ADVERTISEMENT

Will we have the same batting problems as last year?

westx

Dec 6, 2009
It is very early in the season, but, I wanted to know from somebody that follows the baseball team closely. Will our offense be a potential problem in winning the CWS? So far, it has been unimpressive in the limited games I have watched.

They've hit well every game so far this year except these two games today.

USD has pitched well, but weather is also a big factor. You are almost forced to play small ball baseball in this type weather.

Originally posted by westx:
So far, it has been unimpressive in the limited games I have watched.
Then you haven't watched very much. Our offense was outstanding until this weekend.

We have seen some very good pitching, maybe we should have scheduled Dartmouth, Holly Cross, Princeton or Deleware State.

I haven't seen any games previous to the San Diego series. From what saw, Texas is gonna have issues with pitchers who have good ball movement. The hitters looked very uncomfortable at the plate, hope they get it solved!

We'll be just fine. We'll grind out 40 wins and most likely another trip to Omaha (sigh) part for the course, but I don't see us finishing higher than 3rd again. Honestly I think tcu will do well and aggy will again lose in the regional.

Originally posted by baseballaggie:
You're weren't very high in batting average and scoring before the weekend. I doubt those numbers went up.
Compared to our "hitting" stats of past years we've improved, I'd say. I'm not implying anyone is going to confuse our lineup with the Bronx Bombers from the 60's but compared to the veritable 60 ft bunting machine our offense has been in the past......

Texas(13)baseball still ranked ahead of A&M in the NCBWA poll despite their 8-4 record. A&M(14) is 12-0. Play someone A&M damn.

Originally posted by TexExSpur:
Texas(13)baseball still ranked ahead of A&M in the NCBWA poll despite their 8-4 record. A&M(14) is 12-0. Play someone A&M damn.
13 and 14, damn that's a big difference.

Originally posted by mikej042002:

Yeah,you would know. Being kings of moral victories. Its not like real rankings matter. They don't dictate seeding or anything. And its not like you guys were bragging pre-signing day about being ranked one spot ahead of us in the mythical football recruiting rankings or anything.

"13 and 14, damn that's a big difference."

Still 72 spots ahead in the RPI. A&M is 12-0 and 122 in RPI, that's all you really need to know about how pathetic your schedule is. Your SOS is 278.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/2 10:13 PM by utisdabomb12

A&M's 3 weekend opponents so far this year (Dartmouth, Holy Cross and Penn State) have a combined 1-17 record. If I were an aggy I would be pissed, that's an absolute joke.

Yeah, lets ignore the fact that one team has four losses! An Aggy loss and they begin to tumble with that weak ass schedule.

Yeah, lets ignore the fact that one team has four losses! An Aggy loss and they begin to tumble with that weak ass schedule.
Kind of like Texas did after dropping two to a 2-6 team.

Yet we have 4 losses total now and are STILL ranked higher than aggys? Hmmm.. interesting... You do realize you suck at this trolling thing right? 4 losses and we "tumbled" to #13...... yet you have 0 losses and are still ranked behind us.... who here has more respect in the baseball world? But hey, tell us all about aggy championship history in baseball since you are here..... and explain to us why we are ranked ahead of you with 4 losses - let me help, your athletic programs are a joke and everyone knows that you play cupcakes in all sports to pad your stats and rankings, and that your ooc is a laughing stock that brings you no respect from anyone anywhere.... thanks for playing though.

San Diego is head and shoulders better than Holy Cross, Dartmouth and Penn State. They are currently sitting at 1-17.
This is the very reason Texas still ranked ahead of the Ags. Johnson and his crew have played zero teams with a pulse.

Not even close.

"Kind of like Texas did after dropping two to a 2-6 team."

San Diego will finish way ahead of Dartmouth, Holy Cross and Penn State in the RPI. San Diego had a bad start. Like I said at the beginning of the year, they were a pretty god team last year. San Diego has a lot of draftable talent if you knew anything about baseball.

This post was edited on 3/3 3:58 PM by utisdabomb12

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
"Kind of like Texas did after dropping two to a 2-6 team."

San Diego will finish way ahead of Dartmouth, Holy Cross and Penn State in the RPI. San Diego had a bad start. Like I said at the beginning of the year, they were a pretty god team last year. San Diego has a lot of draftable talent if you knew anything about baseball.

This post was edited on 3/3 3:58 PM by utisdabomb12
I'll go ahead and say it. Dallas Baptist would beat Texas. They never gave up last night.

"I'll go ahead and say it. Dallas Baptist would beat Texas. They never gave up last night."

laugh.r191677.gif
Aggys always running their mouths in March. All you aggys have one thing in common, you run your mouths with nothing to show for it. Remember this last year aggy.
celebration_b1402_txam3.jpg

This post was edited on 3/4 5:45 AM by utisdabomb12

This ignore feature is actually pretty good. Baseballaggie is now on ignore because he's most likely texasggiesfan/factfinder/gemba.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/4 6:15 AM by utisdabomb12

Great......been gone for 3 days and get back to another dumbass aggsy. Again baseballaggsy.....tell us what u guys have EVER done in baseball.
Mediocrity in football and in baseball and basketball its worse than that......hey but at least that 1939 football championship helps take the sting
out of being irrelevant.......TEXAS owns AtM PERIOD.

Wow, this guy really wears a tin foil hat!

I would assume you are talking about yourself and the other aggy trolls in this thread.. you guys are crazy... and even busting out the "team A beat team B that you lost too, so they would beat you too"..... just stop.... it is pathetic that an aggy is even trying to talk smack about our baseball team seeing as how we knocked you out of postseason play last year and damn near won it all, and are favorites to make the CWS yet AGAIN this year.....

If you feel the need to talk smack about one of our teams, at least make it one that you actually have better historical reference in.. maybe you can trash talk our equestrian team... you guys sure got us beat there.... but in stuff like this - we have more NC's in baseball than you have appearances in the postseason..... and will be playing for yet another this year while your baseball team sits at home and watches...... but you should be used to that - the closest aggys get to NC's in the big 3 sports is watching other teams play for them

I just looked at the rankings and even the experts are not pulling the trigger on A&M yet, they have basically played a D3 schedule.

Originally posted by Falko:
I just looked at the rankings and even the experts are not pulling the trigger on A&M yet, they have basically played a D3 schedule.
They have gotten good at weak OOC scheduling to pad their wins in all sports lately. And still, they have won nothing of substance in quite a long while.

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:
Didn't Dallas Baptist take the series from the team Texas just lost both games to this weekend.
roll.r191677.gif
This obsessive bitterness and raving lunacy constantly from aggys to Texas fans is a natural product of them never seeing their big 3 sports teams win or even compete for national titles in their lifetimes (and knowing deep down they won't ever see such a thing before they die) and watching our football and baseball teams win it all several times. It's sad really.

ADVERTISEMENT