ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Prediction Thread: Horns vs Trojans

The game depends on a few things. 1) who starts at QB. If it's shane, we will be fairly ok. If it's the fish, I expect 2 int's from him. 2) better start Warren and play him a lot. 3) need to see better Dline play (get out of the 3 down linemen). 4) play Hemphill on the return team. If we do all of those things, we win.
45-38 UT for the upset.
49-21 USC win if we don't do those 4 things

Win time of possession, win turnover battle, fewer penalties. Keep receivers in front of us no big plays and we have a chance . Just would like a respectable score even if we lose . 42 to 38 .

Mudhole Cometh, it's going to be a bloodbath.
At this point you are probably right....but this team has NOTHING to lose for the first time in a while if you think about it. Texas is NOT supposed to be in this game at all.....SC is reading and hearing how great they are and how bad Texas is....these are the games that bite teams in the butt. I would not be shocked if Texas gets mudholed.....but I think it will be close and Texas could even win. Turnovers and big plays are going to happen and hopefully Texas gets the TO's and big plays and doesn't give them up.

I can't count the games I have been in and watched that team A was going to crush team B and B came out and won. A wounded animal BITES.

I cant let myself see this any other way...I'm in show me mode from here out.

They showed some improvement versus an inferior team last week, though the lack of discipline was still evident in many facets of the game.

USC - 45
UT - 28

I don't think our secondary can stop them and we have not seen a pass rush yet. We will need some turn overs and luck to win.

I was listening to ESPN last night and some guy named Peter Burns said something along the lines of Sam Darnold throwing for 7 td's, and running the ball for 250+ yards. Nobody had a defense that bad and that includes Texas.He also described himself as an SEC apologist.

Whatever.

Sam getting the start
Sam has to throw the ball a lot better in this game. He missed on a few throws early but kinda settled towards the end of the game. Just manage the game, don't do extra and hand off to Warren.
On D, need to start Johnson at LB. Play Safeties back and use bump and run with the Cb. Just disguise. Get some damn pressure on the QB. 1 sack in 2 games is unacceptable.

Reactions: swVAHorn
cali....I read what you wrote....and reread it and I have no clue what you said. Could you either type that again slower or translate it to Texan?

(referring to the Peter Burns comment.)

Predicting this game is akin to picking OU vs tOSU. Season is still way too early to know anything for sure. Both programs are 'blue bloods,' and with each finishing (what I believe) is an equal down period. I watched the replay of the games last week and both programs are loaded with 'big boy' talent top to bottom.

My inclination in to take the condoms because the game is out there. I picked tOSU also, but like this game, there's not enough information to be accurate. Other than WSU & Stanford, I'm not too excited about any programs in the Pac-12. Hope the Horns cut SC's targels off, but 'em in a jar placed in the trophy case.

cali....I read what you wrote....and reread it and I have no clue what you said. Could you either type that again slower or translate it to Texan?

(referring to the Peter Burns comment.)

Sorry about that

Basically he said that we are going to give up at least 50. Made it sound like we were going to be nothing more than a glorified scrimmage for SC.

UT is out manned no question about that, but I don't think they get blown out. Even under Strong they showed up for big games. Played OU, Ok state and Baylor tough. Won a couple of those. Herman has the job largely because he won some games on paper his team shouldn't of won. Texas may lose but I think it's a competitive game.

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
48-24 SC and yep...they finally knock down a FG, Texas would have to control the clock and run all over them to be in the game at the end.

Well, I'll say this...I was extremely impressed with the freshman's poise. On the other hand, I was flabbergasted by what I witnessed our defense being capable of. I hit the pillow Saturday night thinking: The play calling was suspect, F*$k the prevent D and please let this be the corner we needed to turn.

Well, I'll say this...I was extremely impressed with the freshman's poise. On the other hand, I was flabbergasted by what I witnessed our defense being capable of. I hit the pillow Saturday night thinking: The play calling was suspect, F*$k the prevent D and please let this be the corner we needed to turn.
I told you guys we were going to win. I didn't take into account OT lol. I lost some money but man for a second there I thought I was going to be rich hahahaha

ADVERTISEMENT