ADVERTISEMENT

What was this clown thinking?

Rules are rules but I don't think weed should disqualify an athlete, ever. If anything, it hinders their performance.

I havn't done it since highschool years but am completely for pairing it up with alcohol laws.

Reactions: blk240
There's certain types of over the counter aspirin/ibuprofen that you'll pop positive for that are banned. Olympic testing is by far the most stringent. But weed? That's just dumb.

As I have studied this story I have mixed feelings. Marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug so it's kind of bs to ban someone who tested positive for it.

But as I said above the rules are in place. With so much at stake why didn't she abstain?

Hopefully they will change this in the future. But until then these Olympians have to 🔴 it isn't worth it.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
As I have studied this story I have mixed feelings. Marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug so it's kind of bs to ban someone who tested positive for it.

But as I said above the rules are in place. With so much at stake why didn't she abstain?

Hopefully they will change this in the future. But until then these Olympians have to 🔴 it isn't worth it.
Agree. What is debatable is whether the Ganga should be on the banned list. What isn’t debatable is that it is. She knew it and went ahead anyway. She’s not very smart.

Ain't gonna happen in our lifetime.

Soooo…

without getting into whether it should or should not be a banned substance, the idea that it is not a performance enhancing drug is false.

THC helps with inflammation and pain, which absolutely aids in the recovery process, which is why it is banned.

It can also aid in getting into a more relaxed state mentally, although obviously that’s a more person-to-person basis.

Again, not stating whether it should or should not be banned. But it IS against the rules, and more importantly, gives her a huge advantage over someone who follows those rules and doesn’t get the same aid in recovery.

Soooo…

without getting into whether it should or should not be a banned substance, the idea that it is not a performance enhancing drug is false.

THC helps with inflammation and pain, which absolutely aids in the recovery process, which is why it is banned.

It can also aid in getting into a more relaxed state mentally, although obviously that’s a more person-to-person basis.

Again, not stating whether it should or should not be banned. But it IS against the rules, and more importantly, gives her a huge advantage over someone who follows those rules and doesn’t get the same aid in recovery.
I hear ya brother, but are you ready to let weed break out, no holds barred? Think about it. It's a can of worms. Imo.

Reactions: MiccoMacey
How could weed be as harmful as alcohol?
Well, I don't think the experts have actually classified it yet as a depressant, stimulant or hallucinogen because it's effects are very wide-ranging between individuals. If it acts as a stimulant it most definitely can be performance enhancing to some individuals, not all, just some. I just don't see athletes imbibing drink while training for the Olympics, maybe I'm wrong, I think that's saved for the victory/spoils partys. Imo. The message that should be learned from all of this is that this very talented runner either broke down or just has a total disregard for rules. Rules are rules. You wanna play? You follow the rules, plain and simple. Many in our country of bleeding hearts think she should be given a pass, many don't. Try selling that to the rest of the world though. I occasionally spend time with a hospital administrator lady friend of mine and posed the question to her. She answered without pause that marrijuana can most definitely be performance enhancing to some.

How could weed be as harmful as alcohol?
It's not. Here's how we know.

Nobody smokes too much weed and dies. I know people, as I'm sure many of us have, that drank themselves to death. I had a very successful Uncle that did this. Nam vet-- airborne. Found his way into SF and then (we think) the Phoenix project. Never told us what he did but it was obvious he couldn't cope. Made crap tons of money, but drank a bottle plus of scotch every day. Liver finally gave out. He was 58. True functioning alcoholic.

Then there's James Garner. Ya, that guy. One of the biggest Hollywood stars ever. Shortly before he died he said he'd smoked weed every day of his life for the last 60 years. He was 86. Look at Willie Nelson. He's probably smoked more weed than any person on the planet. Dude is 88.
Weed is 100% organic and the MOMENT they legalize it, I'll be using a little every evening before bed time.

Why? Because I've had multiple knee surgeries. Ankle surgery. Foot surgery. Nose surgery. 9 broken bones in my right hand and 4 in my left. A broken patella (knee cap left). A bulging disk in my neck AND lower back. Two sports hernias-- one on each side. And too many pulled or torn muscles and sprained ankles to count. I live in pain every day. And I'd give anything to be able to sleep 8 hours without being woken.

Last edited:
It's not. Here's how we know.

Nobody smokes too much weed and dies. I know people, as I'm sure many of us have, that drank themselves to death. I had a very successful Uncle that did this. Nam vet-- airborne. Found his way into SF and then the Phoenix project. Never told us what he did but it was obvious he couldn't cope. Made crap tons of money, but drank a bottle plus of scotch every day. Liver finally gave out. He was 58. True functioning alcoholic.

Then there's James Garner. Ya, that guy. One of the biggest Hollywood stars ever. Shortly before he died he said he'd smoked weed every day of his like for the last 60 years. He was 86. Look at Willie Nelson. He's probably smoked more weed than any person on the planet. Dude is 88.
Weed is 100% organic and the MOMENT they legalize it, I'll be using a little every evening before bed time.

Why? Because I've had multiple knee surgeries. Ankle surgery. Foot surgery. Nose surgery. 9 broken bones in my right hand and 4 in my left. A broken patella (knee cap left). A bulging disk in my neck AND lower back. Two sports hernias-- one on each side. And too many pulled or torn muscles and sprained ankles to count. I live in pain every day. And I'd give anything to be able to sleep 8 hours without being woken.
So, should sha'carri' be allowed to run?

So, should sha'carri' be allowed to run?
I believe she should because weed isn't a PED-- unless we are talking about pain management. Pain is a part of sports. And if you can't DEAL with the pain, it effects your performance. And if you're using weed to abate those pains so you can perform, then yes, it's a "form" of PED.

But the rules are rules. If folks don't like them, then change them.

I believe she should because weed isn't a PED-- unless we are talking about pain management. Pain is a part of sports. And if you can't DEAL with the pain, it effects your performance. And if you're using weed to abate those pains so you can perform, then yes, it's a "form" of PED.

But the rules are rules. If folks don't like them, then change them.

Good luck brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT