ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting

And did I hear we are losing a LB to the portal today? Mitchell I believe. Didn’t he have a good bowl game? Thin at that position.

And did I hear we are losing a LB to the portal today? Mitchell I believe. Didn’t he have a good bowl game? Thin at that position.

He didn't play in the bowl game. He has been in the dog house for punching a coach at practice. He got processed.

He didn't play in the bowl game. He has been in the dog house for punching a coach at practice. He got processed.

He posted 5 tackles, 2 solo in the bowl game. Was flying around pretty good out there. We’re gonna miss him, especially with how thin we are there.

He posted 5 tackles, 2 solo in the bowl game. Was flying around pretty good out there. We’re gonna miss him, especially with how thin we are there.
4-2-5 We used to be a 3-2-6.. Some of those safeties are going to be playing LB.

1 week till signing day and it seems like we are in a good position for:
DL - Alfred Collins
DL - Princely Umanmielen
RB/WR - Kelvontay Dixon

2 others to watch include
DB - Ennis Rakestraw
WR - Savion Williams

I think we finish with the number 7 overall recruiting class with one of the highest average player rankings.
After listening to Mike Roach's podcast "State of Recruiting" I feel really good about Dixon and Collins.

Umanmielen seems a bit more up in the air. Lots of folks coming at him here at the end. Roach made it sound like we needed to get him back on campus this weekend to seal the deal.

Williams depends on if he makes it to campus as well. He told TCU that he wouldn't be visiting Texas this weekend as originally planned. Hard to believe we are having such a hard time out recruiting TCU, not like they have done much lately.

Rakestraw should be on campus for a visit. Bama has come on as of late but may not have room. Missouri is the other major contender as they go in on him early.

Reactions: q1w2e3
After listening to Mike Roach's podcast "State of Recruiting" I feel really good about Dixon and Collins.

Umanmielen seems a bit more up in the air. Lots of folks coming at him here at the end. Roach made it sound like we needed to get him back on campus this weekend to seal the deal.

Williams depends on if he makes it to campus as well. He told TCU that he wouldn't be visiting Texas this weekend as originally planned. Hard to believe we are having such a hard time out recruiting TCU, not like they have done much lately.

Rakestraw should be on campus for a visit. Bama has come on as of late but may not have room. Missouri is the other major contender as they go in on him early.
Multiple reports that Umanmielen is on campus for an official visit. As noted above, getting him back on campus was important for sealing the deal and holding off late pushes from elsewhere. He has been back and forth quite a bit (committed, decommitted, Texas, OU, Baylor lean) so I think we will be waiting this one out until Wednesday but this is definitely positive news.

Reactions: q1w2e3

In response to your TCU comment...some kids just believe fatmans bullshit negative tactics

You know with recruiting season coming to a close I was wondering about Zack Evans. I saw where he visited TN but when the coach made his visit to the Evans house it didn't go as planned whatever that means. We know that he signed with GA and then was released. And now GA has a commit from a 4* rb. I'm gonna take a guess and say he'll sign with the cow college it appears that they're in his final 3. And GA doesn't need him anymore and he apparently he doesn't want go to TN. He might have to go where doesn't want to go find out on Wednesday.

I have never seen such a talented kid have such a bad reputation that he isn't wanted by most of the big time schools? Blows me away. The big part is, he hasn't broken any laws, he is just defiant and doesn't respect authority. I'm starting to think this is all about what is going on inside his house more than what is going on inside his head.

Reactions: outhereincali
You know with recruiting season coming to a close I was wondering about Zack Evans. I saw where he visited TN but when the coach made his visit to the Evans house it didn't go as planned whatever that means. We know that he signed with GA and then was released. And now GA has a commit from a 4* rb. I'm gonna take a guess and say he'll sign with the cow college it appears that they're in his final 3. And GA doesn't need him anymore and he apparently he doesn't want go to TN. He might have to go where doesn't want to go find out on Wednesday.

Since he already signed an LOI with Georgia he can't sign another one. This means he does not have to make a decision on Wednesday because there is nothing he can sign. He can drag it out until he enrolls to whichever school he wants (or whoever will still take him) and I bet that is exactly what he is planning to do. This way he doesn't have to start listening to any coaches and can do what he wants for a bit longer. I don' think he is in any hurry to start conforming to any team rules, and if he shuts it down he might have to start working. Just my uneducated opinion.

24/7 Sports just put out an article outlining his recruitment. It is a good summary of the craziness that has gone on over the last year.

https://247sports.com/Article/Zach-...see-Georgia-Texas-AM-Ole-Miss-USC--143141489/
And we aren't even done, and potentially not even close. Evans still have OV to take and will likely be at USC or FSU this weekend with either of those schools having a legit chance if he visits.

And he won't have to decide to sign. We will be waiting to see where he enrolls come summer before we have anything official. And then we just wait for him to transfer.

The kids don't like Carrington? Hartline? Bates? D. Johnson? Etc.?
Didn't say that. I just don't think they choose TCU solely over GP, they chose TCU more so bc of Kelly. Especially the WR's. We lost Reagor to them bc of Kelly a few years ago, we lost Q.J. this cycle bc of Kelly, and we are going to lose the Savion kid to them also because of Kelly.

Since he already signed an LOI with Georgia he can't sign another one. This means he does not have to make a decision on Wednesday because there is nothing he can sign. He can drag it out until he enrolls to whichever school he wants (or whoever will still take him) and I bet that is exactly what he is planning to do. This way he doesn't have to start listening to any coaches and can do what he wants for a bit longer. I don' think he is in any hurry to start conforming to any team rules, and if he shuts it down he might have to start working. Just my uneducated opinion.

Evans is still not qualified. He's taking the ACT test again this weekend. If he doesn't qualify academically, he has two choices - enroll at a FBS school and redshirt, or go JUCO and play.

Reactions: DHHorn
Didn't say that. I just don't think they choose TCU solely over GP, they chose TCU more so bc of Kelly. Especially the WR's. We lost Reagor to them bc of Kelly a few years ago, we lost Q.J. this cycle bc of Kelly, and we are going to lose the Savion kid to them also because of Kelly.

Then he truly must be amazing, because TCU is dog shit offensively

LSU has moved on away from him. The list is now...aTm...Ole Miss..and Tennessee

seems like I saw it on Brainiacs and Hornsports both. Then again, I am old and at times (according to my wife) delusional...

For that matter....I have read today that he was on visits to USC and another out west school......and I also read that he is retaking his ACT test to determine if he can go anywhere....

someone is lying on the internet.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT