ADVERTISEMENT

What Next?

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
Mars Inc. has officially retired the Uncle Ben’s brand name as of Wednesday, with an announcement acknowledging that the name and imagery on the package were perceived as racist. Now, the rice will be called Ben’s Original in what the company calls an effort to “create a more inclusive future while maintaining its commitment to producing the world’s best rice.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/unc...-criticism-over-racist-imagery-184541912.html

What next Black Licorice?

I know it is PC to get rid of plastic straws......but what about the plastic Starbucks lids?
Silly goose. Dolphins don't die from Starbucks lids. They actually use them each Christmas to decorate their tree in the reef. It's one of those small miracles of nature.
And also I might be drunk.

I ate at Black’s bar b que yesterday and even though their chicken was pretty damn good I just couldn’t fully enjoy my meal knowing I’m financially supporting a business with unintentional racial undertones. Next time I’ll try the brisket to see if I feel more at ease

I ate at Black’s bar b que yesterday and even though their chicken was pretty damn good I just couldn’t fully enjoy my meal knowing I’m financially supporting a business with unintentional racial undertones. Next time I’ll try the brisket to see if I feel more at ease
I sure hope that I am allowed to go visit Tootsie and get some good ol Snow's BBQ!

Reactions: Belldozer1

Don Lemon and his cronies said "silence is not enough". You must do more, Bell. Maybe let Black's know that the spare ribs and greens must be taken off the menu - they're racist foods. Can't serve turkey, dressing, and apple pie . . . connotes white privilege. Black's BBQ can only serve tofu.

Fri, Sat, Sun try the BBQ trailer on 725 just inside County Line Rd. He sells out by 3 or 4. His ribs and brisket significantly beat Black's. Coronado's BBQ.

The brisket is top notch there. I like Black's, but it is pricey.

ADVERTISEMENT