ADVERTISEMENT

Vic Schaeffer's Job about to get easier?

What’s her beef with the administration?
Who knows for sure - she's been there 20 years, maybe time for a new challenge. The only thing I've seen is the location of the proposed new arena. It was proposed two years ago, to be built next to the existing Ferrell Center on the river, but got shelved due to Covid. It has picked up steam because of the success of both programs. Now the City has proposed some land on the west side of I-35 closer to down town, a little bit further from campus. Mulkey made some comments that she was promised an on campus arena, and this has supposedly created a riff with the AD. If true - the AD is replaceable and she isn't!!!

Wasn’t this supposedly a done deal a few years back after Fargas had a terrible season? I’ll believe it when I see it.

Edit: Then again, the posters on sicem365 sure seem to think it’s happening.

Last edited:
Wasn’t this supposedly a done deal a few years back after Fargas had a terrible season? I’ll believe it when I see it.

Edit: Then again, the posters on sicem365 sure seem to think it’s happening.
Yeah sounds like it is. Not surprised she has problems with the admin. She’s constantly complaining about something.

Reactions: outhereincali
Serious white trash
I'm not sure about being white trash but the woman is seriously unenlightened. Her players have been critical of her social views things that can't be ignored. Her comment after the loss to UConn made me shake my head. She has a national reputation on this. But give the lady her due she's been successful her entire career.

Dyk that she played on the US women's team that won the gold medal on the 84 Olympics?

I'm not sure about being white trash but the woman is seriously unenlightened. Her players have been critical of her social views things that can't be ignored. Her comment after the loss to UConn made me shake my head. She has a national reputation on this. But give the lady her due she's been successful her entire career.

Dyk that she played on the US women's team that won the gold medal on the 84 Olympics?
You are truly a nut. ”Unenlightened”???

Regardless - she gone. Way to go Board of Regents - the same group that hired Kevin Steele and Dave Bliss. The same group that didn’t have a Freaking Title IX office leading to the demise of Briles. And now this national embarrassment. We are so inept - anytime we taste a tiny bit of success, we manage to embarrass ourselves nationally. Good luck and Godspeed to Coach Mulkey - the best thing that ever happened to BU. And to AD Rhodes and President Livingstone - may you be held accountable for your leadership that so pissed off a 3 time national champion/11 straight time conference winning coach that she would rather start over in a 10x more difficult conference. Way to go. Where do I buy tickets for the Conference USA tournament?

Reactions: westx
Looking back over the last couple of days of posts, I'm really surprised at the number of fans on the sicem365 forum who seemed completely fine with the possibility of losing Mulkey. A number of them really seemed to want the Baylor AD to call her bluff and let her walk.

I absolutely detest Mulkey, but I figured Baylor fans would all be diehard supporters of her (for many of the same reasons that I can't stand her). Any insight on that, diadevic?

You are truly a nut. ”Unenlightened”???

Regardless - she gone. Way to go Board of Regents - the same group that hired Kevin Steele and Dave Bliss. The same group that didn’t have a Freaking Title IX office leading to the demise of Briles. And now this national embarrassment. We are so inept - anytime we taste a tiny bit of success, we manage to embarrass ourselves nationally. Good luck and Godspeed to Coach Mulkey - the best thing that ever happened to BU. And to AD Rhodes and President Livingstone - may you be held accountable for your leadership that so pissed off a 3 time national champion/11 straight time conference winning coach that she would rather start over in a 10x more difficult conference. Way to go. Where do I buy tickets for the Conference USA tournament?

Surely that comment is in jest, right?

Those Baptist have to give someone a hard time
the Baptists have a record of not giving any crap at all of anything going on in their sports programs as long as they win. I guarantee if you took a poll in Waco Art Bryles would be rehired.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
ADVERTISEMENT