ADVERTISEMENT

A couple Friday recruiting notes

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Earlier in the week, I was mistaken when I said UT commitments Sione Teuhema and Maea Teuhema will be in Austin on unofficial visits. It will actually be an official visit for Seione, and Maea will be in town all weekend as well. These two are solid, but having them in for the entire weekend is obviously a plus.

Texas stopped by Ennis today to check on safety Jah'Shawn Johnson and 2015 DE James Lockhart. Johnson will be in Austin this weekend on his official visit. Texas has not offered yet, but I expect that will happen this weekend. We've also heard that Texas has moved up Lockhart's list with the new staff in place.

Per someone at Texas City, UT commitments D'Onta Foreman and Armanti Foreman are on their way to talk to the Texas coaches as I type. Both players are solid to UT but we'll pass on some notes on the visit later today.

Texas has not yet stopped by to see Newton RB Kevin Shorter but Shorter told his coach he was told they'd be by this week or next. On Shorter's health, his coach said they are still hoping he can play at the collegiate level. They've actually reached out to Jermichael Finley (Shorter sent him a tweet earlier this week) to find out which doctors Finley used since Shorter and Finley's injuries are similar.

As of last night, UT commitment Terrell Cuney had not heard when the Texas coaches would be coming by his school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News