Texas 25 WKU 25

Rebounds Tx 25 WKU 13
Assists Tx 7 WKU 5
Blocks Tx 3 WKU 2
Turnovers Tx 13 WKU 5

Steals TX 0 WKU 3
3 PT TX 1/6 WKU 4/17
Shooting TX 12/25=43% WKU 9/31=29%

Texas beats WKU and advances to the round of 32.

I see why WKU has been ranked this year, very good team.

This was a game where we had major mismatch problems because of injuries. Gooch is an All American power forward type player and both our power forwards are injured.

This post was edited on 3/20 6:18 PM by utisdabomb12

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
Texas beats WKU and advances to the round of 32.

I see why WKU has been ranked this year, very good team.

This was a game where we had major mismatch problems because of injuries. Gooch is an All American power forward type player and both our power forwards are injured.

This post was edited on 3/20 6:18 PM by utisdabomb12

How many injuries do we have?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

"How many injuries do we have?"

Both our forwards (Enkempali and Jones). The only other forward available is a FR who simply isn't ready to play yet (Akigbogun). Henderson is also banged up and isn't getting many minutes because of injury.

Enkempali was a huge loss because she was our leading scorer and rebounder, but also our Senior leader. The only positive is we've had a couple months to get our young players some experience which will pay dividends in a couple years. This season took a hit though once Enkempali got hurt. I think we can still make the Sweet 16 with this young squad, but that's about it. I was thinking elite 8/final 4 with Enkempali.

The amount of injuries we've had this year is actually pretty incredible. Our starting PG, Atkins, missed about a month with an ankle injury. Our starting center, Stafford, missed a couple months to start the season. Our backup center, Lang, missed a couple games with some type of knee injury I believe.

This post was edited on 3/20 6:44 PM by utisdabomb12

Amazing that we hung on to win with 19 TOs. Either Cal or Wichita State will be much tougher competition. Can't afford to have those scoreless stretches next time.

Watching Wichita St-Cal right now. Cal is banging inside. They have 7 players >6'1". We'll have to worry about our bigs getting into foul trouble. Could be a battle of attrition on the inside. Also, we cannot go 1-13 from 3 and expect to beat either of these teams.

ADVERTISEMENT