ADVERTISEMENT

Well the NFL draft is tomorrow night

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
and so far I haven't seen Deshon Elliot's name on mock NFL first round draft lists. He was an AA, and a Thorpe award finalist so what gives? And as everyone on here knows the second and third rounds are tomorrow night, and the rest of the draft is on Saturday.
I'm going to watch to see how many of our guys go in the first two days. I think we could have as many as 5 but who knows? Finally I think we'll have 6 guys get drafted which would be our best draft in a long time.

I hope that the ones that are drafted don't go to places like Cleveland, Detroit, Buffalo, the Raiders, and other teams that aren't going to win anytime soon.

Hookem

I'm looking forward to the draft tomorrow night, as I do every year. I'll watch at day two and three. I love the drama, trades, scrutiny of who picks who, etc. I eat this stuff up.

Deshon Elliot will not go in the early rounds. He should have stayed another year. His hype was because he had multiple passes thrown straight to him and he managed not to drop them.

may or may not have some random measurable they all like. half the nfl was undrafted anyway, so just get picked and get started. i don't believe any football player should ever stay in college any longer than they have to-- the nature of the game is such that it's too big a risk. and if somebody is willing to give you more money than your parents made combined and if the other choice is to do that same thing for free, take the money. even if you're not "ready", if you're talented enough they'll take the time to develop you.

So uh.........MM--- dozer--- y'all remember a few months ago when I suggested that Cleveland use the 1st pick if the draft to take Mayfield-- which would send shockwaves through the draft and cause it to fvck up everyone's picks and would make Cleveland's 4th pick so valuable that they'd be able to trade it for a ridiculous amount of future draft picks?

I' not saying its going to happen----- but it might happen...

Elliot is a mid round guy. Probably 4-5 round ish, unless someone totally falls in love with him and takes him higher than his value. which could definitely happen. I'm nervous we won't have a player taken in the first round. We could have 0-2 guys drafted round 1... but im starting to lean towards zero.

So uh.........MM--- dozer--- y'all remember a few months ago when I suggested that Cleveland use the 1st pick if the draft to take Mayfield-- which would send shockwaves through the draft and cause it to fvck up everyone's picks and would make Cleveland's 4th pick so valuable that they'd be able to trade it for a ridiculous amount of future draft picks?

I' not saying its going to happen----- but it might happen...
Thats what all the noise is about. I think Barkley is the best player in the draft. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns pick mayfield. He's my #1 qb in draft.

So um..... Ima go ahead and take my skills and open up my own website where I predict sh!t months in advance.......

Baker mayfield---' 1st over all. Chaos draft ensues.

So um..... Ima go ahead and take my skills and open up my own website where I predict sh!t months in advance.......

I think he has as good of shot as anyone to have some success in the league but he’s gonna need those gritty nutz in Cleveland I bet.

Total chaos. Trades all over this draft.

I love me some chaos.

Alabama and Georgia showed what it takes to make it to the title game, 7 #1 picks between them. Getting it done on signing day. Smart might take the crown from Saban in a couple years, he is bringing in some serious talent. He recruits more elite guys than Richt did, and he was good seeing these were his guys. State of Georgia is always loaded. Ready for Saban to have a year with no 1st rounders, probably never get my wish.

Time will tell, but I don't think Baker's type of play will transfer to the NFL. The first thing that is going to happen to him is he's going to get humbled, and he needs to be humbled. He'll find that out soon enough. I think Mayfield is Manziel 2.0.

I figured Paul Depodesta's moneyball strategy would bring the Brown's out of their misery. Depodesta still has my respect, but, he better have a plan B or he will be run out of town.

Random thoughts about the draft

Man UTSA? has a first round draft pick and we don't?

Please consider that when you think about how bad the Cleveland Brown's have been consider this. Every Big XII qb, and every TX qb they drafted has been a bust. Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel, RG III. And while we all love Colt he didn't have NFL skills. And now we have Baker Mayfield. I just don't know.

And as Mister Moses noted above only one Big XII player in the first round. That blows. Here's hoping that Coach Herman changes that real quick.

Time will tell, but I don't think Baker's type of play will transfer to the NFL. The first thing that is going to happen to him is he's going to get humbled, and he needs to be humbled. He'll find that out soon enough. I think Mayfield is Manziel 2.0.
MM, I didn't say he was their best choice-- I said that at 1-31 over the last two years, he couldn't do any worse. I also said that by drafting him first, it would do two things:
1. Throw the draft into chaos. It would cause teams to trade up and draft players they normally wouldn't draft or trade up for. It would also cause teams to draft "safe" picks--- oline etc. CHAOS. Hell, we had 5 qbs taken in round 1! Not a WR until what pick? Soney Michell to that patriots??
2. I also said Cleveland could capitalize on the chaos by trading their 4th pick for ridiculous future draft picks. They didn't. My bad. Great plan, bad negotiating.

You're way, way off on the Manziel comparison. Baker is driven, determined, focused. He's desperate to succeed. That is all in stark contrast to JF.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
What happened to Connor? All the talk coming into this past season was that he was the best OT in the class and a lock to be a top 5 pick. I know he got hurt 3 games in, but lots of people are saying he isn't even a tackle at the next level. I don't understand how a guy can go from the best OT in the class and a top 5 pick to not being a tackle at all.

I wonder if he regrets leaving early.

You're way, way off on the Manziel comparison. Baker is driven, determined, focused. He's desperate to succeed. That is all in stark contrast to JF.

Maybe, maybe not. Unless Mayfield can change his style of play, read defenses, throw to a spot, use his legs to buy himself time and have patience and stay in the pocket when his first or second receivers aren't open, he won't last long in the NFL.

Reactions: outhereincali
What happened to Connor? All the talk coming into this past season was that he was the best OT in the class and a lock to be a top 5 pick. I know he got hurt 3 games in, but lots of people are saying he isn't even a tackle at the next level. I don't understand how a guy can go from the best OT in the class and a top 5 pick to not being a tackle at all.

Weird year for OL. Other than the two ND guys it is really weak, especially OT. The kid from UCLA is a total project and the 6'2 OT from Georgia is probably really a guard. When the Patriots have to project a guard to tackle in the 1st round, you know it is a weak OT class.
Someone will convince themselves Connor can play tackle, and he will get picked in the 2nd round.

Reactions: LonghornMM

lots and lots of money.... no money.... nah, i'm think he's good with it

That would make sense if Texas could sign 25 of them. Baker was a no star and he has 3 big 12 rings. Stars are for dreaming, unless it’s a franchise player. Connie Williams 3 Star was a better player than Malik Jefferson a 5 Star. Alabama offers 3 stars as well.

ADVERTISEMENT