ADVERTISEMENT

Will Texas handle Tech easily?

eda5420

Evan Allison
Gold Member
Nov 20, 2017
As everybody knows, Tech is an Air Raid team with a below average defense. Texas is a stout defense with an average to below average offense. Will Texas handle Tech easily or will they be in a battle of field position with the MVP being Dickson?

Short answer: no.
Texas hasn't handled anyone easily this year outside of SJSU. I think we win, but it wont' be easily. Got to outscore them and scoring hasn't been super easy for the longhorns this year.

Hopefully we run the ball to keep that air raid off the field. So I'll say no it won't be an easy win.

It will be a close game for sure and Tech is going to be playing hard to get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility.

Tech definitely needs this one more. Can't discount that.

Texas couldn’t muster 14 against ok state. Nothing can be taken for granted. I think they’ll win but it won’t be easy.

Tech definitely needs this one more. Can't discount that.
I agree that Tech needs this more than Texas. Coach Bro will be coaching for his job, at least it seems like it. Im hoping that Texas isnt riding high on the bowl game. This could cause Texas to be mentally unprepared.

This could cause Texas to be mentally unprepared.

Some how I don't think Herman will allow that. Dude is pretty good at keeping this team grounded and plus they really haven't won anything so I think they want to end on a high note.

Reactions: eda5420
Everything changes on the Texas offense when Sam is in there. With him in there we can score enough points against a mediocre defense ie.. West Virginia. We've gone up against offenses much better than TT this year. As a matter of fact this is the worst offense that TT has had in awhile. But for them it's the Texas game and they're always sky high when they play us. But this is becoming the best defense Texas had had I the last ten years. It's on national tv. I think we'll win.

I agree that Tech needs this more than Texas. Coach Bro will be coaching for his job, at least it seems like it. Im hoping that Texas isnt riding high on the bowl game. This could cause Texas to be mentally unprepared.

I disagree that "needing it more" and "coaching for his job" are as big of factors as some think. If it was then we should have rolled KU last year and it didnt happen

I would also ammend Out in Cali's statement that everything changes when Sam is out there....I think it should say....everything changes when Conner is out there.

Add all that up and I will be surprised if we dont win this game very easily.

As everybody knows, Tech is an Air Raid team with a below average defense. Texas is a stout defense with an average to below average offense. Will Texas handle Tech easily or will they be in a battle of field position with the MVP being Dickson?

NOPE, nice thought though.

I think Texas needs this game as bad as tech does. Yeah Texas is already in a bowl, but I really think this program needs 7-5 and to keep the momuintim building. Losing to Tech at home after the win last week would be kind of a let down

I would also ammend Out in Cali's statement that everything changes when Sam is out there....I think it should say....everything changes when Conner is out there.
I was thinking the same thing. Sam hasn't really been the difference maker. His freshman mistakes have been costly, but, this has been a rough season altogether for everyone. Nonetheless, I have high hopes for Sammy boy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT