ADVERTISEMENT

Worthy to Texas 2021?

He's 165 and runs a 4.4.

Any guy that can take the top off a defense is of value. The faster you take the top off a D, the more points I'm going to score on you. It's really that simple. If I can take your best cover corner out of the play and force your safety to come over the top to help, I've got you over a barrel--- big time.

Problem with this kid might be that he's 165 pounds. Every pound he gains will slow him down--- unless he learns how to properly adjust. There is a technique to running fast-- believe it or not.

He's 165 and runs a 4.4.

Any guy that can take the top off a defense is of value. The faster you take the top off a D, the more points I'm going to score on you. It's really that simple. If I can take your best cover corner out of the play and force your safety to come over the top to help, I've got you over a barrel--- big time.

Problem with this kid might be that he's 165 pounds. Every pound he gains will slow him down--- unless he learns how to properly adjust. There is a technique to running fast-- believe it or not.
But what if his wingspan is longer than 6'1 that's how tall he is. NBA players with long wingspans can gain up to 25 pounds without losing speed. Can't NFL players do the same thing?

And Jaiden Alexis is built the same way. He's 6'0 175 lbs and from what I've read has legitimate 4.41 speed. And I've read that both guys will be on the playing field this year.

But what if his wingspan is longer than 6'1 that's how tall he is. NBA players with long wingspans can gain up to 25 pounds without losing speed. Can't NFL players do the same thing?
They can gain speed with added muscle. But here's the problem, even if you gain muscle, it can also cost you speed. This is where your flexibility and running techniques can help with that.

I was reading that at Pro Day Caden Sterns did a 40" vertical and ran something like a 4.38 40

If that is true why did we never see any of that?.....yeah, yeah....he had some injuries but I think he just didnt give a damn...

ADVERTISEMENT