's got to buy his supply from a different source. Turns out the different source is a fvcking meth junky who is selling some hot doses laced with fentanyl. Meth junky doesn't know it. Dealer doesn't know it. Xanax video game 14 year old doesn't know it.

Kid takes the pill, his lungs and heart slow down, he passes out, he dies from a lack of oxygen to the brain.

I can directly trace this sh!t to 2 things.

1. Soccer moms in the late 80s making sure everybody got a trophy.
2. Social media.

The Sackler family is worth 11 billion dollars. They don't give a fvck about pride.
They will. They are about to get carved up like a goat at passover. The next 10 years are going to be the worst decade ever recorded on this earf. Credit bubbles don't end well for the greedy. Ask Marie A how the French Revolution went down. The war, murder, disease and starvation are going to kill 20-30% of the planet. The covid hysteria has ushered in another great depression. It's just kicking off now. We are in the 1928-29 phase now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-off-flakes-of-gold-to-pay-for-meals-haircuts

Last edited:
The day after he passed I knew exactly what it was but didn't want to say it out of respect. Healthy 20 year old kids don't just die mysteriously in their sleep. This is sad for the Ehlinger family and he is just one of the thousands who have died from this fentanyl crisis we have going on in this country right now.

The Sackler family must be so proud.
The root cause of the American opioid crisis is not the drug companies. It's the university departments of pain management. Their theory that early and often narcotic administration would be safe led to the epidemic.

ADVERTISEMENT