ADVERTISEMENT

Aliens

R.50dbf0c70d986c5de1b9cefefd301a4d

Reactions: hookem777
Mathematically yes. But they are either--

1. So far away that our species will be extinct before our technology enables us to contact them or
2. So incredibly advanced in their technology that we aren't even worth wasting their time on.

The whole "Independance Day" "Avengers" Hollywood bullsh!t fantasy of us putting up a fight is pure fantasy. We'd have the floor wiped with us.

Reactions: hookem777
Mathematically yes. But they are either--

1. So far away that our species will be extinct before our technology enables us to contact them or
2. So incredibly advanced in their technology that we aren't even worth wasting their time on.

The whole "Independance Day" "Avengers" Hollywood bullsh!t fantasy of us putting up a fight is pure fantasy. We'd have the floor wiped with us.
thats kinda what i say when me and my buddies have this discussion.

I say they were here and they left along long long time ago and we will never see them.

Uh-- for those of us that don't want to spend a half hour listening-- how's about a brief little synops for us?
My bad. Here it is:

Stanford genius professor of microbiology.
Thinks aliens are already here.
Wants federal money to study possible alien technology.
Says that if you expand your mind enough, you’ll find other entities in there.
Smokes marijuana and other stuff.

Last edited:
My bad. Here it is:

Stanford genius professor of microbiology.
Thinks aliens are already here.
Wants federal money to study possible alien technology.
Says that if you expand your mind enough, you’ll find other entities in there.
Smokes marijuana and other stuff.
A civilization that can utilize oxygen would come from a similar oxygen environment. The nearest possible environment that is believed to be Earth-like is in Kepler-452. That's 1800 light years away. That means traveling at the speed of light it would take 1800 years to get here.
So if they DID travel that fast, their tech is WAY better than ours. Which means we are FAR inferior to them. It would be like us colonizing gnats to interact with them. Actually- something lesser than a gnat.

Highly advanced technological societies are looking to INCREASE their knowledge by studying things more advanced than they are.
We are LESS advanced. It would be a waste of their resources to come here and study us.
Unless-- they needed our resources. And if that's the case-- what do they need? Why are they waiting so long? Do their ships run on Styrofoam and they're waiting for us to max out our production?

Reactions: freeper and Catemus
A civilization that can utilize oxygen would come from a similar oxygen environment. The nearest possible environment that is believed to be Earth-like is in Kepler-452. That's 1800 light years away. That means traveling at the speed of light it would take 1800 years to get here.
So if they DID travel that fast, their tech is WAY better than ours. Which means we are FAR inferior to them. It would be like us colonizing gnats to interact with them. Actually- something lesser than a gnat.

Highly advanced technological societies are looking to INCREASE their knowledge by studying things more advanced than they are.
We are LESS advanced. It would be a waste of their resources to come here and study us.
Unless-- they needed our resources. And if that's the case-- what do they need? Why are they waiting so long? Do their ships run on Styrofoam and they're waiting for us to max out our production?
I think the only reason the earth would be intersting to an alien civilization is because of its incredible amount of life. They may want to examine how life that began with a single universal common ancestor diversified into so many forms; and kept other trees of life from taking root.

Of course, they may also want to come to earth to hunt, as in Predator.

I think the only reason the earth would be intersting to an alien civilization is because of its incredible amount of life. They may want to examine how life that began with a single universal common ancestor diversified into so many forms; and kept other trees of life from taking root.

Of course, they may also want to come to earth to hunt, as in Predator.
For almost 20 years every person on the planet has been carrying around a camera on their phone.

I call this the "Kim Kardashian nipple theory".

Hear me out.

Kim Kardashian could be on a deserted island in the south Pacific, sunbathing her bulbous ass. She could roll over from her stomach to her ass and a tiny corner of her nipple could slightly pop out from behind her bikini top--- and there'd be 50 cameras that jumped out of the bushes to take a photo of it.

So we can see Kim Kardashians nipple, but we can't get a photo of a fvcking Alien spacecraft?

Nah bruh.

For almost 20 years every person on the planet has been carrying around a camera on their phone.

I call this the "Kim Kardashian nipple theory".

Hear me out.

Kim Kardashian could be on a deserted island in the south Pacific, sunbathing her bulbous ass. She could roll over from her stomach to her ass and a tiny corner of her nipple could slightly pop out from behind her bikini top--- and there'd be 50 cameras that jumped out of the bushes to take a photo of it.

So we can see Kim Kardashians nipple, but we can't get a photo of a fvcking Alien spacecraft?

Nah bruh.
I agree. The human brain is a very delicate, quirky organ. Conspiracy theories are proof positive of that.

UFOlogists are a special and persistent subset of conspiracy theorists who will accept even the most flimsy of evidence in their quest to prove the existence of alien visitation/residence on earth. Anecdotal evidence seems more than adequate for them. If thousands of people see UFOs, then there must be alien spacecraft flying about everywhere, or so goes their faulty logic.

It’s interesting that 92% of UFO sightings have been in the US. What does this say about the mental health of our citizenry compared to other cultures?

Last edited:
I agree. The human brain is a very delicate, quirky organ. Conspiracy theories are proof positive of that.

UFOlogists are a special and persistent subset of conspiracy theorists who will accept even the most flimsy of evidence in their quest to prove the existence of alien visitation/residence on earth. Anecdotal evidence seems more than adequate for them. If thousands of people see UFOs, then there must be alien spacecraft flying about everywhere, or so goes their faulty logic.

It’s interesting that 92% of UFO sightings have been in the US. What does this say about the mental health of our citizenry compared to other cultures?
In fairness-- back in the day we used to have a VERY heavily trafficked area of Nevada used by our military to test some of the funkiest things you can imagine. Many of them ended up on the scrap heap of military history (because they were failures). But--- if it's 1972 and I'm some Morman that's been drinking a bit and left Vegas on my way back to Salt Lake City in my car and all the sudden one of these aircraft decide to maneuver right over my car in the middle of the desert-- ya-- ima be freaked out, crash my car, piss myself, and then my brain is going to convince me that I've seen some sh!t I didn't really see. Maybe I DID see a ball of light that could be easily explained if I was an Air Force test pilot with TS/SCI clearance- but I'm not. I'm Joe Blow Morman guy that has no clue what DARPA is or what Area 51 or Groom lake is and I can't explain what I just saw.

So--- I blame Aliens.

This ain't difficult, folks. I've got 2 Air Force pilots and a Hornet driving Naval Aviator in the family. They've seen things that were 9.5 on their Weird Sh!t-o-meter-- but it's always been able to be explained. I've got an Uncle that swears he saw a goat whiz past his cockpit once. They were doing supply drops in Nam and some of the planes were dropping crates with goats in them. Crate breaks- goat gets out- goat falls out the back of C-123-- and now you've got pilots seeing flying goats and questioning their own fvcking sanity....

See how this sh!t works?

Pilot comes home and spends 20 years researching flying goats while drinking Dickel and smoking pot because he knows he can make sense of it all and then one day it clicks....

"Oh--- I was hauling corn and rice to the drop zone. I guess them other guys were hauling livestock."

See how that sh!t fvcks with your head?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT