ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone looked at TND news?

oldhorn2

Jan 2, 2013
I ran accross a new news channel by accident a few weeks back and I really like it. It is called The News Desk. It is on the CW channel during the week in the mornings and maybe evenings as well. It actually gives news....you know, like earth quakes, forest fires, Revolutions.....and Hunter Bidens lying ass. It is not a fluff station like Fox and friends or leftest bent reporting like CNN. They are more politically neutral than any other news outlet. It also does not hurt that all the news reporters are pretty hot.....at least most of them.

Anyway, you might give them a look ....Spectrum channel 7 in San Antonio. Otherwise, look for the CW.

The problem is this-

The dude that runs all the major network stations in San Antonio- lives in my neighborhood.
Literally- I can see his big ass driveway from my front door. We have monthly parties in my hood-- pretty cool actually-- and last month he and his wife showed up at one. I cornered his ass and grilled him.
He laid it out for me. It isn't about "news" anymore. It's about content. Nobody has "favorite newscasters" like they did in the 70s and 80s (Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw etc). Nope-- they want a specific form of content. They want confirmation bias. They don't want news-- they want opinions shaped like news that they agree with. They want a slant that appeals to them. And if they don't get it, they'll look elsewhere.

This is at a LOCAL LEVEL. Now-- mind you-- this guy has a hand in ALL the stations here. Fox, ABC, NBC and KENS5 CBS. One dude. By the time he stopped talking there were 10 of my neighbor dudes standing around, mouths agape, listening to this.
This isn't about news, it's about telling dumbasses what they want to hear so they'll tune on and these cocksuckers can sell more advertising time.

Reactions: freeper
The problem is this-

The dude that runs all the major network stations in San Antonio- lives in my neighborhood.
Literally- I can see his big ass driveway from my front door. We have monthly parties in my hood-- pretty cool actually-- and last month he and his wife showed up at one. I cornered his ass and grilled him.
He laid it out for me. It isn't about "news" anymore. It's about content. Nobody has "favorite newscasters" like they did in the 70s and 80s (Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw etc). Nope-- they want a specific form of content. They want confirmation bias. They don't want news-- they want opinions shaped like news that they agree with. They want a slant that appeals to them. And if they don't get it, they'll look elsewhere.

This is at a LOCAL LEVEL. Now-- mind you-- this guy has a hand in ALL the stations here. Fox, ABC, NBC and KENS5 CBS. One dude. By the time he stopped talking there were 10 of my neighbor dudes standing around, mouths agape, listening to this.
This isn't about news, it's about telling dumbasses what they want to hear so they'll tune on and these cocksuckers can sell more advertising time.
The number of news outlets has grown so much over the years it makes them have to stand out to make it. First there were newspapers, then came radio, then TV, then the internet, and now social media where every jack ass with a phone thinks they need to comment on things (and I’m well aware of the irony there). To be noticed you have report something or have an opinion that will catch people’s attention. So to make their content interesting they tell half truths, embellish, or just just make things up. You can’t trust anything you hear or read anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT