ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Prediction Thread: Horns vs Trojans

CoachEmUp64

Jan 15, 2015
After a beat down of SJSU now we take on our first road test, against a really good football team. So how you boys think we will do?

Mine:
Calling a big upset here (even put money on it....)
UT 34-31

I'm not sure if Texas can get consistent qb play yet. My gut is telling me that USC may take this one. Not because I think USC is that good but I'm not sure Texas has had time to start gelling under Herman. I think the SJSU game was good for Texas but USC will tell us more imo

USC does more than just take this one. They'll cover the 14 point spread. Or I'll be pleased to be wrong.

What the hell. I'll call the upset. 38-34. Texas runs the ball well, defense gets a couple turnovers, maybe a score. Shane starts, Sam takes over pretty quick.

USC coming off a big game against Stanford. Maybe Texas catches them off guard

Condoms 48-28. We get a late score to make it a 20 pt loss. Stock your liquor cabinets accordingly. It will be close to 9pm come halftime and you don't want to run out or realize you are going to have to deal with this sober until Monday.

48-24 SC and yep...they finally knock down a FG, Texas would have to control the clock and run all over them to be in the game at the end.

Yeah like I said in the other thread it's going to take a where the F have these guys been performance out of the DL and OL to win. Similar to the 2015 OU game. I'll gladly eat crow if that happens but I am not predicting anomalies.

TH has the boys ready. Chris Warren makes Some but not a lot of Heisman noise. Run game strong with 2 Texas INT and 1 special teams td.

TX 31
USC 21

Take it to the bank . It's going to happen !

\m/ \m/

First SC Sellout in years. The are using their "vacated" loss as extra motivation .... to much to early - 42-24 the bad guys.

Herman could actually use this win. Not that he's on the hot seat but it would certainly extend the honeymoon and get dome recruits attention.

A football coach could use a win at a program that has had 3 losing seasons in a row? Such insight.
Not all wins are created equal. Even when Texas is "down" they are expected to beat the Iowa states and Kansas of the world. If Herman can pull off a couple "shockers" it sends a signal to fans, recruits, etc they are headed in the right direction. Maybe recruits start to give Texas a 2nd look(or a first look in some cases)

The kool-aid is still fairly strong with some of you. I like & respect that BUT, have yer supplies ready to make trash can punch out of it because it's going to be a forgettable night.

UT 21
Wooden horse riding contraceptives 51

ADVERTISEMENT