ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else hearing about the bad vibes in Bellmont?

Horn 97

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2004
I have a friend who has worked for the Athletic Department for many, many years. We had a chance to catch up last week and for the first time I can ever remember, he is actively looking for another job. When I asked him why, he indicated the atmosphere in Bellmont is "completely toxic" since the hiring of Patterson.

He went on to explain that while DeLoss had his faults, there were at least lines of communication that would allow employees and departments to know where they stand. With the current situation, he indicated there is absolutely no communication within the department. His only communications with Patterson have been brief phone calls and receiving text messages from Patterson after hours and on the weekends.

Under these circumstances, he mentioned that self preservation is the primary objective of most of the higher ranking officials with everyone only interested in their own agendas. Individual interests are the only objective and any sense of team work or community is long gone.

As I mentioned, he's been there through good and bad times and isn't prone to over react, I was just wondering if anyone else had heard similar stories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News