ADVERTISEMENT

After one week of Orangebloods Live, I gotta say...

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
One week into our new Youtube venture, I wanted to both share some thoughts on the last seven days, but also open up the discussion in a way that encourages feedback.

* First of all, I want to thank all of our new followers on the Youtube channel. Over the course of the last 7 days, the channel has grown by 7% in terms of total subscribers, which definitely exceeds what our first-week expectations would have looked like in the build-up of the launch.

* I also want to also express my regret that this vision that we're trying to carry out with the platform isn't everyone's cup of tea. I understand that some of you just want the Monday Overreaction Show or the Modcast or Drunk Unc, and you didn't want that changed. In some cases, we're going to continue those shows (Monday Overreactions as an example). In other cases, we'll have to see how things go. I suppose it's like a good fantasy football trade in that if it's truly a good trade, it has to sting a little for both parties. We've made a drastic change that we think is in our best interests for the long haul, but it comes at a cost and I'm sorry that some previous viewing habits were part of the small collateral damage.

* As far as the opening week goes, I'm incredibly proud of every single person involved because let me tell you... pulling this off in a matter of a couple of weeks was not easy. As someone that remembers the KEYE-42 disaster when it launched in 1995 and most recently what happened with The Yakk, I know how important first impressions are. The one thing that couldn't happen was us debuting and looking like a clown show. I think the shows have looked great. Kudos to @BlakeSkaggs. He put in a crazy amount of work and I think it shows. I've been more pleased with the execution of things than I could have possibly believed I would be three weeks ago.

* I'm excited to announce a few things...

a. More shows are coming. We're likely to debut a new show on Wednesday night (stay tuned) and we've been contacted by a lot of people that want to get involved in the project. Radio guys. TV guys. Former players. You name it. There's a lot of interest, which is exciting.

b. The response from advertisers has been exciting as well. In fact, if you're interested in being a sponsor as we get ready to head into the football season, please reach out to me via PM or email (gkketch@gmail.com) or you can reach out to @BlakeSkaggs. This will very quickly be the life-blood for us.

* There's no question that this is an unconventional project. There's not really a blue print for what we're doing. We're guinea pigging it to a large degree... constantly tinkering with things as we get data points in. I think once we get into football season in a few weeks, we'll really hit our stride with the right form of presentation that allows us to provide both a viewer-friendly product that also allows for us to be financially viable.

* We're hoping to keep cranking out new Recruiting Flashbacks and other video ideas each week. Stay tuned.

* For the next few weeks, Rod is going to do a two-hour show instead of three hours. We want to make sure he adjusts to the new demands of his life as easily as possible. Once we get to football season, the plan is to move back to three hours in the afternoon. We just want to make sure we get to football season without killing him. ;) #respecttheryansecrestofaustin

Anyway, I could probably type 5,000 words. I'll save them for the replies and discussion.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your enthusiasm and support. From all of us.

Click here to check it out:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News