ADVERTISEMENT

What we can do to beat TCU

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
One of the plusses of this season is that we have played great in the second half all year. Now I'm not a football coach but isn't this an indication that our team was physically prepared to play a full season?

But we have not played well in the first half all season SJS doesn't count. Obviously this goes hand in hand with our troubles on offense this year. But if we start rolling in the first half on Saturday we have a real chance of victory in Fort Worth. It was the way Iowa State beat TCU that makes me think we can take down the horn frogs.

I posted on another thread about Coach Herman being interviewed before the OK game. They asked him if beating OK would be his first big win. He said no that the first big win would be beating a team they aren't supposed to beat. We get off to a good start on Saturday night then the Longhorns are primed for that underdog victory.

Oh btw these last two games John Burt III has started holding on to the ball on a consistent basis. Is it enough for the coaches to think he can be trusted now?

D needs to keep improving and offense needs to show up ready for war and be prepared to finally whip a mofo's ass.

Carter and Young were a huge boost to the running game. In all of football history, it's always been the medium size "turn on a dime" rb's that do the most damage. We should start with these two and pound with warren at key opportunities.

We should smash TCU, makeshift O-line or not. I'm tired of excuses coming out of this program for years. Make it happen or GTFO.

One of the plusses of this season is that we have played great in the second half all year. Now I'm not a football coach but isn't this an indication that our team was physically prepared to play a full season?

But we have not played well in the first half all season SJS doesn't count. Obviously this goes hand in hand with our troubles on offense this year. But if we start rolling in the first half on Saturday we have a real chance of victory in Fort Worth. It was the way Iowa State beat TCU that makes me think we can take down the horn frogs.

I posted on another thread about Coach Herman being interviewed before the OK game. They asked him if beating OK would be his first big win. He said no that the first big win would be beating a team they aren't supposed to beat. We get off to a good start on Saturday night then the Longhorns are primed for that underdog victory.

In what world was texas supposed to beat OU this year? They were more of an underdog to OU than any other big XII game this year...

pound warren??? that dude don't pound! he tip-toes. his most important "power" run this year came when sam pushed his a$$ into the end zone

Reactions: DHHorn
Need to stick to the run. I do not understand for the life of me WHY we’re throwing on every first down. I’m honestly convinced it’s play calling that has lost us games

In what world was texas supposed to beat OU this year? They were more of an underdog to OU than any other big XII game this year...

That’s just Tom Herman understanding that Texas should beat OU every year. It’s the right mindset because it’s the truth. Glad he’s willing to voice it out loud.

Need to stick to the run. I do not understand for the life of me WHY we’re throwing on every first down. I’m honestly convinced it’s play calling that has lost us games
It should be crystal clear by now they can’t run. Only chance is using the pass to set up the run.

Very simple answer. Texas has NO running game. Its an OL thing.
That's the problem with this team. It doesn't matter if it's Shane or Sam. Doesn't matter who is the RB. OL has to get better. If Connor comes back next year, we will be a lot better. Thin but better

Very simple answer. Texas has NO running game. Its an OL thing.
Yes and No...Warren couldn't hit a hole if it had hair on it. Porter is a better blocker than Warren, lacking in the punch department and needs to bounce outside.

Carter and Young both hit the line with authority and don't tend to go down on first contact. They deserve and have deserved more snaps for a long time. It's now their time to shine.

no, he tends to block and catch the ball well. he's not without his charms. he just isn't what people expected/ wanted him to be

I don’t know...maybe I’m the only one, but I just wish we would run it more to keep the opposing defense guessing. I know it’s not working great but idk...just my thoughts

Most teams do not run the ball on TcU and Patterson is one of the best defense coaches in the country.If we can pass the ball deep and our wide outs could have more speed than the TCU secondary,flat passes to the backs,mis direction plays might fool them.Please note Kansas had a minus 31 yards rushing the entire game.Beck will have to earn his salary this game,

Reactions: westx
It’s a good time to say Hook’em Horns! My UT degree looks good on my wall, regardless of the football team’s win/loss record.

You seem really eaten up with what I said. TH knows that we suck right now. All I was saying was that he also knows Texas should NOT suck, and that Texas should be beating OU. That doesn’t mean that he thought it was likely to happen this year.

Nope, just correcting the record on what the word "supposed" means...or, actually letting ol' Tom do it for me...and himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT