ADVERTISEMENT

2024 SEC SCHEDULE

hookem777

Dec 13, 2011
Well the 2024 SEC Schedule is about to come out....

whats everyones wants as far as scheduling? Who do you think is a lock?

I say we will defintly play OU and aggie

Wants? I would love for us to play Tennessee and Florida.

Well the 2024 SEC Schedule is about to come out....

whats everyones wants as far as scheduling? Who do you think is a lock?

I say we will defintly play OU and aggie

Wants? I would love for us to play Tennessee and Florida.
I would love to not play AL next year. Back to back is enough for now

Most important I'd love to play Vanderbilt every year

Sounds like the aggys are getting restless with Jimbo, so I imagine he's on his knees wishing for a favorable schedule. Rumor has it that aggy will not play Bama, Georgia or ou the first new sec season. But has to take on McNeese State!

soo we get

Florida at home
Georgia at home
Miss ST at home (RIP Pirate)
Kentucky at home

Arkansas away
Aggie away
Vanderbelt away

Ou duh

PPL already saying Texas got the "VIP" treatment with the easiest schedule lol....

All we have heard is how mighty the s.e.c s.e.c.s.e.c is and how we wouldnt win 2 games. And now we are told " you got suuuch a easy schedule blah blah blah. God i cant wait to just see it on the field.

@clob94 how many of these teams did you play? Best road trip to visit? Worst/ dont spend your money"?

im hearing our OOC games are UL Monroe, Michigan, Colorado state and UTSA

PPL already saying Texas got the "VIP" treatment with the easiest schedule lol....

All we have heard is how mighty the s.e.c s.e.c.s.e.c is and how we wouldnt win 2 games. And now we are told " you got suuuch a easy schedule blah blah blah. God i cant wait to just see it on the field.

@clob94 how many of these teams did you play? Best road trip to visit? Worst/ dont spend your money"?
I don't recall many saying you wouldn't win 2 games... maybe they did. I have always said I think Texas is set up better in the SEC than in the Big 12. It is more the style of play and the athletes they will recruit. In saying that, I do feel that the SEC does have more athletes on the field week in and week out. You can't play B or C games and come out on top. Texas will recruit as good as they ever have and do just fine. I am not one who thinks you come in and go 5-7 your first year. Looking at your schedule I could still see an 8-4 to 9-3 the first year.

As far as places to go on road trips? You can take it or leave it from me. I've been to Tennessee, Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Missouri and Kentucky.

Ole Miss is just a fantastic tailgating experience and pretty campus. It is just a fun road trip and a must do. The game experience would remind you a lot of Tech. There are a lot of fans that are just going to annoy the ever living *$%# out of you. Pretty crazy environment.

LSU is the best game day experience with an unreal crowd. Night games are the best there is. It is top 5 in the country without a doubt, and it would rank in my top 3 of atmospheres from all I've seen(SEC and MANY other guy trips to other schools)

Tennessee shocked me a bit. I thought their fans would be more like Georgia, Alabama and Auburn which were a little more classy...NOPE! It is really loud atmosphere and great environment, but man they had some really classless fans overall(every school has idiots, they just had more than most)

Georgia, Alabama and Auburn are just your all around great road trips. Classier fans than most, invite you to eat, don't talk a lot of *&*% to you and the atmosphere is incredible. The towns are easy to get around and some good eating and drinking establishments.

Florida is a really nice town and great campus. The game day crowd is fantastic, and the people are pretty cool there as well. I wasn't blown away by the noise like I thought I would be. It was loud, but it wasn't what I was expecting. However, they were not having a good season, so there is that.

Missouri is nothing special...much like a Big 12 environment that you would have faced at other schools...that is not a slam, but you know, just a smaller crowd and never really all the way full.

IF you have not been to College Station since the last time you played A&M there, then I suggest making that trip as well. A lot has changed to the town since we last played each other. That environment is pretty cool as well, and I suspect it will be as crazy as it has ever been in 2024. I look forward to that one.

Tailgating in the SEC is like no other. I have been to LOTS of stadiums touring with my boys. SEC teams will travel far more than Big 12 teams did, so you will get them making noise in your own stadium which adds to the excitement.

All in all you will have an AMAZING time in the SEC just to get up for games each week. It's just hard to get up for Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, TCU(they can't sell out there stadium if they were ranked #1 is all I'm saying. The atmospheres will be insane for you. Like it or love it, you know that Texas is a villain to many so you just get to embrace the hate.

I don't recall many saying you wouldn't win 2 games... maybe they did. I have always said I think Texas is set up better in the SEC than in the Big 12. It is more the style of play and the athletes they will recruit. In saying that, I do feel that the SEC does have more athletes on the field week in and week out. You can't play B or C games and come out on top. Texas will recruit as good as they ever have and do just fine. I am not one who thinks you come in and go 5-7 your first year. Looking at your schedule I could still see an 8-4 to 9-3 the first year.

As far as places to go on road trips? You can take it or leave it from me. I've been to Tennessee, Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Missouri and Kentucky.

Ole Miss is just a fantastic tailgating experience and pretty campus. It is just a fun road trip and a must do. The game experience would remind you a lot of Tech. There are a lot of fans that are just going to annoy the ever living *$%# out of you. Pretty crazy environment.

LSU is the best game day experience with an unreal crowd. Night games are the best there is. It is top 5 in the country without a doubt, and it would rank in my top 3 of atmospheres from all I've seen(SEC and MANY other guy trips to other schools)

Tennessee shocked me a bit. I thought their fans would be more like Georgia, Alabama and Auburn which were a little more classy...NOPE! It is really loud atmosphere and great environment, but man they had some really classless fans overall(every school has idiots, they just had more than most)

Georgia, Alabama and Auburn are just your all around great road trips. Classier fans than most, invite you to eat, don't talk a lot of *&*% to you and the atmosphere is incredible. The towns are easy to get around and some good eating and drinking establishments.

Florida is a really nice town and great campus. The game day crowd is fantastic, and the people are pretty cool there as well. I wasn't blown away by the noise like I thought I would be. It was loud, but it wasn't what I was expecting. However, they were not having a good season, so there is that.

Missouri is nothing special...much like a Big 12 environment that you would have faced at other schools...that is not a slam, but you know, just a smaller crowd and never really all the way full.

IF you have not been to College Station since the last time you played A&M there, then I suggest making that trip as well. A lot has changed to the town since we last played each other. That environment is pretty cool as well, and I suspect it will be as crazy as it has ever been in 2024. I look forward to that one.

Tailgating in the SEC is like no other. I have been to LOTS of stadiums touring with my boys. SEC teams will travel far more than Big 12 teams did, so you will get them making noise in your own stadium which adds to the excitement.

All in all you will have an AMAZING time in the SEC just to get up for games each week. It's just hard to get up for Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, TCU(they can't sell out there stadium if they were ranked #1 is all I'm saying. The atmospheres will be insane for you. Like it or love it, you know that Texas is a villain to many so you just get to embrace the hate.
I’ve been to LSU and Aggie home games recently. I found the game day experiences at both places to be way overhyped. The LSU game never really got that loud and the fans weren’t very rowdy. The tailgate scene was just meh. And this was in a rivalry game where both teams were ranked. Same goes for Aggie games.

For as much crap as DKR gets, Bama’s Will Anderson had this to say from last year:

"To be honest, since I've been here these last three years, this is probably the loudest environment I've done played in," Anderson said. "Probably the hardest game I've played in since I've been in college football. Their fans were super loud, they had a lot of energy. But the atmosphere was crazy."

None. Arky was before my time and the Miss st game we played against Jackie Sherrill was too.

Reactions: hookem777
I’ve been to LSU and Aggie home games recently. I found the game day experiences at both places to be way overhyped. The LSU game never really got that loud and the fans weren’t very rowdy. The tailgate scene was just meh. And this was in a rivalry game where both teams were ranked. Same goes for Aggie games.

For as much crap as DKR gets, Bama’s Will Anderson had this to say from last year:

"To be honest, since I've been here these last three years, this is probably the loudest environment I've done played in," Anderson said. "Probably the hardest game I've played in since I've been in college football. Their fans were super loud, they had a lot of energy. But the atmosphere was crazy."
I had a couple of Texas buddies that went to the Texas game and they said it was a great atmosphere as well. Keep in mind that Texas doesn't get to host too many of those games. This is not a flame, but even if TCU or Kansas St was #1 in the country and they visited Texas, Texas fans would just not have the same intensity because of the opponent. What I'm trying to tell you is that you will find that the SEC environment- is just crazy. The fans have more passion, the media covers it more, there is more talent in the SEC, so your fans and your home environment ARE going to increase. Texas is fixing to have home game atmospheres like they haven't seen in awhile. I've been to DKR several times and it wouldn't be considered some kind of really loud and crazy environment by MOST standards. What I saw vs Alabama(on TV) was something I feel you are going to see a lot of. This will shift into one of the greatest times of Texas football, and sadly if I had my guess I would say it is fixing to kick off some of the biggest seasons of Texas football. It's just my hunch.

Reactions: HornDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT