ADVERTISEMENT

Visiting Austin- Suggestions For My First UT Football Game?

Tampa_cat54

Apr 22, 2011
Hey guys! Kentucky fan here but I will be in Austin for Labor Day weekend for a bachelor party, and we have bought tickets to go to the game on Saturday (nose bleeds).

Would love some suggestions about best places/areas to hang out before the game where we can walk to the stadium?

Any good areas to go to to get some drinks, watch other games earlier in the day, and then be able to walk over?

Any suggestions would be big time! Excited to see some big time college football- Hook Em!!

Schloz's Beer Garten is a must and is within walking distance to the stadium. Cool place and great gameday atmosphere. You will see lots of large tailgate parties set up in the vicinity of Scholz's. Most everyone is very welcoming of other fans at the tailgates.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Schloz's Beer Garten is a must and is within walking distance to the stadium. Cool place and great gameday atmosphere. You will see lots of large tailgate parties set up in the vicinity of Scholz's. Most everyone is very welcoming of other fans at the tailgates.
How is the homeless camp situation between Scholz's and DKR?

1. Are you a chick?
If yes, do you have big cans?
If no, fbck off, I don't know any good spots to hang at.

2. If you are a chick with big cans, there are several spots I can recommend.

Get back to me with a full body photo to proceed.

1. Are you a chick?
If yes, do you have big cans?
If no, fbck off, I don't know any good spots to hang at.

2. If you are a chick with big cans, there are several spots I can recommend.

Get back to me with a full body photo to proceed.
Damn dude that whole Miss USA deal got to you. Now you’re asking for bikini and night gown pics from everyone. Do you need to see one of me in my speedo?

Last edited:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
Damn dude that whole Miss USA deal got to you. Now you’re asking for bikini and night gown pics from everyone. Do you need to see one of me in my speedo?
The fact that you'd even admit to owning or wearing a speedo tells me all I need to know.

Reactions: Belldozer1
How is the homeless camp situation between Scholz's and DKR?
I haven't beem to a UT game in about 10 years but I used to have some UT buddies take me quite often, spent quite a few days at Scholz's for pregame and most of the 2nd half of all the games I attended. Is there really a homeless camp between there and the stadium?

I was in Austin this week. There was a referendum banning "camping" in the city limits this spring that passed. There were no tents on Town Lake. I think the homeless problem is much diminished.
It is somewhat diminished, but still a large population. There are still lots of tents under overpasses. I think they have cleared out a lot of the streets in or around downtown, but it’s still there.

ADVERTISEMENT