ADVERTISEMENT

W-L Predictions for Conference Play

Bwilk55

Jan 24, 2016
9/28 @ Iowa State - W, 10 days to prepare and a strong defensive effort allow Texas to shake the curse of Ames and come away with a comfortable win.

10/07 K State - W, another long week of preparation and a defense that dominates K-state's conservative attack leads to a win at home against the wizard in a relatively low scoring game.

10/14 OU and 10/21 OSU - L/L or W/L, The two toughest games remaining on the schedule. I could see us splitting these or losing both. Hopefully by this point the O-line has settled in a bit but I imagine the offense will still be too inconsistent and one dimensional to keep up with these two high powered teams. Much like the USC game, the defense will keep us in it and gives us a chance for a win. If we can avoid mistakes, I think we can beat one of these teams for a signature win.

10/28 @ BU - W, this one will feel more like playing the Baylor of old. They will be pretty beat down by this point in the season and I hope we crush them.

11/04 @ TCU - W/L, this one continues to be a toss up for me. We will know a lot more about each team as this game nears. If our defense continues to play lights out and we can figure out a consistent groove on offense, we leave Ft. Worth with a win. If we can't figure out the O-line and running game, a sputtering offense may not be enough to pull it off.

11/11 KU - W, Herman will push the right buttons and get the guys fired up to make up for last year. We should dominate this one.

11/18 @ WVU - W, Another game that will be easier to predict in a month, but if the defense can slow down the WVU offense, I think we put up plenty of points on the road to come away with the win.

11/24 Texas Tech - W, still without a defense we beat Texas Tech by slowing down their potent offense.

Conference record: 8-1 at best, 6-3 at worst
Overall record: 9-3 to 7-5 overall

You created a monster with your thread and got over taken by gooners if you missed it and they infested our room last night for a hour or so and pretty much circle jerked each other

I must have missed all of that. Hopefully them getting banned will help.

All I know is that I spent a long time writing my thread and making it look nice and making a poll, and it's all just wiped out gone with no explanation or mention

All I know is that I spent a long time writing my thread and making it look nice and making a poll, and it's all just wiped out gone with no explanation or mention

Here is your original post from last night. I deleted the thread because of all of the idiot 0U trolls who for some reason blew it up. Did you invite them over here, lol?

How many wins will we end up with?
Edit

1. 5 (repeat of last year)
    41 vote(s)
    46.6%

2. 6 (and we lose our bowl game)
    23 vote(s)
    26.1%

3. 7
    13 vote(s)
    14.8%

4. 8
    6 vote(s)
    6.8%

5. 9
    3 vote(s)
    3.4%

6. 10
    1 vote(s)
    1.1%

7. 11
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

8. 12 (we win out, including conference championship and bowl game)
    1 vote(s)
    1.1%

Alright, week 1 was a shocker, and we have a lot of new data to consider. Here's what I think will happen the rest of the season:

Saturday Sep. 2 Maryland Terrapins Lost 51-41 (0-1)

Saturday Sep. 9 San Jose State Spartans Won 56-0 (1-1)

Saturday Sep. 16 at USC Trojans Lost 27-24 (2OT) (1-2)

Thursday Sep. 28 at Iowa State Cyclones Iowa State will put up a fight but we will be ready. Outmatched.
WIN (2-2)

Saturday Oct. 7 Kansas State Wildcats KSt didn't look too good against Vandy. Plus we have them at home.
WIN (3-2)

Saturday Oct. 14 Oklahoma Sooners I think this ends up a lot like the USC game. We will be firing on all cylinders but I just don't know if we can keep up with the OU offense.
LOSE (3-3)

Saturday Oct. 21 Oklahoma State Cowboys I think this will flip with the OU game. If we happen to beat OU, we will probably lose here. But I suspect we lose a close one to OU, the players are pissed, and we come out at home against Ok St ready to play and we win by 7.
WIN (4-3)

Saturday Oct. 28 at Baylor Bears Sleepwalk.
WIN (5-3)

Saturday Nov. 4 at TCU Horned Frogs I think this is the year we turn this one around. TCU is good, but not as good as OU/OkSt, and Herman has us ready to go shut TCU down.
WIN (6-3)

Saturday Nov. 11 Kansas Jayhawks Don't take them for granted. But should be easy.
WIN (7-3)

Saturday Nov. 18 at West Virginia Mountaineers I think we will be tired by this point, playing in a hostile environment in the cold weather, and WVU will outmatch us. Again I see this being a flip of the TCU game. If we lose to TCU, the team will circle this as their chance for redemption on the road. But I tend to think we won't quite be able to best them.
LOSE (7-4)

Friday Nov. 24 Texas Tech Red Raiders We will need to score a lot of points, but hopefully we've found an offensive rhythm by the end of November.
WIN (8-4)

big12-logo-70.png
Big 12 Championship Game
I just don't think we are quite there this year. Probably a rematch of Bedlam.

Bowl Game
Herman has plenty of time to prepare us for this and we walk away with a victory.
WIN (9-4)

Given the fact that during the Charlie Strong era everybody in the Big XII has beaten Texas at least once we can't take anyone for granted.

But it's now the Tom Herman era. And right now I look at this team and the Big XII and I don't see a team we can't beat and that includes OK.

We will not be 5/7 this year.

i guess im just a still a bit pessimistic. i was really proud of the strides the defense took against USC but i still want to see it against a team that runs a spread or with a mobile QB. Im very concerned with the iowa st game.

I'll be optimistic. I'll say we go 8-1 in big 12 play. We've played OU and OSU tough the last few years. Think we go 1-1 there. I'll say we win the others. The defense will have to continue to show up but if it does we should win a lot of games.

Haha. Oh boy. They certainly ruined it I guess. Oh, well. Took me a long time to write all that and format it so it looked nice! Never again I guess...

Haha. Oh boy. They certainly ruined it I guess. Oh, well. Took me a long time to write all that and format it so it looked nice! Never again I guess...

What are you complaining about? I copied and pasted what you originally posted. You didn't lose anything.

Here is your original post from last night. I deleted the thread because of all of the idiot 0U trolls who for some reason blew it up. Did you invite them over here, lol?

How many wins will we end up with?
Edit

1. 5 (repeat of last year)
    41 vote(s)
    46.6%

2. 6 (and we lose our bowl game)
    23 vote(s)
    26.1%

3. 7
    13 vote(s)
    14.8%

4. 8
    6 vote(s)
    6.8%

5. 9
    3 vote(s)
    3.4%

6. 10
    1 vote(s)
    1.1%

7. 11
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

8. 12 (we win out, including conference championship and bowl game)
    1 vote(s)
    1.1%

Alright, week 1 was a shocker, and we have a lot of new data to consider. Here's what I think will happen the rest of the season:

Saturday Sep. 2 Maryland Terrapins Lost 51-41 (0-1)

Saturday Sep. 9 San Jose State Spartans Won 56-0 (1-1)

Saturday Sep. 16 at USC Trojans Lost 27-24 (2OT) (1-2)

Thursday Sep. 28 at Iowa State Cyclones Iowa State will put up a fight but we will be ready. Outmatched.
WIN (2-2)

Saturday Oct. 7 Kansas State Wildcats KSt didn't look too good against Vandy. Plus we have them at home.
WIN (3-2)

Saturday Oct. 14 Oklahoma Sooners I think this ends up a lot like the USC game. We will be firing on all cylinders but I just don't know if we can keep up with the OU offense.
LOSE (3-3)

Saturday Oct. 21 Oklahoma State Cowboys I think this will flip with the OU game. If we happen to beat OU, we will probably lose here. But I suspect we lose a close one to OU, the players are pissed, and we come out at home against Ok St ready to play and we win by 7.
WIN (4-3)

Saturday Oct. 28 at Baylor Bears Sleepwalk.
WIN (5-3)

Saturday Nov. 4 at TCU Horned Frogs I think this is the year we turn this one around. TCU is good, but not as good as OU/OkSt, and Herman has us ready to go shut TCU down.
WIN (6-3)

Saturday Nov. 11 Kansas Jayhawks Don't take them for granted. But should be easy.
WIN (7-3)

Saturday Nov. 18 at West Virginia Mountaineers I think we will be tired by this point, playing in a hostile environment in the cold weather, and WVU will outmatch us. Again I see this being a flip of the TCU game. If we lose to TCU, the team will circle this as their chance for redemption on the road. But I tend to think we won't quite be able to best them.
LOSE (7-4)

Friday Nov. 24 Texas Tech Red Raiders We will need to score a lot of points, but hopefully we've found an offensive rhythm by the end of November.
WIN (8-4)

big12-logo-70.png
Big 12 Championship Game
I just don't think we are quite there this year. Probably a rematch of Bedlam.

Bowl Game
Herman has plenty of time to prepare us for this and we walk away with a victory.
WIN (9-4)
7-2 in conference play? What changes have been made to make you believe this?

Reactions: jp7mag

The team isn't solely true freshmen, red shirt freshmen, and sophomores.

So to repeat for stupid sooner or potential ****** aggy, we are one year older and our coaching staff is better.

So to repeat for stupid sooner or potential ****** aggy, we are one year older and our coaching staff is better.
Well there it is. While the other 123 d-1 teams have been wondering aimlessly in a time worp, Texas became a year older.

Last edited:
Well, losing only by 3 points to the #4 team in the country in their hostile home field despite numerous mistakes and not having our two most irreplaceable offensive players available

Wow, a year older from Maryland to conference play? Amazing. Double digit loss to Maryland to 2nd or 3rd place finish in conference lol.

Strong career @ texas .432 > Herman career @ texas .333
Strong in 2017: 3-0. Herman in 2017: 1-2

Yeah, and if Strong were coaching Texas this year, the Horns would have been blown out by USC. Strong is right where he needs to be, coaching some directional school.

Guys ignore the trolls with 2 messages and 1 like from their partner. If they were truly interested they'd be like Bell on here all the time. These fools are just here to get you pissed.

This is a 6-6 to 8-4 team. Although, I think this is a team you were better off playing early in the season.

Reactions: bubba2023
Yeah, and if Strong were coaching Texas this year, the Horns would have been blown out by USC. Strong is right where he needs to be, coaching some directional school.

I'm glad texas found the right guy for the job then. I'm sure there are many more exciting moral victories to come. Lots of kissing too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT