ADVERTISEMENT

What is Wrong With the Democrat Party......

If you ever read Freakanomics you saw where the author made a great case that explained the steady drop in the crime rate in the 80's and 90's was due to Roe-v-Wade....

There were a ton of flaws in the book so I never got that far.

But riddle me this batman, more than 75% of violent crimes are committed by men. How would Roe v Wade impact guys?

Roe v wade happened in 1973, this chart (know there are several ways to look at it) does not support RvW having any real effect.

large.jpg

Dear Genius,
Don't just parrot the points you hear on Fox. The truth is that EV battery recycling plants can reclaim 95% of the minerals in a used EV battery to make a new EV Battery.
Sleepy tell you this. You got sold some oceanfront property in Arizona with this belief son. There are literally billions of lithium batteries in dumps around the continental US, tools/cell phones. The mining in Bolivia is also irreversible, poisoning them poor folks in Bolivia and ultimately destroying South America. You wanna call me a parrot? I'll call you an uneducated fool. How about that? 😁

a sitting President of the United States of America committed treason against the country and citizens he took an oath to protect while agreeing with his mob that his VP should be hung......

nothing else matters.....the ex-leader of the free world pursued a plot to overthrow an election while promoting violence against legislative members and Capitol security officers for personal gain and power.

as I read through this thread and the other similar one on this forum, what I notice is a constant deflection from this key point with funny sleepy joe jokes and continuous attacks on Democratic policy.

nothing else matters, not gas prices or inflation......you ignore mitigating, small circumstances like an ongoing war in Europe, a global pandemic and price gouging by oil companies.

I'm watching a President right now, on the news, meeting with NATO and G 7 allies, meeting with the leaders of Japan and S Korea, strengthening bonds to combat Putin/Russian aggression.

the path for Sweden and Finland to join Nato was cleared this morning.

continue your jokes and deflection but Donald Trump is a criminal who assaulted our country with no regard for the safety or protection of Americans or America, his only goal was to retain power at any cost.
Dan---- I want you to die.

Now-- I really don't want you to die-- but just because I said it, does it make it a crime?
The answer is no.

And btw-- the "person" that heard Trump allegedly say that, was just proven to be lying during her testimony.

So, Dan, much like Russian pee tapes, you've been had again. How many times are you going to let the media and democrats fvcking lie to you before you realize that you are their useful idiot?

Last edited:
a sitting President of the United States of America committed treason against the country and citizens he took an oath to protect while agreeing with his mob that his VP should be hung......

nothing else matters.....the ex-leader of the free world pursued a plot to overthrow an election while promoting violence against legislative members and Capitol security officers for personal gain and power.

as I read through this thread and the other similar one on this forum, what I notice is a constant deflection from this key point with funny sleepy joe jokes and continuous attacks on Democratic policy.

nothing else matters, not gas prices or inflation......you ignore mitigating, small circumstances like an ongoing war in Europe, a global pandemic and price gouging by oil companies.

I'm watching a President right now, on the news, meeting with NATO and G 7 allies, meeting with the leaders of Japan and S Korea, strengthening bonds to combat Putin/Russian aggression.

the path for Sweden and Finland to join Nato was cleared this morning.

continue your jokes and deflection but Donald Trump is a criminal who assaulted our country with no regard for the safety or protection of Americans or America, his only goal was to retain power at any cost.
Oh.... and where did Trump promote violence against legislative members and capital security Dan?

If you're going to fvcking lie through your teeth, at least have video or tweets to TRY and back it up.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Dear Genius,
Don't just parrot the points you hear on Fox. The truth is that EV battery recycling plants can reclaim 95% of the minerals in a used EV battery to make a new EV Battery.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now let's talk about the carbon footprint of not only obtaining the raw elements and minerals to MAKE said batteries, but also the carbon footprint of the machines and chemicals used to recycle said batteries and then the disposal of the waste.

Because I've got 162 pages from a DOE study that started 2 years ago that ain't looking good.

Reactions: howlster and westx
Much like genital warts, you just can't shake Dan.

Found that clip of Trump inciting violence yet Danny boy?
“Uh….no………uh……uh…..Orangeman bad though!!!”~danhorn

Last edited:
There were a ton of flaws in the book so I never got that far.

But riddle me this batman, more than 75% of violent crimes are committed by men. How would Roe v Wade impact guys?

Roe v wade happened in 1973, this chart (know there are several ways to look at it) does not support RvW having any real effect.

large.jpg
Ehhhhhhhh...... there's correlation and causation. Did violent crime start going down 20 years after abortion?
Yes, you can see that above.
Are most violent criminals age 17-35...ehhhhh I'd say a good portion.
Cam we say abortion was the reason violent crime went down? Ehhhhh.... it seems like it had SOME effect.

Ehhhhhhhh...... there's correlation and causation. Did violent crime start going down 20 years after abortion?
Yes, you can see that above.
Are most violent criminals age 17-35...ehhhhh I'd say a good portion.
Cam we say abortion was the reason violent crime went down? Ehhhhh.... it seems like it had SOME effect.

You are arguing correlation not causation.

Thanks for playing, if that is the logic, then I'll counter with gun ownership.

images

R.ac4f173ca0401dc27ccb9f39697af401

You are arguing correlation not causation.

Thanks for playing, if that is the logic, then I'll counter with gun ownership.

images

guns4.jpg
I pointed out there is "correlation" in an argument, and there is "causation" in an argument.
I was not arguing which was which in this instance. Simply pointing it out.

Now as far as gun violence goes, as more people own guns, crime goes down. An armed society is a polite society.

Reactions: howlster
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now let's talk about the carbon footprint of not only obtaining the raw elements and minerals to MAKE said batteries, but also the carbon footprint of the machines and chemicals used to recycle said batteries and then the disposal of the waste.

Because I've got 162 pages from a DOE study that started 2 years ago that ain't looking good.
The break even point for an EV with all those considerations (and not considering recycling the batteries) is about 15k miles. Don't forget there is a big footprint for ICE cars and their energy as well. When you consider recycling of batteries, it brings this number way down. When your EV is powered with over 50% renewable energy sources (as it is for me), it brings it down even more.

That’s really neat. Doesn’t solve the problem of using fossil fuels to charge them.

If you have a link that will show how everyone owning an EV will actually slow down fossil fuel usage I’d love to see it
A large percentage of our electricity comes from renewables. Additionally, my solar roof provides between 50%-100% of my monthly usage including charging the Tesla.

So for my little corner of the world, fossil fuel usage is being reduce by a real amount.

Additionally, my solar roof provides between 50%-100% of my monthly usage including charging the Tesla.

So for my little corner of the world, fossil fuel usage is being reduce by a real amount.
Well, that explains everything. Yer a solar salesman. Good lord, how can you afford internet?

Keep up the good work most of America agrees with us.

You agree with a narrative and political tribalist ideology Cali. Like most Americans.

With the amount of nut job MAGA out there and how many guns they have, you think people smoking a joint in the capital was an attempted coup?

Damnit man

A large percentage of our electricity comes from renewables. Additionally, my solar roof provides between 50%-100% of my monthly usage including charging the Tesla.

Not really.

Is there a study anywhere that will show how significant renewable energy lowers fossil fuels?

There surely has to be one.

The break even point for an EV with all those considerations (and not considering recycling the batteries) is about 15k miles. Don't forget there is a big footprint for ICE cars and their energy as well. When you consider recycling of batteries, it brings this number way down. When your EV is powered with over 50% renewable energy sources (as it is for me), it brings it down even more.
So how will the government pay for the roads? Because EVs are heavier (it's the batteries) and the function of road bed damage is (mass)to the fourth power x distance travelled. Apparently the Tesla weighs about 1000 pounds than an equivalent gasser. That would lead to about 3 x the road bed damage.

You are quoting data from the Argonne National Lab in Chicago. I read the study and it is referenced here in the DOE report.
The flaw (according to DOE) is that this is assuming the mining of said materials is done in an already "barren" mine area-- I can tell you first hand, having visited some of these mines in the DRC, that thousands of acres of triple canopy jungle is destroyed to begin the mining. It also assumes the optimal size battery is used and the car is being charged in Norway which gets the majority of it's power from hydroelectricity.

Given that it is indisputable that EV use FAR more grams of carbon emitted to be built than ICE vehicles, according to this study-- all other factors would have to be optimal. But we don't live in an optimal world.

The zunivwrsity of Leige study is more realistic.

Over a 12 year period, using power that is 50% fossil and 50% renewable, you would have to drive that EV 700,000 km to reach the tipping point.

Let's couple that with this-- if every American owned an EV instead of an ICE pur power grid would collapse in a matter of seconds.
Now, if we BUILD the infrastructure necessary to handle that load (with most of our supplies coming from China and much from India) the carbon emitted to mine and manufacture these products, then ship them, the install them will take us close to 9 decades to offset.

Unfortunately, according to the DC politicians and Greta Thurnberg, we only have 12 (now 11) years before we reach a catastrophic climate tipping point from whence there us no return.
You know they said it. You heard them say it.
They said it was a fact.

If you dispute their "fact", then you admit they are wrong-- which then destroys their credibility. And if this "fact" is wrong-- what else is wrong?

So enjoy your EV. If it makes you happy, go for it. But when you're ready to see photos of poor Comgolese people being displaced and not compensated so their village can be turned into a strip mine, let me know. I've got dozens.

I call BS on this. Can you back your claim up with facts? EVs aren't affordable to most of the general public at this time. Also, you have to factor in the purchase price of a charging station for your home and the increased electricity cost to continually charge it. Additionally, if you take a road trip you're going to have to find a charging station (if you can find one) and sit there waiting for it to charge for an extended period of time. No thanks.

Solar panel companies are misleading potential customers. You aren't going to "sell power generated by your own home back onto the grid". That's a false claim that they make in their sales pitch. Also, there is the cost of replacing solar panels every so often, maintenance on the system, and if you need a new roof, good luck removing all of those panels and putting them back up and the cost associated with that. From what I've read, the payback on a green/solar house is about 15-20 years. Consumers are much better off making their best kWh deal with power companies. At this point, today, solar power is a losing proposition.

Nice of you to join us today Mr. Musk;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT