ADVERTISEMENT

Where are You From?

I grew up in East Texas. I attended elementary, junior high, and high school in Shepherd, Texas, about an hour north of Houston.

Born in Mt. Pleasant, Texas, raised in Daingerfield, Texas, college at Stephen F. Austin State in Nac, East Texas State in Texarkana, Texas, lived in Houston for 12 years, Austin and Leander the last 8.

Can trace my Texas roots back to Travis and have had family in Austin since at least the 1920s.
This post was edited on 2/17 8:26 PM by TomNobisHorns

I'll be damn Belldozer, you and I are practically neighbors. Although I wrote that I reside in San Antonio, my house is located on the Northeast side of town in Cibolo.

Originally posted by swVAHorn:
RoboCocks21 posted on 2/17/2015...

Born in Odessa, Texas grew up in Pecos, Texas my friend growing up was on the 05 team. But moved to Grand Prairie, Texas for high school and reside here now.

Hook Em

I was long gone from Pecos when you graduated. The Eagles....Lets go War Birds!!

I left Pecos in 99. When did you leave?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Belldozer1:

Born in Dallas, live in New Braunfels.
Lucky you. There are a lot of worse places to live in Texas besides New Braunfels.
happy0001.r191677.gif

Yup harolds, just north of Muleshoe. Drove through every time we went back to visit from Amarillo. Turn at the Ford dealer to get to Muleshoe from Amarillo.

Re: Where are You From? Reply

Originally posted by txn_in_wa:
Born in Muleshoe, Texas, grew up in Amarillo, school at UT, then on to Seattle, now living in indianapolis.

I be damned. For some reason I was under the impression this whole time that you hailed from Uranus.
2/17 7:26 PM | IP: Logged

Belldozer, not sure where this came from, but okay...a$$hole.

Re: Where are You From? Reply

Born in Muleshoe, Texas, grew up in Amarillo, school at UT, then on to Seattle, now living in indianapolis.

I be damned. For some reason I was under the impression this whole time that you hailed from Uranus.
2/17 7:26 PM | IP: Logged

Belldozer, not sure where this came from, but okay...a$$hole.
Hey Txn is all in good fun and a little payback from the other day when you zinged me pretty good. At least I indicated I was joking around with you. If you are going to play you gotta be prepared to pay
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by LonghornMM:

Born in Dallas, live in New Braunfels.
Lucky you. There are a lot of worse places to live in Texas besides New Braunfels.
happy0001.r191677.gif
I agree but I've been here 35 years and it sure has changed a lot, some for the good and some for the bad. Growing up in the 70's and 80's around here I very rarely heard of a murder etc. but unfortunately with all of the growth also comes the bad things.
Still a nice town but it is changing like everything else I guess.

Originally posted by oldhorn2:
4th generation Texan from Kingsville in South Texas....moved to Pampa when I was 4 and moved back to Kingsville when I was 10....been mostly in San Antonio since 1978.
Isn't there a notoriously big tract of land down around Kingsville etc.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Cotton #12:
I reside two miles north of Cowboy stadium(AT&T) and Texas Ranger ballpark in Arlington,Texas and have been here majority of my life.Horn fan as far back as I can remember.
Cotton, you familiar with North Dallas? Specifically NW HWY and Preston Road area, DeLoache St. to be precise

Originally posted by Scholz:
Midland, TX. Oil country. West siiiiiiiiide.
Scholz what line of work are you in out there? Is that where you are originally from?

Born and raised in AR surrounded by idiotic Razorback cult mentality. Moved to Austin for school - should've been born there. Never felt so at home in my life. Texas will always be home to me.

Yes,back in the 70's I lived in that area by bachman lake,north of love field before area turn to rot.Nw hwy/Preston rd was a shopping center with Foleys,not bad area.

I was born in Midland and then my family moved to Austin shortly thereafter. I have been here my entire life and LOVE IT.

Born in Houston. Raised in Richmond, home of The Talberts, Marvelous Marvin Kristynik, and the only aggie who didn't act like one, even though he won a National Championship in 1939.

tex_in_wa I'm from Ada,Oklahoma. My wife's relatives are from Friona.
She also had family that lived in Muleshoe for many years.

Originally posted by MiccoMacey:
Tulsa, OK currently.

I have lived in Texas and really enjoyed it.

But I am an Okie. Which means I have 12 toes, I guess.
wink.r191677.gif
Took my boss to Linda Mar last week and consumed a double-cheese in your honor!!

Born in Odessa, Texas grew up in Pecos, Texas my friend growing up was on the 05 team. But moved to Grand Prairie, Texas for high school and reside here now.

Hook Em

I was long gone from Pecos when you graduated. The Eagles....Lets go War Birds!!

[/QUOTE]

I left in 85. Pecos will always be home. Small little town but I loved it. I live in Virginia Tech country now. They are sort of like aggy....not quite as bad but sort of. They built a case for their "National Championship Trophy" back when Vick was in school....hasnt worked out to well for them. LOL

This post was edited on 2/18 7:44 AM by swVAHorn

Scholz what line of work are you in out there? Is that where you are originally from?
I grew up there. Left when I was 18 and moved to Austin. Been here ever since. You only stay there if you're in the oil bidness.

Hook Em

I left in 85. Pecos will always be home. Small little town but I loved it. I live in Virginia Tech country now. They are sort of like aggy....not quite as bad but sort of. They built a case for their "National Championship Trophy" back when Vick was in school....hasnt worked out to well for them. LOL

[/QUOTE]

Man I was just born in 85 lol but I have tons of family there it's like the whole town is almost related. Yes small town you left Pecos at a good time you would of been depressed there during the 90's. Pecos has changed alot now with the oil field going strong you probably wouldn't recognize it. Every time I go back I feel like a tourist now. That's how crazy Pecos has gotten because of the oil field. Have you been to Pecos since you left? Don't forget Pecos is home of the world's first rodeo! VT does sound like a cult lol you can't get away from them even moving to another state lol
Posted from Rivals Mobile

RoboCocks21 posted on 2/18/2015...

Hook Em

[/QUOTE]

Man I was just born in 85 lol but I have tons of family there it's like the whole town is almost related. Yes small town you left Pecos at a good time you would of been depressed there during the 90's. Pecos has changed alot now with the oil field going strong you probably wouldn't recognize it. Every time I go back I feel like a tourist now. That's how crazy Pecos has gotten because of the oil field. Have you been to Pecos since you left? Don't forget Pecos is home of the world's first rodeo! VT does sound like a cult lol you can't get away from them even moving to another state lol

So true about the cult...There were 11 pregnencies my senior year......you may have been one? LOL... They called us the Pecos Padres for a while that year...crazy. I have been to Pecos a few times since I left. I was back there about 18 months ago. The town is tiny now. I noticed the new oil wells all around Reeves county and near Pecos. I got a brother who lives in Monahans now and a few more relatives in Odessa but most of us are in Virginia now. I will always be a Texan! Have you been to Pecos recently?

This post was edited on 2/18 2:14 PM by swVAHorn

To txnwa. Did you go to Palo Duro Canyon when you were living in Amarillo? I went there in '97 with my kids and my first wife. PDC is the best kept secret in TX when it comes to beauty The TX Grand Canyon. Just beautiful. If anyone gets the chance to go there do it. Make sure you do the cowboy breakfast and see the play TX.

Wanted to but didn't get to see the Cadillac's buried upside down. Isn't there a restaurant where you get the chance to try and eat a 72 ounce steak with all the trimmings? Amarillo is a decent place.

Originally posted by californiahorn 4:
To txnwa. Did you go to Palo Duro Canyon when you were living in Amarillo? I went there in '97 with my kids and my first wife. PDC is the best kept secret in TX when it comes to beauty The TX Grand Canyon. Just beautiful. If anyone gets the chance to go there do it. Make sure you do the cowboy breakfast and see the play TX.

Wanted to but didn't get to see the Cadillac's buried upside down. Isn't there a restaurant where you get the chance to try and eat a 72 ounce steak with all the trimmings? Amarillo is a decent place.
That steak doesn't look that big .... until you try to eat the whole thing.

Home of John Nance "Cactus Jack" Garner,Dale Evans, Dolph Briscoe,Ben Kinchlow,and Matthew McConaughey-honey capital of Texas (our 1970's cute looking Honeybee twirlers proved it.-Uvalde, TX.

Hook em Horns

ADVERTISEMENT