ADVERTISEMENT

Was I Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by joeywa:
OP is married, right?

This begs the question, are you getting sex from your dogs?

If the answer is no, then you sir, made the wrong choice.

Wait... what if you do get sex from the dogs, but only occasionally? What then?

I faced the same dilemma, and made the same decision. I told them since they bring their animals to my house, I bring my animals to theirs, or I don't come. Not going to lie, I have enjoyed this Christmas more
smilie2.gif

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:

OP is married, right?

I guess it's called doggy style.
smilie2.gif

I would rather spend Xmas with my dogs than with my ex-wife. Actually I would rather spend Xmas with anyone's dog instaed of her

I disagree with pretty much everyone here. You did the right thing. If I was in your family's shoes I wouldn't want you there. Anyone who would spend Christmas whining about how his poor animals are miserable at a warm kennel with food and playmates would do nothing but ruin everything.

Now they get to make fun of how socially crippled you are when your wife isn't listening. Thus, you have increased overall joy. You are happier, your dogs are happier, your in-laws are happier. The only one who loses out is your wife.

Good job, OP, you did the right thing.

OP will be sleeping with his dogs when mama gets home. Has he ever heard the term "doghouse."

This is his 2nd marriage (at least), which means he probably knows what a doghouse is. Also, it explains a lot.
This post was edited on 12/25 4:08 PM by groverat-UT

Sounds like most on here are bigger b!@#^%$ than a female dog.

Originally posted by groverat-UT:
I disagree with pretty much everyone here. You did the right thing. If I was in your family's shoes I wouldn't want you there. Anyone who would spend Christmas whining about how his poor animals are miserable at a warm kennel with food and playmates would do nothing but ruin everything.

Now they get to make fun of how socially crippled you are when your wife isn't listening. Thus, you have increased overall joy. You are happier, your dogs are happier, your in-laws are happier. The only one who loses out is your wife.

Good job, OP, you did the right thing.

OP will be sleeping with his dogs when mama gets home. Has he ever heard the term "doghouse."

This is his 2nd marriage (at least), which means he probably knows what a doghouse is. Also, it explains a lot.
This post was edited on 12/25 4:08 PM by groverat-UT
Ouch.

You gotta know when to fold 'em. Even if in your heart of hearts you thought this was a good idea, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. You said your wife was 'very understanding' but as a 20+ yr married guy myself, I'll bet 'understanding' lasted until she got to Midland and her daughter said, "wow, he really didn't come? I thought he was joking". Me thinks you haven't heard the last of this.

Wrong. People are always more important than animals, especially family. Your pride and ego wouldn't allow you to do what even you yourself know was right. You know what the right thing was or you wouldn't have posted here.

At this point I would call your step daughter in law and tell you were wrong and apologize and make arrangements to visit her soon without your dogs.

OP is married, right?

Perhaps then you should look for a different pub to frequent, one with better looking closing-time gals.

Originally posted by omaha29:
Originally posted by wwVYd:
Depends on the dogs. My dogs would be stressed the f&*k out if they had to be at a kennel for 3 days. They would be traumatized. I wouldn't do it. But there are other options. I'm sure you could've found a professional dog sitter to go to your house a couple of times a day to feed them and let them out. If no dog sitters were available, I'm sure you have an understanding friend.

Holy crap...

What? All are very small dogs. One is old, blind, poor hearing and hates unfamiliar dogs. ?

Not to be a dick, but didn't you just choose your dogs over spending Christmas with your wife? To each his own. I have had dogs I truly loved. I used to say I loved them like children until I had children.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Wow!! I was in utter disbelief reading your post and even more shocked that so many agreed with you over some freaking DOGS!! You chose to not be with your spouce and children because you didn't want a couple of "DOGS" to spend a couple nights in a kennell??? Wow!! I'm really at a loss for words on that. Unbelievable!!!!
This post was edited on 12/25 8:07 PM by AlphaBruh

It depends on the dog and nobody knows your own dogs better than you. I've got some that I wouldn't hesitate to kennel. But I've also got a couple or three that I made the boarding mistake with before, and I would never do it again.

They wouldn't sleep, they wouldn't eat, and when we returned to pick them up one of them literally wouldn't quit screaming. I don't mean a high pitched bark either. I mean screaming. Then she crawled into my wife's lap in the front seat of the car and wouldn't move, sleeping there for hours. They have had separation anxiety ever since.

Dogs have feelings and emotions just like humans. No they are not people, but the ones you make into family the most are in a way "persons." They love unconditionally and experience deep emotions and mood swings.

You absolutely did nothing wrong at all. Don't spend another moment second guessing yourself.

Originally posted by texas83:
It depends on the dog and nobody knows your own dogs better than you. I've got some that I wouldn't hesitate to kennel. But I've also got a couple or three that I made the boarding mistake with before, and I would never do it again.

They wouldn't sleep, they wouldn't eat, and when we returned to pick them up one of them literally wouldn't quit screaming. I don't mean a high pitched bark either. I mean screaming. Then she crawled into my wife's lap in the front seat of the car and wouldn't move, sleeping there for hours. They have had separation anxiety ever since.

Dogs have feelings and emotions just like humans. No they are not people, but the ones you make into family the most are in a way "persons." They love unconditionally and experience deep emotions and mood swings.

You absolutely did nothing wrong at all. Don't spend another moment second guessing yourself.

Yeah he did the right thing... the dogs have feelings and emotions, blah blah blah... obviously his wife and kids do not. The wife and kids are just dumb animals who chew up his furniture, slobber over everything, practice for weeks to do a simple trick that awards them a freaking dry stale busuit and occasionally eat cat and their own shit! You know, kinda like dogs? I mean you're right. The dogs feelings and emotions matter more than wife and kids. Who needs wife to sleep with and bare children and confort you in times of sorrow? Who the hell needs kids to bring them the joy of playing catch with in the front yard or to bring a tear to your eye as you watch her first dance recital? Man who needs them when you have your dogs to, to..... uhhhh, to pat on the head and clean up after and walk around the neighborhood? I totally get where you're coming from. Man it aint even close! I think i'll kick my wife and kids out and go get a couple more dogs to take their places.

Originally posted by FajahHorn65:
They are damn dogs who would drop you in heart beat for the next person who gives them a good meal. Her house, her rules just like it's your house your rules. The question is would you have behaved in the same manner if it was your daugher, not the step daughter who put you in this position? You're not stubborn, you're an ass. You should be ashamed of yourself but something tells me you'll have an excuse not to be.

Absolute great post!!!! I still can't believe what I just read from the OP. Just unbelievable!!!!

You came here asking us, I think you know the answer.

Plus, here's this story. Last Christmas my BIL brought his dog to our house for Christmas. His dog is great with kids, house trained, is around other pets (including cats) all the time and has never had an issue in another house. Well, we had a cat and a dog. Something about the mix of those 3 pets, which were all otherwise perfect pets, was hell and we spent 6 months trying to get the scent of cat piss and dog shit out of the rugs. And they were only together for 2 hours before we pulled the plug and sent the visiting dog to a kennel. My BIL is a vet BTW.

You made your wife choose between you and her own flesh and blood, over a dog. Sorry man, that's bad.

Originally posted by horn59:
I have been married to my wife for 25 years. We both have children from previous marriages.My girls live close to us and her daughter lives in Midland.We have always alternated Christmas locations. This year it was our turn to visit at Midland.My step daughter-in law told her mother this year I could not bring our dogs, as she had just bought her children two new puppies.

My two dogs are the best,well mannered,house broken,and love children.They wouldn't harm a fly.Although my wife was also shocked,she didn't want to cause a stir and told me we would have to kennel our dogs this year.I said,bullshit,if my dogs aren't welcome there,then I'm not either. I love my dogs and it would kill them to be in a kennel (for 3 days)away from us.They've never been in a kennel before.I have friends here who would have taken care of them,but most have family coming in, and I didn't want to impose on them.

Actually, my wife was very understanding with my refusal to go,and she said she would just go alone. I know she wanted to be with me as this is the first Christmas we would not be together.

My children will drop by for a brief visit with me,before going to their mothers for dinner. My sister lives close and I am going there for dinner today.

I know some of you will disagree with me,but I'm old and stubborn. I just couldn't do it.

You do know that dog spelled backward is god, and this is not just a happen-in-stance. If your dogs were not welcomed, you were not welcomed, and being with your dogs is more important than being with your your human connections. Dogs are special. Trust me on this. They are, as long as you treat them kindly, and as a special one of God's creations.

Originally posted by Realism-in-IR:
Even though your wife said it was cool for you to stay home, it most likely wasnt. My wife tells me its okay to do stuff all of the time, but I can just tell it is a set up for her to get pissed at me. She told me it was cool to go to Vietnam with some of my friends from school this summer. Even though she said it was okay, I know that if I had went to Vietnam with my friends I would have been in a world of hell for months after I got back. Sometimes, yes means no when it comes to wives.
What that yes really means is "I can't believe you just asked me that f'n question, and i'm going to say yes just to see how far you'll take it." Sometimes it's just at test to see where a person's heart or mind truly is. His is clearly with the dogs. I would never in my life dream of doing that to my wife and her child.

AlphaB.....why don't you take a knee and drink a little water. I think you've made your point.

Originally posted by dabster:
I have been married to my wife for 25 years. We both have children from previous marriages.My girls live close to us and her daughter lives in Midland.We have always alternated Christmas locations. This year it was our turn to visit at Midland.My step daughter-in law told her mother this year I could not bring our dogs, as she had just bought her children two new puppies.

My two dogs are the best,well mannered,house broken,and love children.They wouldn't harm a fly.Although my wife was also shocked,she didn't want to cause a stir and told me we would have to kennel our dogs this year.I said,bullshit,if my dogs aren't welcome there,then I'm not either. I love my dogs and it would kill them to be in a kennel (for 3 days)away from us.They've never been in a kennel before.I have friends here who would have taken care of them,but most have family coming in, and I didn't want to impose on them.

Actually, my wife was very understanding with my refusal to go,and she said she would just go alone. I know she wanted to be with me as this is the first Christmas we would not be together.

My children will drop by for a brief visit with me,before going to their mothers for dinner. My sister lives close and I am going there for dinner today.

I know some of you will disagree with me,but I'm old and stubborn. I just couldn't do it.

You do know that dog spelled backward is god, and this is not just a happen-in-stance. If your dogs were not welcomed, you were not welcomed, and being with your dogs is more important than being with your your human connections. Dogs are special. Trust me on this. They are, as long as you treat them kindly, and as a special one of God's creations.

Man, I hope this is a bit of sarcasm, but I'm not sure. If not, maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read anywhere. A dog is an animal who lives in the moment. Miss feeding him a day, and he is off to the next owner who will feed him. You would be out of its mind in no time flat.

Originally posted by 121347:
AlphaB.....why don't you take a knee and drink a little water. I think you've made your point.
It wasn't meant for you. Until OP responds i'll post as many times as I choose.
This post was edited on 12/25 8:50 PM by AlphaBruh

Man, I hope this is a bit of sarcasm, but I'm not sure. If not, maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read anywhere. A dog is an animal who lives in the moment. Miss feeding him a day, and he is off to the next owner who will feed him. You would be out of its mind in no time flat.

What a sad misstatement of reality. You either must never have had a dog as a friend or pet, or you're the hillbilly type who drives around with them in the bed of your truck, risking their lives.

I've never had a dog in my 50+ years who behaved like that. All you have to do is befriend them and they love you unconditionally for life.

I guess now I know where all the dogs I've had to rescue from Texas roadsides came from now. Always still sitting there, loyal, waiting for the scum bag who abandoned them to come back for them.

What a sad misstatement of reality. You either must never have had a dog as a friend or pet, or you're the hillbilly type who drives around with them in the bed of your truck, risking their lives.

I've never had a dog in my 50+ years who behaved like that. All you have to do is befriend them and they love you unconditionally for life.

I guess now I know where all the dogs I've had to rescue from Texas roadsides came from now. Always still sitting there, loyal, waiting for the scum bag who abandoned them to come back for them.
You couldn't have missed the mark on Rev any more if you had tried, 83.

You are wrong. Her house, her rules, and while you may disagree her take here is understandable. May not be what you would do in YOUR house but its not your house. Swallow pride, board dogs or spring for sitter and enjoy family if you are luck enough to have them.

AB...that certainly is your right. Just sayin, you're getting a little stale. Oh hell, maybe you're just trying to get your post count up.

Just like Joeywa to stand up for a friend.

83, I've got 3 dogs now and have had competitive hunting dogs for my 50 years. The dogs you've had to rescue are most likely those that ran off from their owners as I said in my previous post. Most responsible dog owners do not dump dogs they love off on the road. No doubt it occasionally happens, but it is the exception, not the rule. I love my dogs, but your attempt to humanize them falls well short of the mark and borders on the ridiculous.
This post was edited on 12/25 9:14 PM by Reverent Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT