ADVERTISEMENT

Why was my LHN post pulled over to premium?

I was not able to get on this site for several weeks because if you are under the British internet bubble OB is considered apparently considered a dangerous site. I dont think Bill Gates would have been able to log on. I kept getting these tiny in the corner warnings saying....404 forbidden site...

I digress....I had been trying to get in the discussion about the missing thread. All I can think of is the pay boards which are generally....not entirely... but mostly made up of a snobbish bunch that is certain they are getting superior inside scoop than we, the unwashed, are allowed to see. The problem they have is that they cannot escape that niggling fear we might.....just might have some information that has escaped the wisest of the wise like FCB and Sochomile (sic) so they slip down here and have a look-see. That is when they discover something that upsets their sense of wokeness. They dont want to read stuff like that and they dont want us to read stuff like that either.

That is where their indignation rises up. They claim we, again....the unwashed, are "squatters" that have no business here at all. I submit that we "squatters" in fact provide more revenue to the site that they ever could.
There are many advertising dollars provided by the free board that probably eclipse the paltry $9.95 payments made by the pay board guys. Further....were it not for all the numbers provided by those on this site, I doubt OB would be economically viable. Ask any advertiser....eyeball numbers are all that matters.
SAY IT AGAIN FOR THOSE IN THE BACK

Reactions: oldhorn2
However, I will say, that OBs sometimes gives things away to get more memberships. I paid less than 2. Unsure whether I would pay 9.95 or not.

However, I will say, that OBs sometimes gives things away to get more memberships. I paid less than 2. Unsure whether I would pay 9.95 or not.
You couldn't pay me money to get a membership to OBs. There are far superior sites with more inside information in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT